• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the change?

Kcnorwood

Where do I get my information from? Logic. Use your own developed sense of logic and place some ground rules then reexamine the bible.

For me, I know that God is good so that instantly eliminates Him torturing Job, tempting people, being jealous (the Creator of the universe jealous?), and murdering life in a flood.

Once you do this it then becomes apparent that the ancient tribal holy men and priests blamed God for all of these things because they didn't know what else could cause a worldwide flood or terrible disease, or storms, or meteors.

So why would people write about God being jealous & killing those that didn't heed to his word if they were trying to get people to convert? Fear is one hell of a motive but so is love which the bible has both.

Super Universe

Defender of God
So why would people write about God being jealous & killing those that didn't heed to his word if they were trying to get people to convert? Fear is one hell of a motive but so is love which the bible has both.

What power would a priest or church have over the people if they told the people the truth which is that God loves us all regardless of who we are or what we do?

None.

The bible is a means of control that holy men use on the people.

Kcnorwood

Quote By SU Where do I get my information from? Logic. Use your own developed sense of logic and place some ground rules. Isn't that just using common sence

Take the 10 commandments you don't have to believe in Any God to know those are nothing but common sence once again. Granted not everyone has them so maybe it's a good thing it's a in book for them.

mr.guy

crapsack
Take the 10 commandments you don't have to believe in Any God to know those are nothing but common sence once again.
2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3 "You shall have no other gods before [a] me.
4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
As for the change... it was inevitable as we matured as a society. I don't treat my son the same way when he was a toddler. Back then it consisted of a lot of "No" and "Try this". Now we have a discussion about cause and effects of HIS decisions (he is 18).

I Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. NIV

Now the law is simplified: Love each other. Those who tack on any number of other laws are reverting to legalism to earn their way into heaven. They missed the point of the entire New Testament.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

They weren't trying to get people to convert. Where did you get that from? The scriptures are the story of the relationship of God with God's people, written by God's people -- from their perspective -- about God's people, for God's people. When they portray God as being genocidal, it was usually because God was crushing their enemies in order to save them.

Also, some of the stories were taken from earlier Assyrian and Akkadian myth. This stuff didn't just drop out of the sky one day. The writings were written to preserve tradition, not to develop theology, particularly.

Kcnorwood

They weren't trying to get people to convert. Where did you get that from? The scriptures are the story of the relationship of God with God's people, written by God's people -- from their perspective -- about God's people, for God's people. When they portray God as being genocidal, it was usually because God was crushing their enemies in order to save them.

Also, some of the stories were taken from earlier Assyrian and Akkadian myth. This stuff didn't just drop out of the sky one day. The writings were written to preserve tradition, not to develop theology, particularly.

Your right my mistake. But the fact remains you have a collection of stories where God is mean & spiteful & then all of a sudden its full of love & grace.. unless you dont choose him. How were stories of God Killing women & babies protecting his people?

Sonic247

Well, the Tanach says it pretty clear that the covenant Hashem made with the Jews would stand forever and be everlasting. Nowhere in the Jewish scriptures does it say the covenant would pass away or be replaced. Both christianity and islam have nothing to offer that Judaism hasn't always had. Simply put, there is no need nor reason for them.

That's not true the penateuch and the writing of the prophets and the psalms all tell about the coming messiah.

Sonic247

Your right my mistake. But the fact remains you have a collection of stories where God is mean & spiteful & then all of a sudden its full of love & grace.. unless you dont choose him. How were stories of God Killing women & babies protecting his people?
That isn't true God is merciful in the Old Testament and Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone in the Bible.

Kcnorwood

How is this merciful?

(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB) Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."

I guess God forgiving him is merciful..

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Nuff said....

Sonic247

You don't think this kind of thing happens today? People die all the time. Everyone has to do whether they enjoyed life or hated it. After that God will judge people for what they have done in this life. And the Bible says "blessed are they that mourn for they shall comforted.". The law brings a curse because it was written for an evil world and no one keeps it, but mercy is availabe for anyone who wants it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
You don't think this kind of thing happens today? People die all the time. Everyone has to do whether they enjoyed life or hated it. After that God will judge people for what they have done in this life. And the Bible says "blessed are they that mourn for they shall comforted.". The law brings a curse because it was written for an evil world and no one keeps it, but mercy is availabe for anyone who wants it.

Why would God make the earth a place for souls to join with biologics and cover them with a veil so they don't remember their true self if He was then going to judge us for not knowing or believing in Him?

Forget the bible. Forget what the religions have taught you and just think for yourself, use your own logic.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why would God make the earth a place for souls to join with biologics and cover them with a veil so they don't remember their true self if He was then going to judge us for not knowing or believing in Him?

How are there any "biologics" without souls? What is the "veil"?

Forget the bible. Forget what the religions have taught you and just think for yourself, use your own logic.

Even when i use logic the bible and god come out on top. Theres no real way of explaining it in words over the internet, but once youve felt andd seen the healing power of god theres no going back. plus i dont get the whole big bang thing. It sounds crap. i dont get how there were 2 random molocouls that started everything.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Even when i use logic the bible and god come out on top. Theres no real way of explaining it in words over the internet, but ....
Well, so much for using logic. The fact of the matter is that self-delusion is an all too common human capacity, be it manifested in the horribly problematic nature of eye-witness testimony or the ravings of the 'victims' of alien abduction.

d.

_______
plus i dont get the whole big bang thing. It sounds crap. i dont get how there were 2 random molocouls that started everything.

reading up on the subject is of course completely unnecessary - how could your trusted gut feeling ever be wrong? of course it's 'crap'. :rolleyes:

Super Universe

Defender of God
[/size]
How are there any "biologics" without souls? What is the "veil"?

The term "soul" refers to the God fragment that desires an attachment to human beings. This is separate from the spirit energy that gives life to all biologics.

The soul is it's own entity, a God fragment that is immature, a child of God, afraid of nothing because nothing in the universe can harm it. It can go anywhere in the universe and inhabit anything it desires to learn and gain experience.

The veil is the cloud placed over us when we are born into a human. It's purpose is to separate us from our Father, who we know well. The veil gives a developing soul a chance to better understand it's personality makeup. What emotions control it? Selfishness? The desire for power?

The soul must understand these emotions in order to control them, not suppress them, but not allow them to cause the soul to be driven by selfishness and go on a rampage like humans do. One day, the soul will develop into a mature universal being with great power, almost equal to God. What would happen if that soul was in charge of a galaxy and got jealous or angry?

The universe is a giant university and the earth is pre-school.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Even when i use logic the bible and god come out on top. Theres no real way of explaining it in words over the internet, but once youve felt andd seen the healing power of god theres no going back. plus i dont get the whole big bang thing. It sounds crap. i dont get how there were 2 random molocouls that started everything.

As far as the big bang goes... The universe that your scientists see is a fraction of what really exists.

The multiverse is made up of eleven separate dimensions or frequencies of God energy with heaven at the center. God's energy leaves heaven and goes out in strings that vibrate at varying frequencies, extremely high at first then the frequency slows as the energy gets farther and farther away from heaven.

Your scientists think everything came from a big bang because that is what they see when they look into the night sky. Everything seems to expand from a central point of nothingness. But they can only see a fraction of the multiverse. Each time they build a more powerful telescope they find more galaxies, more stars. Once they build a powerful space interferometer they'll realize that the universe is not 13 billion years old, it's more like 150 billion years old.

The big bang was like a door opening from a higher dimension that allowed energy to flow down into a newly open area and then condense into a higher density of matter.