• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should we save wild animals?

sparc872

I think pretty much everything that could be said has been said.

We are tied to the environment, no matter which way you look at it. Everything that supports our lifestyles is a direct result of something in the environment. If we go out and destroy everything, we pull the plug on our life support system and kill ourselves!

Most people wouldn't think that a single species of frog is important, but when you pull back and look at the big picture, that frog fits into a complex system; it is a cog in a huge machine that is prone to damage. Life is a delicate thing, and since we have the power to destroy it, we also have the power to save it.

Why save wildlife? Because it is clearly the most intelligent choice. Since when is destruction of life a good thing?

SunMessenger

Catholic
sparc872 said:
I think pretty much everything that could be said has been said.

We are tied to the environment, no matter which way you look at it. Everything that supports our lifestyles is a direct result of something in the environment. If we go out and destroy everything, we pull the plug on our life support system and kill ourselves!

Most people wouldn't think that a single species of frog is important, but when you pull back and look at the big picture, that frog fits into a complex system; it is a cog in a huge machine that is prone to damage. Life is a delicate thing, and since we have the power to destroy it, we also have the power to save it.

Why save wildlife? Because it is clearly the most intelligent choice. Since when is destruction of life a good thing?
This is very well said and thank you for this post. In response to the last question I keep asking the same thing to my self everytime I order a double cheeseburger... I am weak for them... I get three...:slap: Forgive Me...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
bio-diversity is vital to the successful continued existance of the human race.

we can't live without a healthy environment, our food crops rely on non-humans for thier fertilization (insects), removal of predators has caused an explosion of the populations of wild prey animals... this has led to the spread of diseases that effect our food animals.
Fish stocks are collapsing... fish are the primary source of animal food for nearly half the worlds population. The extinction of the coral reefs will collapse those ecosystems that the fish rely on. The loss of the ice caps will have the same effect.

WE are a part of this world, dispite all our grand tecnology. We simply can not survive without the rest of the world.

wa:do

GoldenDragon

Every living thing is important to the Earth and we're all linked. Just as everyone else said if animals suddenly all vanished leaving the humans than we'd be in trouble .Not only would it destory the natural balance but it would also leave humans feeling VERY alone.Plus humans are animals too it's all connected.

evearael

bio-diversity is vital to the successful continued existance of the human race.

we can't live without a healthy environment, our food crops rely on non-humans for thier fertilization (insects), removal of predators has caused an explosion of the populations of wild prey animals... this has led to the spread of diseases that effect our food animals.
Fish stocks are collapsing... fish are the primary source of animal food for nearly half the worlds population. The extinction of the coral reefs will collapse those ecosystems that the fish rely on. The loss of the ice caps will have the same effect.

WE are a part of this world, dispite all our grand tecnology. We simply can not survive without the rest of the world.

wa:do
I agree. Great post!