• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't believe that God could be incarnated in a man

TommyN said:
God is Spirit therefore He has no body. Jesus said I speak and do nothing of my own initiative but what I hear the Father say I say and what I see the Father do I do also. In this way Jesus was God he was one with God just as we also can be one with our Father. Jesus explains this in the gospel of John 10:31-38 Then the Judeans took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father for which of those works do you stone me?" the Judeans answered him, saying "for good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy, and because you being a man, make yourself God." (now Jesus explains what he is saying) Jesus answered them, " Is it not written in the law (This refers to psalms 82:6) I said, " You are gods (Elohim is the hebrew word for God and it is plural)"? If He called them gods (Elohim), to whom the word of God (Elohim) came (and scripture cannot be broken), do you say to him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,' You blaspheming,' because I said, ' I am the Son of God (Ben Elohim)? If I do not the works of my Father, do not believe me; but if I do, though you do not believe in me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in Him" . Also read all of chapter 14 of the gospel of John. Jesus was sealed with the Truth just as we can also be sealed. Jesus was our example of how to relate to your's and my Father. Jesus said to Mary Magdalene after his resurrection "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' " (John 20:17) Jesus's Father is our Father and Jesus's God is our God.

Be blessed
Shalom
:eek:m: Be blessed also my brother, but you are talking from a christian standpoint which does not accept many things that this particular discussion is about, therefore your opinion would be bais and not productive for this convo, we know who the father is jesus pointed that out, and the father himself pointed it out 5500 years ago as lord bhagavan shri krsna and the shrimad bhagavd gita.:meditate:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Further to my previous post -

There is no place in the world where God is not. In the "Sphota" thread started by doppelganger, I was stating that God is full/perfect/whole. Similarly, all of creation is whole. What comes out of the whole is whole. When the whole is taken out from the whole, it still remains whole. This is stated in the Vedas.

God is within us and we are within him/her. Even the Bible says that we are created in the image and likeness of God. So if we are manifestations of God, in the same manner, an avatar or incarnation/manifestation of God is possible. It does not mean that God becomes limited to that manifestation; God remains omnipresent.

We are all manifestations/incarnations of God. An Avatar is a more potent manifestation.

TommyN

Well its true that we are not in charge. The self is a fragmented by time mind. It tries to understand all things but still ends up fragmented. Religion was born from this type of mind but the Truth is the real. He has brought all things about to teach us of Himself even evil. Darkness (time) He created and uses to emphasize the Truth which is Life which is God. My friend I am not a christian but a Son of the Most High.

TommyN said:
Well its true that we are not in charge. The self is a fragmented by time mind. It tries to understand all things but still ends up fragmented. Religion was born from this type of mind but the Truth is the real. He has brought all things about to teach us of Himself even evil. Darkness (time) He created and uses to emphasize the Truth which is Life which is God. My friend I am not a christian but a Son of the Most High.
And as long as you understand that process you are on your way my dear.........us being both sons of the most high indeed.