• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why religion will be the downfall of humanity…

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
:D seems you missed and swallowed my "P" again, as ya cant p while kneeling before me
All religions rely on fiction, lies and a whole lot of deception and whats more self deception, making each and every religious individual immediately a Liar and a traitor, and mind you a traitor to them selves! As they have allowed Lies to convince them fiction is fact, fiction which is obvious to those who are highly evolved. PERIOD.
So why debate, argue?
I am only here to have fun and while I am at it, point out to those who are backward there is still hope for them, all they need do is to learn the facts, so that they may replace all the lies and deceit with truth, once this is achieved then I may choose to debate with them, only problem for me then will be that facts cant be debated, unless some more~on supports lies and deceit, to which all one can do is to refer to generalized facts, and hope each fact sinks in to that thick head..

Cheers,

Pete..
Seem you might want to read the rules:
2. Trolling and Bullying
We recognize three areas of unacceptable trolling (Please note that these apply to PM's, Signature Lines and Visitor Messages as well): 1)posts that are deliberately inflammatory in order to provoke a vehement response from other users. 2)posts that Target a person or group by following them around the forums to attack them. This is Bullying 3)posts that are adjudged to fit the following profile: "While questioning and challenging other beliefs is appropriate in the debates forums, repeated blatant misrepresentation or continual harassment of other beliefs will not be tolerated."

If all you are here to to is to talk down and insult Theist then you are in the wrong place, go some where else. If you haven't noticed this is a Religious Education site, so Educate yourself.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
All religions rely on fiction, lies and a whole lot of deception and whats more self deception, making each and every religious individual immediately a Liar and a traitor, and mind you a traitor to them selves!
More generalizations? You really have no idea on how to present a valid statement do you?
As they have allowed Lies to convince them fiction is fact, fiction which is obvious to those who are highly evolved. PERIOD.
Your misuse of the term 'evolved' indicates that the truth is not as important to you as you seem to believe. It also indicate a massive ego and a lack of reasoning.
So why debate, argue?
Why are you posting?
I am only here to have fun and while I am at it, point out to those who are backward there is still hope for them, all they need do is to learn the facts, so that they may replace all the lies and deceit with truth, once this is achieved then I may choose to debate with them, only problem for me then will be that facts cant be debated, unless some more~on supports lies and deceit, to which all one can do is to refer to generalized facts, and hope each fact sinks in to that thick head..
Again, I have yet to see any facts presented by yourself. Instead what you present are ad hominem attacks on all religious beliefs and Non Sequitur conclusions.

If your only purpose here is to elicit outrage from specific groups, then you are indeed a troll and should take your methods elsewhere. Otherwise, you should rework your presentations to at least a semi-rational representation of your stance.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
For some reason I don't think we will be seeing the OP back here any time soon.

imaginaryme

:D seems you missed and swallowed my "P" again, as ya cant p while kneeling before me
All religions rely on fiction, lies and a whole lot of deception and whats more self deception, making each and every religious individual immediately a Liar and a traitor, and mind you a traitor to them selves! As they have allowed Lies to convince them fiction is fact, fiction which is obvious to those who are highly evolved. PERIOD.
So why debate, argue?

Cheers,

Pete..

Come on, now. I was laughing when I wrote my line (I didn't put in the smiley because I had a valid point) Pete begins his line with a laugh. I don't see a problem here. If you ask me, this guy sounds a little frustrated; and I can't really say as that I blame him - only that his frustration is misplaced - or can I even say that? Did I mention how I'd like to solve creationism with a wood-chipper? :D

But this is a lot of excessive generalization. For instance, many consider taoism to be a religion; if one believes such, and one writes a post such; one is dumb like post. :D

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
I spent 2 hours writing this...I encourage a few to read it.

Why religion will be the downfall of humanity…

I read through your post and I share your outrage at the atrocities that are committed for religious reasons or by religious people. However, I do not think that all atrocities are caused by religion or that atrocities would stop if all religion disappeared tomorrow.
I think the problem is we need to differentiate between religion and spirituality. Religion is a man made institution that I understand to have developed as a means of binding large groups of people together and as a means to preserve the power dynamic in a large social group. Spirituality I see as a person's innate desire to experience or commune with a higher reality than what one experiences with the senses. I personally believe that man has a spiritual component to his being, so I don't think that spirituality can or should be done away with. The problem is, spirituality tends to get institutionalized into a religion; and once its institutionalized, it is prone to corruption and misuse like any other human institution.
If we as a race learned tolerance and appreciation for our differences in spirituality, politics, sex, etc. then it wouldn't matter how many different religions we have. The problem is we have inherited as a race many religions that do not mutually tolerate each other or people that think differently from what they teach. And even if we fixed that, there is still intolerance that is not religiously based. I know plenty of white people that have never darkened the doors of a church that hate others based on the color of their skin. Their intolerance is not a product of religion.
So yes, if we got rid of or altered the big religions, we could get rid of some of the evil in the world, but there would be plenty left over to fix.

:candle:
Crys

IMAM

Simple God did not tell all of us to commit such transgression it was the people who stood and represented God who too advantage of the pwer they acquired. My freinds it is the fault of what man's hand has sent forth, not GOD, GOD just created the universe and HE also happened to create this world, and in time this world too will be turned to powdered dust and then another existence will commence of which we know not, better not to blame GOD, but blame the so called priests, rabbis, Monks and Imam's

Pure-Truth

Seem you might want to read the rules:
2. Trolling and Bullying
We recognize three areas of unacceptable trolling (Please note that these apply to PM's, Signature Lines and Visitor Messages as well): 1)posts that are deliberately inflammatory in order to provoke a vehement response from other users. 2)posts that Target a person or group by following them around the forums to attack them. This is Bullying 3)posts that are adjudged to fit the following profile: "While questioning and challenging other beliefs is appropriate in the debates forums, repeated blatant misrepresentation or continual harassment of other beliefs will not be tolerated."

If all you are here to to is to talk down and insult Theist then you are in the wrong place, go some where else. If you haven't noticed this is a Religious Education site, so Educate yourself.
Gee how did that happen? A Poster makes certain remarks and they are over looked, and then when remarks are changed to point them out as in via my self defense the one defending oneself is treated as the bully..

How about first addressing the REAL BULLY rather than the one being Bullied? such as the following quote
No, it's not raining... that's me ******* on your head. Sorry, what was that that? Rational debate?
zzzziiippp
Sure thing, Pete. As soon as we can move past these idiotic generalizations.

If we "kill god," we kill humanity. Religion has always been a tool to separate people into "saints and sinners." Society has evolved to the point where we can say, "it takes all kinds;" one could hope that religion could likely evolve. But religion ain't going nowhere. Might as well say, we're evolved now; this stupid brain that's been causing all this trouble, let us excise... No, no, no... if we must generalize, consider science to be the mind of humanity, and religion to be the heart. Truly, we need both.

Anyway you're right just because some troll picks on me, doesn't give me the right to return fire..

My apologies to all that are offended by my defense from this bully..

Cheers,

Pete..

Last edited:

Pure-Truth

More generalizations? You really have no idea on how to present a valid statement do you?
I have to agree with you there, it indeed may be an overly generalization, but never the less every single religion is indeed based on FICTION, and nothing can be said or added to any of them to have them actually being fact, but if you support any of them you can try, but I point out this will be as futile as trying to convince me night is day..

I am truly sorry if my posts seem far to generalized, but unfortunately this is the only way to point out who is and who is not evolved to the same level of those who are able to work with generalized facts..
Your misuse of the term 'evolved' indicates that the truth is not as important to you as you seem to believe. It also indicates a massive ego and a lack of reasoning.
Why are you posting?
I don't expect the unevolved to understand, and I have to admit even though some may be somewhat offended with my pointing out poor logic, so if you are not up to speed, I don't think I can help you any further, unless of course you are able to take in a broad range of generalized facts and work with them.. I stress my apologies to any discomfort.. but I also feel there is hope as long as one concedes to discard religious fiction..
Again, I have yet to see any facts presented by yourself.
I have done this intentionally to divide those who are able to refer to generalized facts from the readers who simply are not able to refer to generalized facts
Instead what you present are ad hominem attacks on all religious beliefs and Non Sequitur conclusions.

If your only purpose here is to elicit outrage from specific groups, then you are indeed a troll and should take your methods elsewhere. Otherwise, you should rework your presentations to at least a semi-rational representation of your stance.
<sigh> this is not my intention, so let me present a scenario..

Lets say a teacher gives two classes a problem where only only one class has received the problem before providing the information on to how to resolve the problem, so without this information students are at a loss, and or with no clue, The teacher at this point begins to hear discontent, much like your above statements.. I am sorry if you don't hold the critical data one needs to work with, and unfortunately I don't have the time to give you all the information you should be holding as a highly evolved individual.. SO - If you are not working with facts that I assumed all highly evolved individuals hold, then I would recommend you start right now discarding and replacing fiction based information for actual factual information, so that perhaps then my generalization will become clearly understood and as to why it is so generalized?

Anyway - lets now refer to the other class with the appropriate information on how to work with the problem "suggested highly evolved data base and or knowlegde based on facts, and therefore I would imply are a little more able and or evolved than the class with out the knowledge, they wont feel the need for discontent and or imply to generalization's..

And what I am trying to point out here and by the looks of it I may be failing miserably to those who are not as evolved..

Look, If you agree all religions are indeed based on fiction maybe you can help?

My problem is how do we help those poor individuals along to a more truth full reality?

How can we, being so highly evolved n~all, allow such deception to go on and how do we help them to see clearly the deceit and whats more point out to them how they are self decieving themselves and perhaps abusing their children by lying to them?

I know I am generalizing all religions, but as far as I have experienced not one of them as yet, provide clear facts to those it infects.. Have you?

So in short I am sorry if I cant provide what you seek, and I suggest you simply have to find out for your self where you are in error..

But if on the off chance you are merely messing about and are highly evolved by having not subscribe to some religion, then I stress- How can we help those who have not been reared with the tools to act only upon truth?

Cheers,

Pete

Pure-Truth

Come on, now. I was laughing when I wrote my line (I didn't put in the smiley because I had a valid point) Pete begins his line with a laugh. I don't see a problem here. If you ask me, this guy sounds a little frustrated; and I can't really say as that I blame him - only that his frustration is misplaced - or can I even say that? Did I mention how I'd like to solve creationism with a wood-chipper? :D

But this is a lot of excessive generalization. For instance, many consider taoism to be a religion; if one believes such, and one writes a post such; one is dumb like post. :D
No probs here either.. Ok is it safe to remove my medivac suit yet?

:slap:

Cheers,
Pete

Pure-Truth

Simple God did not tell all of us to commit such transgression it was the people who stood and represented God who too advantage of the power they acquired. My friends it is the fault of what man's hand has sent forth, not GOD,
To Me that is wrong! therefore your gawd is fiction!..

Consider this.. If your so called perfect gawd created everything perfectly to how it planned, your problem is the little surprises that enrages it, which in the past has been implied has it resulting in a lot of destruction, followed by a helping and or diddling of some virgin at the very onset of being able to conceive say around 11 or 12 years old, just to ensure this implied all knowing gawd was with a female that no man diddled said virgin, just in order that its perfect genetic-less and or gawd like genes could enmesh with a human set of genes, so that some half breed could suffer for all planned sins from the time of creating what was considered by an all knowing gawd at the time a perfect creation, and I am sure the all knowing gawd "past and present and future knowledge" must have and or still is drooling knowing to well everything that was and is still to transpire to all those religious individuals who need to suffer and or be tested to see if they are to wander away from a perfect plan like for example sin via the free will "that which BTW violates" the inference to what should have been a perfect plan, because said god is now made angry by unexpected sin that killed a whole bunch of his followers that should not have been killed, to which points out perfect gawd stuffed up by creating allowed flaws to dictate where the so called perfect plan fails to follow said perfect plan.. which in fact points out perfect gawd is not so perfect, as it had to resort to creating a half breed to suffer for one major stuff up that was the result of this so called free will..
GOD just created the universe and HE also happened to create this world,
Then prey tell, what created this fictitious gawd of yours?
Could it be a flawed reasoning that created it?
after all this gawd is referenced with the impossible..
and in time this world too will be turned to powdered dust and then another existence will commence of which we know not, better not to blame GOD, but blame the so called priests, rabbis, Monks and Imam's
Unfortunately the Universe refers to all that is possible, and unfortunately that excludes the impossible, anyway everything possible right now is only possible if all that was previously possible was indeed possible, to which all that needs to be possible later on relies on what is possible now, which BTW excludes your gawd from the universe, unless of course a fact can be presented, but I warn you this fact must conform to fact and not any fiction whatsoever..

This by its very definition excludes the impossible such as magic and miracles from the Universe, so if any statement about some gawd can be disputed then that gawd is fictitious, like for example the capacity to defy the possible and or having the impossible being possible by said gawd, which BTW actually then deems that gawd as fiction..

So let me now point out your gawd by its very own statements defines itself as a fiction, as it is associated with the impossible..
So your Problem therefore is, how is your gawd to conform to what is possible by presenting the impossible?

2~Duh~Loo!

Pete..

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe not?:D so here is your chance to provide me with a religion that does not rely on the supernatural, spirits, magic, miracles and or the impossible being possible..

ANYBODY?

Cheers,

Pete..

We've already provided you with a site where you can learn pretty much anything you want to learn about pretty much any religion you can name.

In your case though, I think the problem is the iffiness of the "want to learn" part.

But points for admitting that you just spent a week spewing hatred about something you know nothing about, even if the admission was unintentional.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I am truly sorry if my posts seem far to generalized, but unfortunately this is the only way to point out who is and who is not evolved to the same level of those who are able to work with generalized facts..I don't expect the unevolved to understand, and I have to admit even though some may be somewhat offended with my pointing out poor logic, so if you are not up to speed, I don't think I can help you any further, unless of course you are able to take in a broad range of generalized facts and work with them.. I stress my apologies to any discomfort.. but I also feel there is hope as long as one concedes to discard religious fiction..I have done this intentionally to divide those who are able to refer to generalized facts from the readers who simply are not able to refer to generalized facts <sigh> this is not my intention, so let me present a scenario..
Your so called generalized facts are actually examples of hasty generalization, a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence. You have based a broad conclusion upon the observations of the few and attempted to generalize it into a representation of all religion.

How can we, being so highly evolved n~all, allow such deception to go on and how do we help them to see clearly the deceit and whats more point out to them how they are self decieving themselves and perhaps abusing their children by lying to them?

I know I am generalizing all religions, but as far as I have experienced not one of them as yet, provide clear facts to those it infects.. Have you?
So, by your logic, Person A travels through Town X for the first time. He sees 10 people, all of them children. Person A returns to his town and reports that there are no adult residents in Town X.

So in short I am sorry if I cant provide what you seek, and I suggest you simply have to find out for your self where you are in error..

All I seek is a clear representation of facts. Something you have so far been unable, or unwilling to provide.

But if on the off chance you are merely messing about and are highly evolved by having not subscribe to some religion, then I stress- How can we help those who have not been reared with the tools to act only upon truth?
Again with your assumption that those who possess religious beliefs are not as "highly evolved" as those who do not. Is this an actual physical evolving, or a psychological one? You obviously consider yourself one of the 'highly evolved'. While anyone who does not see things as you do is less 'evolved'.
Have you ever been diagnosed with Narcissistic personality disorder?