• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't you 'sin'?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If you believe in Christ, you won't want to sin.

Of course no one wants to sin..But sometimes we want to do the things that are sinfull..Thats what temptation is..

Some sins at the time feel good..Its not "wanting to sin"..its wanting to feel good or get out of pain..

After all we are all sinners for some reason.I dont think for most of us its because we "want to be"...

Blessings

Dallas

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It sounded more like to me if we believe in Christ we wont be tempted.Because no one I know 'wants" to sin..[
To me, it's more a case of if we believe in Christ, we will be able to withstand temptation. I believe that Christians are constantly being tempted to sin. Some Christians apparently even think that sinning after one's conversion is no big deal since they're "already saved" and cannot lose their salvation. If I were Satan, I'd definitely use that to my advantage.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You know sometimes Christians are full of bull..

Ask all of them I mean ALL of them if they had premarital sex...I can GUARANTEE the majority did..BUT they will say.."thats before I was saved" or BUT I had "fallen away"..Of course..what else are they going to say..."but I did it anyway because it felt good at the time"!.or for any reason.NO>. ...***** foot around..and pretend you didnt actually chose to sin knowing you were sinning and at the time you didn't really want to.....

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
To me, it's more a case of if we believe in Christ, we will be able to withstand temptation. I believe that Christians are constantly being tempted to sin. Some Christians apparently even think that sinning after one's conversion is no big deal since they're "already saved" and cannot lose their salvation. If I were Satan, I'd definitely use that to my advantage.

We were posting at the same time I wasnt meaning you..

Blessings

Dallas

Captain Civic

version 2.0
Some Christians apparently even think that sinning after one's conversion is no big deal since they're "already saved" and cannot lose their salvation. If I were Satan, I'd definitely use that to my advantage.

I'm quite the opposite; I can feel very defeated if I know I've stuffed up badly. I mean, realising that and reconciling is part of it, but I think I get too far down. I think Satan uses that to his advantage too.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

And no I do not believe personally that being saved means I can sin and its no big deal.To the contrary ..I feel a burden and its not "light"..in fact its heavy sometimes.And its not Christ weighing me down either..

Blessings

Dallas

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm quite the opposite; I can feel very defeated if I know I've stuffed up badly. I mean, realising that and reconciling is part of it, but I think I get too far down. I think Satan uses that to his advantage too.
Oh, I'm sure he does. I don't believe Jesus wants us to be burdened by guilt. After all, we know that through Him all our sins can be forgiven. When we refuse to forgive ourselves when we mess up, we are in effect telling Him that we don't have faith that He's going to do what He promised us He'd do. Either extreme can be damaging for us and a real victory for Satan.

Captain Civic

version 2.0
Oh, I'm sure he does. I don't believe Jesus wants us to be burdened by guilt. After all, we know that through Him all our sins can be forgiven. When we refuse to forgive ourselves when we mess up, we are in effect telling Him that we don't have faith that He's going to do what He promised us He'd do. Either extreme can be damaging for us and a real victory for Satan.

It's funny though; even though I can recognise that later (and that's usually what snaps me out of it) those thoughts aren't to say He can't do it, it's more that I don't deserve it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's funny though; even though I can recognise that later (and that's usually what snaps me out of it) those thoughts aren't to say He can't do it, it's more that I don't deserve it.

Jesus thought you deserved it or He wouldnt have died for you.:)

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Remember Satan totally believes in Christ. So it does take more than belief. That's where faith comes in.:)

I really dont care what satan believes in..I watch him play his tricks and work his deeds all the time..if you dont ...turn on your local news..if you live in a small town watch cnn..or hey...go for a drive in the city..you will see satan.

And yes I have faith..I have faith me and everyone is going to die.But before we die we will suffer.Hopefully have glimpses of heaven on earth before that..I have..and I hope more to come..

Then I will go home.

Blessings

Dallas

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
I really dont care what satan believes in..I watch him play his tricks and work his deeds all the time..if you dont ...turn on your local news..if you live in a small town watch cnn..or hey...go for a drive in the city..you will see satan.

And yes I have faith..I have faith me and everyone is going to die.But before we die we will suffer.Hopefully have glimpses of heaven on earth before that..I have..and I hope more to come..

Then I will go home.

Blessings

Dallas
.. . Okay, didn't see that coming. Sorry.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Are you saying that if we sin (as Christians) we don't believe in Christ?
No. Belief is not predicated upon sin. I'm saying that as a response to the thought that "we can sin as much as we want to and we're OK." This kind of legalistic thought is the same that drove the lawyer to ask Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?" when Jesus said we should love our neighbor. What I'm saying is that, as Christians, our desire is to be near to God, not far from God. We don't desire to see how much we can "get away with." We desire to turn from ourselves toward the face of God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It sounded more like to me if we believe in Christ we wont be tempted.Because no one I know 'wants" to sin..

Blessings

Dallas
That's not what I'm saying. If we believe in Christ, we know that our sin is forgiven sin. But that shouldn't prompt us to sin more. It should prompt us to love more.

You must be living a very sheltered life. There are many Christians who "want" to sin -- that is, they knowingly intend to do things they ought not to do, or they knowingly do not do things they ought to do. That's temptation.