• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is God so stuck on belief?

waitasec

Veteran Member

In this case, it means more easily understandable and FAR less prone to misinterpretation! And therefore containing MUCH less vagueness and ambiguity.

As I said, do read them yourself and see!

Best! :)

Bruce

nonetheless it is still subjective...

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Only that modern scripture has newer metaphors and clearer descriptions of God and other aspects of spiriutality and religion than the millenia-old ones in various longstanding scriptures.

I invite you to read these new ones yourself (at the sites I mentioned) and see! :)

Peace,

Bruce
Although, to be fair, a proper use of scholastic commentaries and theological treatments do help to make the ancient texts clear and understandable.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That's not the fault of the texts, though.

i disagree. it is the nature of these texts that make it so ambiguous...
one would have to dedicate a good portion of their lives into studying these ancient writings, right? if one was truly interested in it, as you are, and i to some degree, it's easier but for those who have other aspirations it's not so easy...

Paraprakrti

Custom User
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act 16:31 - And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Now that I have gotten the Biblical proof out of the way I have to wonder. Why does this God being seem to request belief in him? Does he not know he exists? Does he need to be reaffirmed that he exists?

I can't quite figure out why any being would need people to believe he exists so badly whilst giving no evidence for his existence.

Is their anyone else out their that may feel like they need to have people they have never exposed themselves to believe in them? Do you feel like someone in Africa should just believe in you? If they didn't know who you were, because you never showed yourself to them, would you be offended? Wouldn't that seem rather silly?

For me it not only seems silly it seems rather childish for such a God to behave in this manner.

This is one of the many reasons why I can't believe in God.

Well, what if belief in God (i.e. being God conscious) is the original, natural state of the soul and, thus, God promotes it because that will bring us to our perfected, blissful state?

"This is one of the many reasons why I can't believe in God."

maybe because if what he is saying is true and it affects us in such a great way, we ought to beleive he is.
If we beleive what he says we may act upon what he says.

If what he says are the words of life, we ought to beleive them.

waitasec

Veteran Member
"This is one of the many reasons why I can't believe in God."

maybe because if what he is saying is true and it affects us in such a great way, we ought to beleive he is.
If we beleive what he says we may act upon what he says.

If what he says are the words of life, we ought to beleive them.
nonetheless,
For me it not only seems silly it seems rather childish for such a God to behave in this manner.