• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Pat Condell supports Israel

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Is there anything false in this YouTube? Do share. He certainly gives a good explanation of reasons to support Israel.

I just learned who Pat Condell is. This is the second video I've seen of his. Although I don't see eye to eye with him on some matters, he does seem brilliant and gives interesting speeches.

Israeli-flag-2013-09-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Because we should all pay heed to what a racist lunatic thinks about... anything.

Cyber-pollution goes up by a considerable amount every time someone makes a thoughtless thread.

I've listened to many Pat Condell videos. I've yet to hear a racist thing he's said, can you provide an example or two?

And, to be clear, let's not waste time arguing about whether criticizing Islam is racist. Of course he criticizes Islam, and of course that's not a racist activity, correct?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I've listened to many Pat Condell videos. I've yet to hear a racist thing he's said, can you provide an example or two?

And, to be clear, let's not waste time arguing about whether criticizing Islam is racist. Of course he criticizes Islam, and of course that's not a racist activity, correct?

Condell also received criticism after links to his monologue titled The Trouble with Islam, were circulated to commissioners in the California city of Berkeley's Peace and Justice Commission. Condell said in the video that Islam is "a religion of war", that "Muslim women in Britain who cover their faces are mentally ill", though in some parts of the world women have no choice but to cover their face, as they are "governed...by primitive pigs whose only achievement in life is to be born with a penis in one hand and a Qur'an in the other". Commissioner Elliot Cohen described Condell's comments as "insulting, degenerating and racist".[61]

Source: Pat Condell - Wikipedia

That's one example. If we treat him generously enough not to label him a racist, he's still a bigot who doesn't seem to know how to productively add to public discourse in a consistent manner.

And no, it's not because he criticizes Islam. It's because of the way he talks about certain people.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

That's one example. If we treat him generously enough not to label him a racist, he's still a bigot who doesn't seem to know how to productively add to public discourse in a consistent manner.

And no, it's not because he criticizes Islam. It's because of the way he talks about certain people.
I don't see anything racist about it. He may be blunt, but where is he wrong? I would certainly say that Saudi Arabia and, to a slightly lesser extent, Iran are governed by "primitive pigs" whose only achievement in life was to be born with a penis and being able to use their religion to act as tyrants over others. Obviously not all Middle Eastern are like that and I don't recall him saying that.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If it wasn't for laws and governments robbing hundreds of millions of people of free speech and other Liberties, I would have no beef with Islam, with the exception of the calls to violence and hate in the Qur'an.

icehorse

Premium Member

I'm familiar with his videos. I just read the wikipedia article you linked to. In the article he was accused of racism, but no citations were given. Again, can you cite an example of him being racist?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'm familiar with his videos. I just read the wikipedia article you linked to. In the article he was accused of racism, but no citations were given. Again, can you cite an example of him being racist?

I don't think it makes any difference with you, but anyway here it's.

A British stand-up has been accused of spreading ‘racist hate speech’ in California.

Pat Condell has faced a barrage of criticism after links to his anti-Muslim monologue on YouTube were circulated to commissioners in the city of Berkeley.

In the five-minute video, Condell condemns Islam as a religion of war and its prophet Mohammad as ‘some rambling ancient desert nomad with a psychological disorder’.

He attacks fundamentalist men as ‘primitive pigs whose only achievement in life is to be born with a penis is one hand and a Koran in the second’ and accuses women who wear veils of their own will of being ‘mentally ill’.

Comic in US 'hate speech' row : News 2007 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

icehorse

Premium Member
I don't think it makes any difference with you, but anyway here it's.

A British stand-up has been accused of spreading ‘racist hate speech’ in California.

Pat Condell has faced a barrage of criticism after links to his anti-Muslim monologue on YouTube were circulated to commissioners in the city of Berkeley.

In the five-minute video, Condell condemns Islam as a religion of war and its prophet Mohammad as ‘some rambling ancient desert nomad with a psychological disorder’.

He attacks fundamentalist men as ‘primitive pigs whose only achievement in life is to be born with a penis is one hand and a Koran in the second’ and accuses women who wear veils of their own will of being ‘mentally ill’.

Comic in US 'hate speech' row : News 2007 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

None of which is racist, correct?

lukethethird

unknown member
I don't see anything racist about it. He may be blunt, but where is he wrong? I would certainly say that Saudi Arabia and, to a slightly lesser extent, Iran are governed by "primitive pigs" whose only achievement in life was to be born with a penis and being able to use their religion to act as tyrants over others. Obviously not all Middle Eastern are like that and I don't recall him saying that.
Why stop there with Saudi Arabia and Iran, what western imperialist countries are not governed by primitive pigs? Who's supporting and supplying Saudi Arabia with billions of dollars worth of arms?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why stop there with Saudi Arabia and Iran, what western imperialist countries are not governed by primitive pigs? Who's supporting and supplying Saudi Arabia with billions of dollars worth of arms?
I see women have a lot more freedom in the West and there's a lot more free speech,

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I see women have a lot more freedom in the West and there's a lot more free speech,
And they don't execute people for speaking against a religious figure, or adulterery, and we don't allow 53 year old men to marry a 6 year old girl (as the prophet Muhammad did).

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Lol.

I do think we should stop supporting the Saudis, though. I'd actually rather us be allied with Iran, between the two, since Iran is actually somewhat less insane. But Iran doesn't like Israel so the strong Israeli lobby in America wouldn't allow that.

icehorse

Premium Member
That's your opinion, I said to you it won't make any difference with you.

The word "racism" has a specific meaning. Please show me the sentence that's racist?

What I think you might be suggesting is that Condell is very critical of Muslim men. That's absolutely true. But "Muslim" is not a race. Being a Muslim is a choice. Being of a race is not a choice. This is an absolutely CRUCIAL distinction.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Lol.

I do think we should stop supporting the Saudis, though. I'd actually rather us be allied with Iran, between the two, since Iran is actually somewhat less insane. But Iran doesn't like Israel so the strong Israeli lobby in America wouldn't allow that.
I admire what I see and Iran. Women are sometimes allowed to take off their veil defiantly and protest the government and not all of them get arrested.

Iran also has a huge list of synagogues, as well as Jewish restaurants, Jewish cemeteries, Jewish schools, and Jewish hospitals.

Saudi Arabia and many Sunni nations like Pakistan would never allow that. Hence, I've grown a lot more fond of shi'ites than sunnis

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

The difference is that you may say Trump is a pig, you won't be jailed for saying it,
but that won't be the case in Saudi Arabia if one insults the king.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
And they don't execute people for speaking against a religious figure, or adulterery, and we don't allow 53 year old men to marry a 6 year old girl (as the prophet Muhammad did).
You might like to study the history of respective spousal ages throughout history before your latest "ZOMG! LOOK AT THE CRAZY MUSLIMS!" claim backfires. Again.