• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why such a change?

sniper762

does anyone care to attempt to explain WHY man has technologically advanced so much faster in the last few decades as opposed to his many thousands of years of existence?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I would say that it is because people are now encouraged to continue on wards. That, and we are interconnected with each other more so now than really ever before.

Then there is also that we have enough people who can actually specialize in different areas.

sniper762

i dont think that we are as close knit or interconnected as our hunter-gatherer ancestors.

the difference, i believe is that we are getting closer and more interconnected to the mysteries of god, through his help. we should be ready soon.

outhouse

Atheistically
does anyone care to attempt to explain WHY man has technologically advanced so much faster in the last few decades as opposed to his many thousands of years of existence?

its more like the last 200 years.

They went to the moon what 41 years ago lol

Our ability to communicate better has had the most impact.

knowledge in electronics has evolved dramatically in the last 30 years

You can thank scientist for evey part.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
i dont think that we are as close knit or interconnected as our hunter-gatherer ancestors.

the difference, i believe is that we are getting closer and more interconnected to the mysteries of god, through his help. we should be ready soon.
I meant interconnected by as a society. We may not be closer personally, but the world itself is more connected. For instance, we have the internet which allows people from all over to communicate with one another.

sniper762

Our ability to communicate better has had the most impact.

knowledge in electronics has evolved dramatically in the last 30 years

You can thank scientist for evey part.

BUT WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN? READY FOR WHAT? we are getting closer and more interconnected to the MYSTERIES OF GOD, through his help. we should be ready soon.
progress.gif

sniper762

We may not be closer personally, but the world itself is more connected. For instance, we have the internet which allows people from all over to communicate with one another.

THATS MY POINT. BUT WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wouldn't attribute too much to the modern era technology to our own era. Afterall the Greeks and especially the Romans had technologies that wouldn't be enjoyed again until over a thousand years later. Da Vinci even conceived many of our "modern" ideas hundreds of years ago. Things such as robots, hydraulics, vehicles, and air craft, and medical advances he designed a long time ago. We have even found what may have been ancient navigation computers.
I think why it has taken such a stronger hold in our lives is because we aren't spending sun rise to sun set tending to large fields, herds of livestock, making our clothes by hand, preserving our own food, and many other tasks that had to be done that made it more difficult to have the time to come up with new inventions.

sniper762

so we assembled a little over the past 100,000 years and a lot more in the last 200? big change, hey?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
aliens? now that makes sense.
It does. First, they helped us build the pyramids and advance during that time period. Then they sat back and watched. Later, some other aliens, remembering what they did with the pyramids, decided that they would copy it, but on a bigger impact.

Actually, I think much of it has to do with an allowance to do expand. Science was being more excepted, and was being expanded. It was even being supported in many fields.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Um...
Religious leaders do not have nearly as much pull in in the science field?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
greeks had cars, jet planes, computers? not even close.
:facepalm:Da Vinci built a robot, invented hydraulics, discovered cholesterol, came up with the idea for cars and helicopters, and discovered a gold mine of knowledge of the human anatomy, the Romans had plumbing and even eye surgery, and these navigation "computers" obviously were not the computers we have today. And then there was the technology utilized by cultures throughout the ancient world that enabled them to build grand monuments that are of great size and have withstood the test of time.

sniper762

their technology may have been implanted in the minds of our scientists, doctors and technicians in recent past in order for us to get to their level, maybe preparing us to fullly compehend god.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
their technology may have been implanted in the minds of our scientists, doctors and technicians in recent past in order for us to get to their level, maybe preparing us to fullly compehend god.

Now you are just grasping at straws.