• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why has humanity gotten so far ahead

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
this was my thought as well.

It's a fair observation given prevailing cultural mythologies. Those happen to be mythologies I disagree with for one reason or another. I have no problem with folks claiming humans are "ahead" provided it's recognized that this is a value judgement and more of a teleological-religious statement (aka, it is not supported by evolutionary sciences). But I also like folks to be aware of the lenses through which they see the world, which is probably an unfair and unrealistic expectation on my part.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It doesn't make sense.

There are species that have been here longer than we have and over the course of 4 billion years no other species came close to human intelligence.

A lot of times people tell me it is because humans get in the way, but that doesn't explain why there wasn't any in the time period before humans - it only took us 200,000 years, and what about the 3 billion-something previous to that? Plenty of time.
We don't know that there weren't any before.

Theweirdtophat

I know in "The 12th Plant" that book made by Sitchen explains that the Annunaki from the Sumerian Pantheon are aliens who came here in search of gold and basically added their DNA with the "Original Human" which was shaggy all over, had head hair much like a lion's and had different hind and fore parts as well.

For some reason a lot of people dismiss this author's work but it actually does make quite a bit of sense and explains why Humans have become so far ahead. Otherwise with evolution you'd think snakes birds and other nimals older than us would have evolved to the point of obtaining lots of intelligence but The Aunnunak ki jumped the gun on evolution and just sped up the process for us. I'd read that book if you get a chance, too.

Last edited:

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
It doesn't make sense.

There are species that have been here longer than we have and over the course of 4 billion years no other species came close to human intelligence.

A lot of times people tell me it is because humans get in the way, but that doesn't explain why there wasn't any in the time period before humans - it only took us 200,000 years, and what about the 3 billion-something previous to that? Plenty of time.

No animal ever create fire, use electricity, organize resources to the same extent we do, don't use traps to catch prey, invent weapons, complex language (word per word), make light... List goes on

Animals never been even close to our intelligence. Who got the ball? The hairless monkeys that walk upright and suck at climbing.

We send signals into space, walk on the moon, split the atom, and sit in a shuttle that flies (airplanes); meanwhile animals sleep in the cold, on their toes for survival, getting injuries and have no hospital to care for it.

I'm just not understanding why... I wonder if, after our extinction, there'll be a species like us. If not, all of the information we gathered in humanity's lifespan is of no use.

I think the most significant aspect, rather than technological achievement in itself, is that we can know creation, explore, understand, appreciate it.. not only are we the only species in millions to do so on Earth, we can now listen to an entire galaxy and hear nothing but silence.

coincidence is always possible, but I think there are less staggeringly improbable explanations