• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the Bible 100% what God says?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another possible reason for believing the Bible is 100% correct is that by it's being a pattern to follow and the one who follows the pattern
follows it to the best of her ability she gets to confirm herself righteously inclined.
But the Bible says that faith is evident acts without proof.

Faith is the "evident demonstration of realities though not seen".

It seems as if the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that it is Jehovah's demonstrations that can be hoped for though not seen yet.

I think (oh no! down troll!) that it means doing the works of the Lord but not knowing that I am or am not.

They do works of the Bible to be seen doing works of the Bible. I don't do that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
YOU teach the children that God's Kingdom will one day caused to be murdered every soul which stands in opposition to it.

I teach that God's Kingdom will stand despite every nation against it. Daniel 2:44

Which one do you think is better for teaching the children of EARTH?

That there exists nothing that can fell God's Kingdom or that God's Kingdom will one day do what God tells us NOT to do?

Do you not know? Please guess.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a doctor makes one wrong diagnosis does that make all the right diagnoses he has made wrong?

Kelly of the Phoenix

I guess it would depend on how technical you wanted to get. As a nurse, yes, I'd be punished and lose my license if I royally screwed up. However, if I am following the doctor's orders and the doctor screwed up ... okay, in all reality I'd probably still get blamed because I should've caught it. Nurses are expected to tell the doctors when they did something stupid, LOL. However, I am kinda sorta working under the doctor's license as well, just as nurses' aides work under mine.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Many people believe about the modern Bible, which is in a language that it was not written, that it is what God has really spoken.

I am not asking how, but why.

I understand God could have done it. I want to know what people say about why God did it.

Please and thank you.
If it's not 100% what God says, then why bother? How would we know when it's not "God's Word"? The problem is... does it sound like 100% God's Word? For me, no. Yet, millions of people get so much out of it. They feel saved. They get healed. They have a peace and comfort knowing that God loves them. But, don't people that believe in other religions and other books have those same feelings? I'll betcha they do. So is it the truth in the book or the belief that the book is the truth? But the percentage that bothers me is... how many people believe in their book enough to follow it 100%? Since not very many seem to, I'd say most don't really believe their book is 100% the Word of God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it's not 100% what God says, then why bother? How would we know when it's not "God's Word"? The problem is... does it sound like 100% God's Word? For me, no. Yet, millions of people get so much out of it. They feel saved. They get healed. They have a peace and comfort knowing that God loves them. But, don't people that believe in other religions and other books have those same feelings? I'll betcha they do. So is it the truth in the book or the belief that the book is the truth? But the percentage that bothers me is... how many people believe in their book enough to follow it 100%? Since not very many seem to, I'd say most don't really believe their book is 100% the Word of God.
I know for certain that eight million (Jehovah's Witnesses) and one evangelical Christian (@katiemygirl) believe it is one hundred percent. I think that might be enough to turn the tide one way or the other.

They believe they are turning the tide for good. I don't believe that.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I know for certain that eight million (Jehovah's Witnesses) and one evangelical Christian (@katiemygirl) believe it is one hundred percent. I think that might be enough to turn the tide one way or the other.

They believe they are turning the tide for good. I don't believe that.
Not only do we have to deal with people that believe their Scripture 100%, but we have to deal with the people that believe their interpretation of their Scriptures 100%. So with the Bible, we have Jews that believe their Bible 100%. We have Catholics that believe they have a direct line back to the Apostles. We have various Protestant groups that think the Bible is 100% God's Word. But they disagree with another group that believes slightly differently, or even a lot differently, yet both can say that the Bible is 100% God's Word. Like so many of us have said, it was written by people and it's interpreted by people. What are the chances it's 100% anything?

You know, some of the nicest, most helpful people I've ever met were religious people. But they came from different religions and different sects or denominations. I doubt if any of them necessarily believed 100% in their Scripture. But they did believe in was doing good and treating others with love and respect. I wonder if those that get too bogged down with the "letter" of their Scriptures kind of miss the whole point sometimes? That is if loving thy neighbor is the main point. I realize for them the whole point is to know and believe in the right thing in the right way. But really, what difference does it make if the Earth is 6000 years old or if there really was a global flood? Especially, if all they do is sit in Church every Sunday and pat each other on the back and say how great it is to "know the truth".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
they did believe in was doing good and treating others with love and respect.
The point I am trying to make is that it isn't love to misrepresent someone. How would a person feel if he wrote a serious message but someone changed it and instead of taking note of the important message all people took note of the changed message? He would NOT feel love and respected. AND the same book that they say must be 100% accurate even says that, "He is not God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive". What does it mean?

I wonder if those that get too bogged down with the "letter" of their Scriptures kind of miss the whole point sometimes? That is if loving thy neighbor is the main point. I realize for them the whole point is to know and believe in the right thing in the right way. But really, what difference does it make if the Earth is 6000 years old or if there really was a global flood? Especially, if all they do is sit in Church every Sunday and pat each other on the back and say how great it is to "know the truth".
Can we love dead people who are alive to Jehovah? Do not hang on words in their names that they did not write. But then, what are we to believe? I think that believing that a book can save you should be discontinued. Is it wise to trust in just anyone's words?

They are not trusting in my words. That is ok. But they are trusting in words that are not God's words which were spoken by someone else. They are putting someone who would tamper with the words of The Almighty GOD ahead of me. The reason is that they think it is I who tamper with them. Is that not ridiculous?

No, I do not claim to have God's words. But, is it not obvious that I am smarter than you respecting what makes sense and what doesn't?

I see only two options here. One is to drop the charade you who believe in every word spoken by people you have never met and leave the words of God alone or begin to obey the living God and ASK God what it means.

If you do that, and God answers you, please get back to me about that, just as a friendly gesture.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A person will go to where his words lead him. Believers want to go where their God is so the writers of God's words are going there. But if you have changed their words, you are not going there. If it were possible for someone believing in changed words to get to the place of truth, and you met the people responsible for writing God's will and truth, what would you say to them? Do you never hope that they will be ok with you? I think the world is making it very, very hard for them to forgive you for changing their words to fit your own agenda.

But, don't worry about it. You should never never them.

A message from outer space? LOL I mean that you should never meet them.

Last edited: