• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the Luciferian DIR still considered a subset of the LHP here?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Self-consciousness, higher intelligence, abstract thought, critical thinking, creative thought and will, independence of mind and will, all these things did not originate from the natural order of things as they are all antithetical to the non-thinking mindless mechanical order of the cosmos. Just because they exist within the natural order does not automatically say that they are of that order.
*nods*...and everything we think and perceive is processed through this subjective interface.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Even if you have lost touch with reality? Now we are getting back to the realm of union again, no? Sure, your body's material workings might still be part of "the all," but your mind is off in la-la land if you lose touch with reality.

Losing touch with the objective world does not change the nature of the objective world itself, only the nature of your impact on it.

Here, lets say that right now we are all one with the all. Whether this is the quantum processes that create us or some mystical force, we are part of it, and it itself is absolutely everything. Whether the mind is aware of this or not changes nothing about the nature of the All, only the nature of how you act within it. One is fully capable of understanding and experiencing their place in the all ("union") and also embracing the perception of duality. This allows one both to experience unity as well as self initiation / deification / whatever.

Self-consciousness, higher intelligence, abstract thought, critical thinking, creative thought and will, independence of mind and will, all these things did not originate from the natural order of things as they are all antithetical to the non-thinking mindless mechanical order of the cosmos. Just because they exist within the natural order does not automatically say that they are of that order.

That which exists in the natural world is natural.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
It is through the Gift of Set, that I am able to perceive the beauty and magnificence of nature and the Universe. The glory of the sky-by-night in a dessert for instance.

crossfire

Premium Member
Losing touch with the objective world does not change the nature of the objective world itself, only the nature of your impact on it.
It might not change the nature of the objective world, but it certainly changes your subjective world!

Here, lets say that right now we are all one with the all. Whether this is the quantum processes that create us or some mystical force, we are part of it, and it itself is absolutely everything. Whether the mind is aware of this or not changes nothing about the nature of the All, only the nature of how you act within it. One is fully capable of understanding and experiencing their place in the all ("union") and also embracing the perception of duality. This allows one both to experience unity as well as self initiation / deification / whatever.
You do understand that "the all" is a concept created by your subjective mind, correct? ;)

Premium Member
It might not change the nature of the objective world, but it certainly changes your subjective world!

Very good!

You do understand that "the all" is a concept created by your subjective mind, correct? ;)

I understand that I perceive it through my subjective mind, but that it certainly did not originate from my own mind.

crossfire

Premium Member
I understand that I perceive it through my subjective mind, but that it certainly did not originate from my own mind.
Ahh, so where does your conceptual thought originate, then?

crossfire

Premium Member

Ahh, so where does your conceptual thought originate, then?

I'm not sure what you're asking.
I see the problem here. You meant that the objective universe did not originate from your mind. I'm saying that the concept of "The All" did indeed originate in your mind.

Premium Member
I see the problem here. You meant that the objective universe did not originate from your mind. I'm saying that the concept of "The All" did indeed originate in your mind.

My interpretation yeah. It would simply be a lie to suggest I'm the original creator of the concept.

Premium Member
I think the reason is apathy and/or lack of resources. Remember, it was recently voted out of this DIR section.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. The name change poll won too actually.