• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why I choose not identify my religious stance using the word "atheist"

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
*mod post*Just a reminder that this thread is in a discussion section, not a debate section.*mod post*

Heyo

Veteran Member
It’s an emotional response that theists tend to make. Look at how far into the weeds @PureX has gone to sabotage and misrepresent what I said. He is notoriously biased towards atheists.

That is a measure atheists have to take when dealing with the bias of theists, as they are tempted to ho off on irrelevant tangents based on the assumption that atheists are evil, bad, immoral, etc.

It could be. But atheists trying to be heard accurately with an intention to make some progress as citizens deserving of respect has to use any words that avoid inherent bias in the words Atheist or atheism.

Jonathan Miller made a great case for alternative words.
*mod post*Just a reminder that this thread is in a discussion section, not a debate section.*mod post*
No argument, but an expression of my feelings about bovine manure words:

F1fan

Veteran Member
No argument, but an expression of my feelings about bovine manure words:

Excellent. And no argument. But not quite the same thing. Actually I suggest it is the opposite of what Carlin is saying. I’m offering a more precise word that offsets the confusion of the common word.

Last edited: