• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Hinduism Hardly discussed in this forum?

Pleroma

philalethist
Your claim I ignored you explenation is false. I never addressed the issue after that was posted. I will consider your 33 God's as the correct number. However there are very commonly accessed sites that say the 330 million is the case. They may be wrong but it is hard to fault a non Hindu for not knowing those sites are wrong. Especially when other Hindu's did not object when I posted that, and world class scholars like Ravi suggest it is the case. I do not think you were offended by my posts but for anyone who was you might find the non debate threads more to your likeing if you find any claim that you do not agree with as offensive.

If you know the ontology of Gods in the Vedas then you would be surprised to find that one cannot give an accurate number as to how many gods indeed exists. "Koti" means countless or infinite and that's true because who knows how many individual rays or individual lustre exists in the whole mass of lustre or rays from the pleroma? :shrug:

The Vedas are a never ending exploration into the divine.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
His parents were Hindu priests

Ravi Zacharias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Biography
[edit] Early life

Zacharias was born in Madras, India. Zacharias claims descent from a woman of the Nambudiri Brahmin caste and a low caste Boatman.[7] Swiss German missionaries spoke to one of his ancestors about Christianity and his family was converted. Zacharias grew up in a nominal Anglican household,[7]

Your fallacies are past the point of annoying me.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Ravi Zacharias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your fallacies are past the point of annoying me.
I guess Ravi has now become the subject. You are right his parents were not priests. That was my fault. Apparently someone in his immediate ancestry was and I mistakenly thought it to be his parents. How does this affect anything?

Ravi Zacharias (full name Frederick Antony Ravi Kumar Zacharias, born 1946) is an Indian-born, and evangelist. Zacharias is a descendant of two rich religious traditions, first Hindu priests (of the Nambudiri Brahmin caste), and later as Christian ministers. In one of his lectures, Zacharias asserts that a Swiss-German priest spoke to one of his ancestors about Christianity, and thereafter that branch of the family was converted and the family name was changed from Nambudiri to Zacharias
Atheisms Nightmare Ravi Zacharias « Atheist-Fools.com

Surya Deva

This thread is priceless, I think this thread and my thread "Fallacy of Hinduism" very much go hand in had. While the fallacy of Hinduism exposes the problem of 'Hinduism' by showing its status as a religion is purely fallacious and there is no single comprehensive set of doctrines, beliefs and practices; this thread demonstrates exactly that. Look here, how no Hindus posting here can give a single definitive and comprehensive answer on anything and how they are constantly differing with one another. One just told you earlier Hinduism believes in one God, and another just recently has said Hinduism is polytheistic. How can A AND not A be true? Hindus pass of this obvious logical contradiction as "diversity" and then wonder why their religion is not taken seriously....

I mean come on, I implore all Hindus to ask themselves: How can somebody take a religion seriously, where both the atheist, theist, pantheist, polytheist, dualist, non-dualist, animist, shamannist, ancestor worshiper, worshiper of any one of 330 million gods are all right? I have to laugh when some Hindus try to white wash the whole issue and pretend that all of these different philosophies and belief systems are aspects of the unified religion of Hinduism :facepalm: It's like calling schizophrenia coherent thinking!

Come my my fellow Hindu friends, why do you insist on maintaining this really bad early 19th century classification by the British, when it is obviously extremely problematic and is creating so many issues and is fostering condescending, offensive and insulting attitudes from non-Hindu people. Lets not pretend these attitudes do not exist, for some posters in this thread themselves have honestly spoken about what they think of Hinduism, even otherwise a great intelligent man like Winston Churchill thought very badly about Hinduism, he said "I hate Hindus, they are a beastly people with a beastly religion" I am not all supporting Churchill's obviously racist opinion on Hindus, but try to understand why people would form such concepts about Hinduism. I will give you some reasons:

1. Worshiping 330 million gods(all gods) in thousands of temples, with each village having their own local deities. This is the religion of primitive humans. It is something that later religious thought reformed against.
2. Caste system: Considering humans to be born unequal and holding them to different standards of conduct and giving them different privileges. If you are born an untouchable then you are pretty much condemned for your entire life, for even if your shadow were to fall on others it would be considering polluting.
3. Widow burning and ostracization: Issues like this are highlighted by free thinking Indian activists themselves like Deepa Mehta in her highly critically acclaimed film "Water"
4. Ritual bathing and drinking from highly toxic waters, containing all kinds of disease producing bacteria and viruses, as well feces, sewage, dead bodies
5. Animal and human sacrifices, including child sacrifices by Shaiva and Shakta(tantra) cults to appease Kali.
6. Worshiping rats, snakes, monkeys, elephants and even building temples to them

Yes, yes, I know, before Hindus start telling me how I have only highlighted the bad areas of Hinduism and said nothing about the good areas, I will say yes I know Hinduism has a very beautiful area such as its highly rational and enlightened philosophical tradition, the highly scientific achievements of Hindu mathematicians, grammarians/linguists, astronomers, logicians, poets, dramatists, the brilliant architecture, arts and a glorious history where Hindus once were the richest, most literate and advanced civilization on Earth. Credit is due where credit is due and Hinduism deserves all credit for this.

But the BAD areas are VERY VERY BAD. They should not be tolerated as a part of Hinduism. The trouble is as Hinduism is catch all label it has to include them too. You can't just talk about the ethical and humanist Hindu doctrines of all humanity being one family, vegetarianism and non violence(ahimsa) and then ignore evils and primitive aspects like caste system, widow burning, bathing and drinking from toxic water, worshiping millions of gods, and animal and human sacrifices. That is called selective reading or selecting quoting.

So Hindus if you want to keep your label of the religion of 'Hinduism' then you are going to have to accept these evils are just equally valid parts of Hinduism, and as long as these parts are a part of Hinduism, non-Hindus are going to look down on Hinduism. But I have two possible solution to the problem and my solution will work:

1) Get rid of 'Hinduism' as a monolithic label for your religion. Instead use the actual label of your so-called sect, which is no sect at all, it is a separate religion(Vaishnavism, Shivaism, Shaktism, Smartism, Vedanta, Purva Mimasa) Then you will be able to answer all the important questions which define a religion(the questions I outlined in my last post) Yes, this in this approach I call for partition of these disparate religions. Something Indian Hindus will not accept because their ethnic identity is strongly tied with "Hinduism

2) Reform Hinduism, in the same way Christianity reforms Judaism. In Christianity Judaism is called the OT, and Christianity is called the NT. It recognizes its continuity fro the OT mother religion, but it recognizes that as old law and NT as new law. Exactly the same doctrine is present in Hinduism where the old Vedic mother relgiion is called Purva Mimassa(old tradition) and the new enlightened religion of Vedanta is called "Uttra Mimassa(new tradition) So treat Vedanta as Hinduism(As Swami Vivekananda any many modern Hindus did) This includes the entire Jnana tadition(Darsanas) This is your Sruti - this is your canon of revealed texts. You can answer all the questions I outlined earlier. If you really are the Vedic religion, than accept Vedanta as your religion.

Treat Smriti as exactly as it should be treated, it is non-revealed, non-canonical, man-made and now irrelevant in modern times. Treat the Puranas as an interesting book of myths, allegories, symbols and stories - but don't treat them as religion. Get rid of Puranic Hinduism, Vaishnavism, Shiavism, Shaktism and Smartism. It is not Vedanta. Get rid of Dvaita, Visesadvaita, Bhedabheda. It is not Vedanta. Like other religions have reformed their religion like Islam has though abrogation, removing of some no longer relevant verses in the Quran, Hindus need to get rid of Puranic Hinduism altogether. It is Puranic Hinduism which is behind all the problems of Hinduism.

But are Hindus going to do that? No, because from what I have seen so far is Hindus are extremely stubborn and set in their ways - they don't even want to change the rituals like bathing in toxic Ganga water. I spoke to somebody on this forum who has a Phd in Ganga and Public health, she personally admitted to me she has seen all the stats and knows about what kinds of bacteria and viruses are in the Ganga in detail, but she still thinks the faith of people makes the river holy :facepalm: Another poster, told me that the scientists have proven that the Gangawater has special powers :facepalm:

The Manusmriti from where the tradition of the caste system, untouchables come from and maltreatment of widows has been supported by several Hindus on this forum alone and one of them has even used to support the doctrine that homosexuals should be punished :facepalm:

I tell inconvenient truths, but it is better these truths come from internal criticism than external criticism.

Last edited:

Shuddhasattva

Whiny wall of text accomplishes nothing but putting a bit more wear on the collective scrollwheel of Hindus reading this thread.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess Ravi has now become the subject.

You opened the door.

It affects it enormously because 1. you called him a former Hindu and 2. one of history's greatest philosophers.

1. False.
2. You're kidding, right?

Pleroma

philalethist
This thread is priceless, I think this thread and my thread "Fallacy of Hinduism" very much go hand in had. While the fallacy of Hinduism exposes the problem of 'Hinduism' by showing its status as a religion is purely fallacious and there is no single comprehensive set of doctrines, beliefs and practices; this thread demonstrates exactly that. Look here, how no Hindus posting here can give a single definitive and comprehensive answer on anything and how they are constantly differing with one another. One just told you earlier Hinduism believes in one God, and another just recently has said Hinduism is polytheistic. How can A AND not A be true? Hindus pass of this obvious logical contradiction as "diversity" and then wonder why their religion is not taken seriously....

Both A and not A are indeed true. Hinduism is both monotheistic as well as polytheistic, I accept Jainarayan's views too provided he doesn't discard that these individual gods do exist and one can worship them in a polytheistic way individually and also as holistically in a single form. This is Hinduism, we are pluralistic and we don't have any contradictions with each other.

Your personal incredulity in understanding Hinduism have no basis in reality.

Surya Deva

Whiny wall of text accomplishes nothing but putting a bit more wear on the collective scrollwheel of Hindus reading this thread.

A typical response from another Hindu. Ignore all criticisms, white wash the whole issues and pretend were all one unified, peaceful and tolerant people singing loving hymns around the campfire.

Like I said, it is better the criticism comes from internally than externally. Do you think non-Hindus reading thread cannot see how you are ignoring my very legitimate criticisms, the same criticisms raised by many outspoken intellectuals and human rights organizations?

You will not be able to stop people from making criticism of Hinduism. Hindu fundamentalists tried by stopping Deepa Metha from making her film "Water" but they failed in the end, because the secular democracy of India entitles her to the criticism.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This thread is somewhat entertaining, and worthy of kudos to the OP, who most likely knew or suspected a can of worms would be opened. The original debate or question has been long lost. Very effective trolling, I would say. But from an observational seat at the back of the house, it boils down to little more than.
"I'm right and you're wrong."
"No, that's not right. I'm right and you're wrong."
"I told you A was right and B was wrong."
"No. No! It was B that was right and A was wrong."
"No. You're all wrong, and I'm right."

But I'll watch for awhile longer until it gets even more boring. Editted to add: Wow, indeed. She only made one post to get things rolling. Quite amazing. I wish I could catch that many fish with one weak gasp of the old motorboat.

Last edited:

Shuddhasattva

Ignore all criticisms, white wash the whole issues and pretend were all one unified, peaceful and tolerant people singing loving hymns around the campfire.

Right, because taking exception to an attempt to dismantle the remaining vestiges of Hindu unity is whitewashing. Puh-leez. There are many things I disagree with in Hinduism - and moreso, Hindu culture which purports to justify its excesses and abuses with Hinduism, which is historically the main catalyst behind distortions in Hinduism itself - and work actively to bring about their end. Thanks for the strawman though.

By all means, bring up these criticisms, and do try to think about how to make them more than just criticisms. But let's not conflate issues when it's convenient to distract from the topic.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You opened the door.

It affects it enormously because 1. you called him a former Hindu and 2. one of history's greatest philosophers.

1. False.
2. You're kidding, right?
He is a great philosopher. I thought he was a former Hindu. He is definately considered a scholar on with the subject. What does this have to do with 33 or 330 million God's or what someone found offensive or not? Me thinks this is diversionary tactic 101. What about the terrible oppressive caste system. Does Hinduism deny this or admit it or are the two seperate issues?

Shuddhasattva

Diversionary tactic? To divert from what, exactly? We settled very clearly for you that there are 33 gods, and what their ontological role is viz. the supreme spirit of god.

By the way, do you feel that [insert prominent pseudo-academic critic of Christianity] is a great scholar on Christianity? Because that's essentially what you're telling us. I doubt any Hindus regard this guy as a scholar of Hinduism, or anything more than an apologist hack and evolution-denier.

Last edited:

Shuddhasattva

What about the terrible oppressive caste system.

Varna is, simply put, the naturally arising division of labor deified as parts of purusha - the cosmic entity as manifest in human society.

The deification process in Hinduism is a question of attitude; regarding the variously arising objects and events in worldly experience as reflections of the divine awareness, and thus experiencing reverence, adoration and worship as a constant state of mind.

You have to understand that from this way of looking at things, perceiving anything as separate from God, or failing to observe God in any thing, is the real idolatry.

Thus, the brahmins are god's voice made manifest in society, the ksatriyas are the hand of god, etc.

Anyway, unquestionably the caste system is a major problem in Hindu society. But is it a problem in Hinduism itself? Yes and no.

The elite power structures - political and religious - sought to use religious beliefs to justify their grip on power. In doing so, they willfully reinterpreted the passages regarding varna - the division of labor, making varna to be by jati - birth, ingraining this into Hindu society over thousands of years.

However, if we look at old Vedic societies archaeologically we generally see in communities houses of relatively uniform size - much moreso than in other areas.

Our religion tells us that this is an age of universal corruption marked by the counterfeiting of the castes - ie, the rulers are counterfeit rulers, the priests are counterfeit priests, by and large.

These counterfeit powers also twisted Hinduism itself as Hinduism morphed and spawned many more texts beyond the root texts (the Vedas), particularly the puranas and "dharma smritis," which are heavily biased and interpolated productions often containing varna-by-jati reinforcements and injunctions regarding caste conduct.

This is a blot on Hinduism, and we are now in the process of cleaning it up.

But caste plays itself out far more socially than religiously, especially in modern times. When Hinduism exports itself, you'll never see varna-by-jati followed as a doctrine. It's a Hindu cultural thing first and foremost.

By way of counterpoint, do you deny that there are serious social stratification issues with Christianity, and Christian society past and present? Or any number of other "terribly oppressive" aspects of Christianity and Christendom, past and present - the present reality being a reason many of us convert to Hinduism.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
He is a great philosopher.

He's an evangelical fundamentalist Christian.

He is definately considered a scholar on with the subject.

By fundamentalist Christians, perhaps. Wendy Doniger has far more credentials in Sanskrit and Indology, and she's routinely crucified (pardon the expression) by Hindus.

What does this have to do with 33 or 330 million God's or what someone found offensive or not? Me thinks this is diversionary tactic 101. What about the terrible oppressive caste system. Does Hinduism deny this or admit it or are the two seperate issues?

I'm not going to get into this 33 v. 330 million silliness again. It's already been established that most Hindus INCLUDING ME (because you wanted to hear that) do not accept 330 million gods, OK?

The caste system is not Hinduism. It was cultural, and it is illegal. And yes, it's still practiced, but there are illegal things practiced in the US also.

shivadas

Hinduism doesnt exist... The word Hindu is a Persian name for Indians...
the Idea that Hinduism is one religion is laughable...
Hinduism as it is known today is a collection of religions that often get thrown in together, mainly because they share the same deities...
the main types of "Hinduism" are
Sanatanna Dharma/Brahmanism
Yoga
Tantra
philisophical Vedanta (like advaita vedanta)
spiritism (appeasing nature spirits and such)

The idea of Hindu unity, i think came from the Vedas that all Gods are really the one true God...
with this in mind, even if they disaggree with each other, a Tantika sadhu and a Hare Krishna swami can manage to co-exist even worshiping the same deity at the same temples

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What does this have to do with 33 or 330 million God's or what someone found offensive or not? Me thinks this is diversionary tactic 101.
We already explained that; I know for a fact as even I put in something, which was quite detailed. Which you ignored. :rolleyes:

What about the terrible oppressive caste system. Does Hinduism deny this or admit it or are the two seperate issues?
Modern caste =/= Hindu, but an Indian cultural practise.

Regarding birth caste:

कारुरहं ततो भिषगुपलप्रक्षिणी नना |
kārurahaṃ tato bhiṣaghupalaprakṣiṇī nanā |

I am a bard, my father is a physician, my mother's job is to grind the corn. -
Ṛg Veda 9.112.3​

So, it's not birth-based. Varṇa (spiritual inclination) is not jāti (birth-caste). The latter is a corruption of the former. History shows caste was not by birth and rigid like it later became:

• Matanga was son of Chandal but became a Brahmin.
  • Trishanku was a king but became a Chandal
  • The sons of Vishwamitra became Śudra
  • Vishwamitra was a Kṣatriya who became a Brahmin

A few facts for you:

• Fact: There are four varṇas. Untouchability is not a part of Hinduism but a corruption, so it cannot be blamed on Hinduism.
  • Fact: The four varṇas were not based on birth. Jāti birth caste is not the correct interpretation of the four varṇas, casteism cannot be blamed on Hindus.
  • Fact: Caste system is not Hinduism. Caste is an Indian-cultural thing. Many non-Hindus observe caste-discrimination, including Christians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Sikhs and so on. This is the case even when their religion prohibits such things.
  • Fact: People could, in times past, change their profession. A Śūdra could become a Brāhmaṇa and vice-versa. Rig Veda 9.112.3: I am a bard, my father is a physician, my mother's job is to grind the corn.
  • Fact: Varṇas are based on inclinations, not on parents.
  • Fact: There are also many, many, many Hindu groups who do not observe caste. The "Hare Krishnas" are a prime example. There have been many reform Hindus.
  • Fact: Non-Hindu areas follow castes. In Sri Lanka, though, there is also some caste system still - despite it being a Buddhist majority country. India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bali all have some caste systems (no Dalits exist in Bali even in the past). Japan and Korea all had some forms of caste system, with untouchables called as Burakumin ("Eta"), and Baekjong respectively. China sort of had one too in the Yuan Dynasty, and the Yi people of China had a caste system, and slaves, until 1959. There were other caste systems spread throughout the world, as well, as far afield as Hawai'i and Africa respectively.
  • Fact: Many of these countries have never had Hindu influence, so it cannot be blamed on Hinduism, but human nature.

These people have tried to combat birth-caste discrimination, many of whom lived as or were born as Hindus:

• AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
  • Ambedkar
  • Basava
  • Caitanya
  • Dnyaneshwar
  • Eknath
  • Guru Nanak to Guru Gobind Singh
  • Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
  • Mannathu Padmanabhan
  • Nandanar
  • Narayana Guru
  • Paramahansa Yogananda
  • Raja Ram Mohan Roy
  • Ramananda
  • Ramanuja
  • Ravidass
  • Sathya Sai Baba
  • Sri Aurobindo
  • Swami Dayananda Saraswati
  • Swami Sathyananda Saraswathi
  • Swami Vivekananda
  • Tukaram

And this is only some of the more well known ones.

So, that about wraps up the caste whine for you, once and for all. :p

shivadas

Also just as my teacher told me, the caste system is a corruption of truth commited by the priests....
However the four dharmas exist and all people are born inclined towards one of the four lifestyles. they are all equal, and are not hereditary, but random...

the four dharmas being
servents- manual workers
craftsmen- artists
kings- warriors, cops, polititions
priests- saints, sadhus, and holy men..

you will enevitably be drawn to one of these lifestyles/attitudes

the heredity thing really mest stuff up,
because now were getting the sons of priests becoming priests when it really isnt there Dharma....

Shuddhasattva

Hinduism doesnt exist... The word Hindu is a Persian name for Indians...

One that we've embraced, and use for ourselves all over India. Persians were after all our cultural and religious brothers - it was like seeing ourselves in a mirror.
the Idea that Hinduism is one religion is laughable...

To those addicted to division, maybe. May your scorn be an oblation in our fire.

Hinduism as it is known today is a collection of religions that often get thrown in together, mainly because they share the same deities...

Actually, our biggest divisions occur because we worship different gods, but drawn from the same sources, with much the same concepts, and with a history of fruitful, synergistic differences and cross-pollenization.

Sanatanna Dharma/Brahmanism

Brahmanism is basically dead as such outside of shrauta communities. There are still brahmins who get paid (lol, daksina) to prattle the ved by rote to mark material events - family ceremonies and such, but this is hardly Vedic Brahmanism.

And Sanatana Dharma is a universal word we ascribe to the eternal truth/law behind the cultural manifestations.

Merged into vedanta, the main stream of Hinduism which everything else either belongs to, or is strongly influenced by.

Incorporates yoga and preserves the inner core of the Vedas - the system of deity-mandalas and antaryajna. Also very much part of vedanta / influenced by vedanta.

philisophical Vedanta (like advaita vedanta)

Which doesn't much exist outside of how a few people interpret a few books, at least as I am reading your use of the notion.

spiritism (appeasing nature spirits and such)

Often completely misunderstood as primitive by sneering Western outlooks, mostly a tribalistic reversion of the Vedic religion.

with this in mind, even if they disaggree with each other, a Tantika sadhu and a Hare Krishna swami can manage to co-exist even worshiping the same deity at the same temples

Well, I don't know about a Hare Krishna swami being open to such coexistence, but perhaps a Gaudiya Vaishnava swami - but the point being; you don't see a Hindu unity here?

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
We already explained that; I know for a fact as even I put in something, which was quite detailed. Which you ignored.
You Hindus sure are sensitive and hostile. I said what does Ravi Zacharias's parents status have to do with how many God's there are. I am very well aware that how many Gods you believe in has been posted. I have even posted that I accept those numbers twice so far. Who is ignoring who here?

Modern caste =/= Hindu, but an Indian cultural practise.

Regarding birth caste:
कारुरहं ततो भिषगुपलप्रक्षिणी नना |
kārurahaṃ tato bhiṣaghupalaprakṣiṇī nanā |

I am a bard, my father is a physician, my mother's job is to grind the corn. -
Ṛg Veda 9.112.3
So, it's not birth-based. Varṇa (spiritual inclination) is not jāti (birth-caste). The latter is a corruption of the former. History shows caste was not by birth and rigid like it later became:

• Matanga was son of Chandal but became a Brahmin.
  • Trishanku was a king but became a Chandal
  • The sons of Vishwamitra became Śudra
  • Vishwamitra was a Kṣatriya who became a Brahmin
A few facts for you:

• Fact: There are four varṇas. Untouchability is not a part of Hinduism but a corruption, so it cannot be blamed on Hinduism.
  • Fact: The four varṇas were not based on birth. Jāti birth caste is not the correct interpretation of the four varṇas, casteism cannot be blamed on Hindus.
  • Fact: Caste system is not Hinduism. Caste is an Indian-cultural thing. Many non-Hindus observe caste-discrimination, including Christians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Sikhs and so on. This is the case even when their religion prohibits such things.
  • Fact: People could, in times past, change their profession. A Śūdra could become a Brāhmaṇa and vice-versa. Rig Veda 9.112.3: I am a bard, my father is a physician, my mother's job is to grind the corn.
  • Fact: Varṇas are based on inclinations, not on parents.
  • Fact: There are also many, many, many Hindu groups who do not observe caste. The "Hare Krishnas" are a prime example. There have been many reform Hindus.
  • Fact: Non-Hindu areas follow castes. In Sri Lanka, though, there is also some caste system still - despite it being a Buddhist majority country. India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bali all have some caste systems (no Dalits exist in Bali even in the past). Japan and Korea all had some forms of caste system, with untouchables called as Burakumin ("Eta"), and Baekjong respectively. China sort of had one too in the Yuan Dynasty, and the Yi people of China had a caste system, and slaves, until 1959. There were other caste systems spread throughout the world, as well, as far afield as Hawai'i and Africa respectively.
  • Fact: Many of these countries have never had Hindu influence, so it cannot be blamed on Hinduism, but human nature.
These people have tried to combat birth-caste discrimination, many of whom lived as or were born as Hindus:

• AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
  • Ambedkar
  • Basava
  • Caitanya
  • Dnyaneshwar
  • Eknath
  • Guru Nanak to Guru Gobind Singh
  • Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
  • Mannathu Padmanabhan
  • Nandanar
  • Narayana Guru
  • Paramahansa Yogananda
  • Raja Ram Mohan Roy
  • Ramananda
  • Ramanuja
  • Ravidass
  • Sathya Sai Baba
  • Sri Aurobindo
  • Swami Dayananda Saraswati
  • Swami Sathyananda Saraswathi
  • Swami Vivekananda
  • Tukaram
And this is only some of the more well known ones.
There is no need to get this technical for me. I conceed that you know more about your faith than I do. You could have simply said that it does not exist in the teachings of Hinduism.

So, that about wraps up the caste whine for you, once and for all. :p
If you guys keep being so hostile and sarcastic after complaining of such when it doesn'y exist, I am going to seriously debate you. I mentioned caste a single time and would have taken whatever you said as fact. I was just curious.