• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the theology department not just the HR department?

David T

Premium Member
Theology sucks but what the hell. So why is theology so important in church? . The set guidelines like no child molesting and they cant even do that right.

Maybe its lack of artists that might be the issue. Theology steps into the void. But then harrangs artists right out the door. Seems self defeating actually?! It that petty jealousy of incompetent artists being territorial.? Hmmm might be.

Now i know theology today is generally practiced as cut and paste on this site Thats not theology although many pretend it is .No its not even incompetent not even wrong its so wrong. Its bible abuse..which the poor thing just sits there and never complains never speaks up although many claim it has lips. I have never seen lips.

Last edited:

Road Less Traveled

‘Theology’ has always been whackadoodle to me. Studying and getting an education on ‘God’ just sounds strange. Just a bunch of useless doctrines that people argue over. Counterproductive to anything genuinely good.

The only thing good about reading about all of the different doctrines, if not indoctrinated oneself, is to observe and understand better why people do the things that they do and believe the things that they believe and it always comes back to being because they were indoctrinated that way, told they had to by others, to make money off of, to get a degree on God in order to give oneself a title and teacher label and further the indoctrination system of chains onto more and more. Many’s lips are just parroting their indoctrination and what they were programmed to parrot. Sign at the dotted line and divorce what’s left of their minds and what little power, autonomy, individuality they have left to authorities over themselves.

The art of solitude, exploring oneself, with a clean open mind is rare.

Last edited:

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Theology sucks but what the hell. So why is theology so important in church? . The set guidelines like no child molesting and they cant even do that right.

Maybe its lack of artists that might be the issue. Theology steps into the void. But then harrangs artists right out the door. Seems self defeating actually?! It that petty jealousy of incompetent artists being territorial.? Hmmm might be.

Now i know theology today is generally practiced as cut and paste on this site Thats not theology although many pretend it is .No its not even incompetent not even wrong its so wrong. Its bible abuse..which the poor thing just sits there and never complains never speaks up although many claim it has lips. I have never seen lips.

I feel like you mean something else when you say thw word theology. Especially when you declare "theology is garbage philosophy." Now, you probably think you're referring to (Christian) theology bur again you don't understand the term. Because the above here is called moral standards, and you even further don't seem to get stuff.

If I said tomorrow, "Nobody may carry guns" the only ppl this would stop is those who obey rules. Similarly, "nobody should child molest" is probably on the books, but this doesn't actually mean everyone doesn't do it. For that matter, I am soooooo tired of hearing about this. What you never hear about is how many of these churches actually do this (here's a hint, the reason it makes the news is because it's news, like man bites dog; in 30 years of being part of the church, I have not ever encountered a child molester) as compared to secular politicians (pot, meet kettle), nor why it happens in the first place (it seems to happen more frequently in the Catholic church where marriage is disallowed, making me draw comparisons to prison and how gay sex happens alot).

But you said theology. So let's try to give you some education.

Theology is not whatever you think is true of Christian faith. Nor is it moral rules. Nor is it legal rules. Theology means the study of religion. And this can involve Buddhist, Jewish, etc theology. That's it. What a religion believes and why.