• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Satan Fell

wild20

Mods & Admins: Please relovate if needes, I am lost on where to put this.

Now on to my opinion. Satan, as you know, is not the good guy. Pretty simple. But some of you may not know how He fell. Satan, was most likely a covering angel. I believe there is either four or two. If anyone knows, feel free to put it in. He was very close to God and the bible says he was very beautiful. He also most likely was looked up to by the other angels. Here is how the story begins.

Satan was a beautiful angel. He must have thought highly of himslef because he did actually feel as important as God. The bible says the iniquity was found in his heart. As you can imagine, he must have been proud. Satan ultimately fell because of this pride. Some of the angels must have that very highly of him because a third of the angels went with satan when he was cast out. Now can you imagine, being in a wonderful place like heaven, and having a wonderful loving God, and then fighting against him vecause you think you can do better. Of course, satan didn't win. He couldn't. God is to powerful. But the point is that satan actually saught the position of God, and it all started with pride.

Pride is a big battle today. With the status you can gain and the various levels of population status, it can be quite bad. Jesus, when He was on earth, the greatest man of all, had no pride. He served others, before Himself, even to the point of going to the cross. No one I can find, would ever do that, for anyone else, and Jesus did it for the world!

jonny

This is very interesting and I agree with many of your points. Could you provide some references to the scriptures you quote?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I subscribe more to the Jewish idea of Satan... a challenger, not the Ultimate Evil.

What's a covering angel?

Jerrell

Satan was a Serephim, the highest Ranking Angel there was. He lead a huge portion of God's army of Angels. Now Satan is not the Only Angel There is Belial, a Servant of Satan. There is also Beezeelbub, the prince of devils. There are many fallen angels, Satan just leads them.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Jensa said:
I subscribe more to the Jewish idea of Satan... a challenger, not the Ultimate Evil.
Guy strikes me as a bit of a convenient scapegoat, to be honest. Bit like Drop Dead Fred on a worldwide scale.

What's a covering angel?
Something like a celestial lid?:D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
My problem with all this is the people that wrote about what happened were not there. How do they know? I don't think there is a satan, other then what dwells in our own heart and mind.