• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not Islam?

Yerda

Veteran Member
OK. I tried this in the debates section. It was hijacked by non-Christians. My mistake.

Why is Christianity more plausible than Islam?

I know very little about Islam. To me though, Christianity makes sense, and from the little I do know of Islam, it seems to me that there are irreconcilable differences between the two. If only one can be right (as they both claim to be,) and I've found Christianity to make sense, then from my perspective , Islam must therefore be wrong.

horizon_mj1

Every religion makes claims of being right, which IMO makes them all the more wrong (there is to be only one Judge right?) I was raised in a Christian faith and do some valid points; as an adult I am currently studying the Koran and am amazed at the fundamental ideologies and core values that are shared. Everyone always concentrates on finding differences, when sometimes finding the likenesses are much easier and help simplify things. In the end does it really matter which religion was right?

horizon_mj1 said:
Everyone always concentrates on finding differences, when sometimes finding the likenesses are much easier and help simplify things.
Be that as it may, whether someone can find similarites between the two or not (and I acknowledge that there are a few similarites between Christianity and Islam,) those similarites don't reconcile the differences between them. If they both claim to be the only right one and there are differences between them, then at least one of them has to be wrong, regardless of how many similarities there are between them.

horizon_mj1 said:
In the end does it really matter which religion was right?
One reason it could matter is if the religion is correct in its claim that a person's obedience to it affects where and how that person is going to spend eternity, and that person considers his place in eternity to be an important thing.

horizon_mj1

Isn't it a belief in both religions that no one knows you better than God and that He knows your heart even if you don't know the right religion; this being how you will be judged (by what is in your heart). I apologize if I am that far off base, I am by the way reading the Koran at present, so this thread helps, thank you, Jaiket.