• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The Big 3 Religions Can't Deliver

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Yes I did. You need someone who has already been where you need to go. Would you trust your life to a safari guide who has never personally been to Africa? The same applies to a seeker. You want someone with experience, not someone who looked at a brochure. x

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
13. O SON OF SPIRIT!
I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? Out of the essence of knowledge I gave thee being, why seekest thou enlightenment from anyone beside Me? Out of the clay of love I molded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting.
(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

These words are golden, so far yours are dross.

Regards,
Scott

I gave up thees and thous a long time ago. I speak in a plain manner because the subject matter is difficult enough by itself. It doesn't gain anything by the eloquence of speech. x

Popeyesays

I gave up thees and thous a long time ago. I speak in a plain manner because the subject matter is difficult enough by itself. It doesn't gain anything by the eloquence of speech. x

It's a translation of the Arabic, if the language is too much for you, sorry.

Regards,
Scott

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
In simplest of words is easiest to read, agreed…..
The books link and so that stinks…..
people think,
its all about some special drink,
yet entirely miss the links…
So here sits a poet who started quite swell,
though was asked to read the books as well….
Within each book stated a living master has a name,
Then is a shame When sheep and goats,
don’t want to be tame….
Shepherds and farmers we find,
and people say it is to bind,
The secret we are looking for stems from the mind….
Consciousness is implied,
Yet “I Am” is denied,
As then the soul is occupied….
So learn to let go,
Help those who maybe shallow,
For in that is halo….
Yet as that circle goes,
Its as heaven shows,
And only Oneness knows….

Popeyesays

In simplest of words is easiest to read, agreed…..
The books link and so that stinks…..
people think,
its all about some special drink,
yet entirely miss the links…
So here sits a poet who started quite swell,
though was asked to read the books as well….
Within each book stated a living master has a name,
Then is a shame When sheep and goats,
don’t want to be tame….
Shepherds and farmers we find,
and people say it is to bind,
The secret we are looking for stems from the mind….
Consciousness is implied,
Yet “I Am” is denied,
As then the soul is occupied….
So learn to let go,
Help those who maybe shallow,
For in that is halo….
Yet as that circle goes,
Its as heaven shows,
And only Oneness knows….

Brava! Bravissima!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The kingdom belongs to all, but the road to getting there is much longer without a guide who has already made the journey.

This guide has to be a living guide. One that you can see and hear before you, and interact with. One that can answer your questions on the spot without having to consult a handbook.

One of the defining differences between religions and a master is a master can see you inside. He knows precisely what you need in the way of lessons to fulfill your journey. Religion can only offer a mass produced set of guidelines.

The most valuble thing religion can teach the masses is how to clean themselves up to be worthy of what God will fill them with someday. Make the vessel ready.

When I look at the world, I see many people who are in the process of trying to do just that. But lacking the proper guidence, they are neither well cleaned or enthusiastic about getting that way. The attractions of the world keep them diverted.

Even the clean ones can't find their way in the darkness of this world without a guide. Thats why the teachings of Jesus began to unravel after his passing. He was the light that showed them the way.

They didn't have enought light of their own to complete the path he laid out for them.

As you are a representative of Christianity, you see unity and community among followers.

I see sheep in a field without a shepard.

It is the same for both Jews and Muslims. Different sheep. Different field. Same predicament.

x

That's not what you said. You implied that everyone needed to have some special kind of gnosis before "making it there."

A living guide? That would be...the Church, with her clergy. You seem to think that the clergy only study theology. They do study theology, but, they're also (in most cases) required to undergo a rigorous amount of discernment and spiritual direction on an ongoing basis. Most priests I know have "been there" and are fully qualified to shepherd the sheep.

The religion (at least in the case of Xy), carries the light of the world, because the Church is the Body of Christ on earth (who is the Light of the world). When we are baptized, the officiant offers a candle to the candidate and says, "Receive the light of Christ." That's what's different about Xy. We are the Light, because we are in Christ.

We were made "worthy" through the Incarnation.

That's the great fallacy of misunderstanding grace: we are already made clean, and there's nothing we can do to clean ourselves. Our work is not to clean ourselves, but to learn to accept the fact that we have already been reconciled with the Divine, so that we can start acting the part.

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light...upon them has the light shined."

That's why the Church has always had the Apostolic Succession -- to carry the light forward for the people.

I can't help what you see, but it is seemly for you to refrain from passing judgment based upon your very human perceptions of whose and what we are.

wizanda

Premium Member
Mat 23:24-28
(24) Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
(25) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
(26) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
(27) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
(28) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

sojourner

Mat 23:24-28
(24) Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
(25) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
(26) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
(27) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
(28) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Again, the fallacy that there is some dirt that needs to be cleaned out. Yes. Washing the exterior will not clean the interior. But Christ washed us through and through, did he not?

wizanda

Premium Member
Mar 2:17
(17) When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

sojourner

Mar 2:17
(17) When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Repentance has nothing to do with washing. Repentance merely says, "Now that I am clean, I resolve not to go outside and play in mud puddles in my Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes."

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Repentance has nothing to do with washing. Repentance merely says, "Now that I am clean, I resolve not to go outside and play in mud puddles in my Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes."

Repentance is "turning away." People who perceive their righteousness can't turn away, because from their perspective, there's nothing to "turn away" from. They become the accusers, trying to steal God's Grace from others, all the while claiming to be able to lead them to righteousness or be a light for the blind. See Matt 23 and Romans 2, 7 and 8.

sojourner

That's the point. We accept our reconciliation with humility, realizing that "there but for the grace of God go I." Reconciliation is not, "I'm acceptable, therefore I can do whatever I want." Reconciliation is, "Wow! Even though I have turned away from God, God turns toward me in friendship. I desire that friendship, so I will now turn to God in friendship, myself."

Smoke

Done here.
I guess if there were no scriptures then you would be able to know God better, right? No, because you would know absolutely nothing about Him.
If it's impossible to know God without the scriptures, then it's impossible that people who lived before the scriptures were written could have known God. In fact, it's impossible that the men who wrote the scriptures could have known God; even the very last of the authors of scripture could have had only an incomplete understanding, since scripture was not yet complete.

If you believe it's impossible to know God without the scriptures, you're in the awkward position of having to learn about God from the writings of men who did not know God.