• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Doesn't God Active on the Earth?

Super Universe

Defender of God
cardero said:
…though I admit it is both curious and magnificent to observe how people do discover ME. The woman who avoids that fatal crash suddenly sees MY light. The mother holding her dead baby in her arms suddenly realizes I AM there. The man in the hospital who survives an operation after his chest is riddled with bullets suddenly realizes I AM there. Is it only through what you deem as tragedy that MY existence should BE K(NOW)N? I will tell YOU this – I will take believers any way I can get them.

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Preferences
Pg: 51

Why is God not active on the earth? If God wanted believers then why does he not come and simply answer all of our questions and calm us? It would instantly make everything better.

My belief is that we (our spirits) seek out this place like a child who grows up and moves out of the house. We are here to see what we are capable of when we have forgotten that we are God's children and that He is ever watching.

Super Universe

Defender of God
sparkyluv said:
He is active on Earth. That's what the Holy Spirit is for.

Yeah, but why isn't He walking among us? Why doesn't He speak to me in a voice I can hear to settle my thoughts when I am disturbed?

Wouldn't this be a simple thing that would make everything better?

Would selfish people still do harm to others if we all had our own conversations with God from time to time? I doubt it.

ayani

Super Universe said:
Why is God not active on the earth? If God wanted believers then why does he not come and simply answer all of our questions and calm us? It would instantly make everything better.

it seems to me that God is not really of the nature of directly answering questions. or very rarely, at least. in contrast to the times when God does not give answers to our specific questions compared to when (in our understanding) he does, seem far greater.

perhaps God gives humans the inspiration to seeka dn see something of Him through religion, through worship, through love, through awe. He answers us through these mediums, as to show us Himself directly would be beyond our understanding. true, God can do anything He wills. it is my take on the matter that God wills us to approach him through things like devotion, prayer, and faith, and that He does guide us- through strengthening faith, through bettering our constitutions, through making us more open to other's help and to our own compassionate side.

and hey, that's my belief.

arthra

Baha'i
Super Universe said:
Yeah, but why isn't He walking among us? Why doesn't He speak to me in a voice I can hear to settle my thoughts when I am disturbed?

Would selfish people still do harm to others if we all had our own conversations with God from time to time? I doubt it.

I think God manifested Himself in Prophets and Messengers to do this very thing... so in the Holy Books, God can still be "heard" through the spiritual teachings of the Prophets down through the ages. There are some universal truths that shine through them all.

I also accept the Bab and Baha'u'llah as the latest, not the last Manifestations of God and feel the guidance we need today to heal the world's ills can be found in the principles:

"A skilled physician is needed to remedy existing human conditions. As a physician is required to have complete knowledge of pathology, diagnosis, therapeutics and treatment, so this world physician must be wise, skillful and capable 101 before health will result. His mere knowledge is not health; it must be applied and the remedy carried out."

- Abdul-Baha

:clap

SoliDeoGloria

If God wanted believers then why does he not come and simply answer all of our questions and calm us? It would instantly make everything better.

The quick Calvinistic answer to this one comes from Rom.9:10-23 which is a bit much for me to type out right now, but then again this question comes with a presupposition that there is no such thing as predestination.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

Random

Super Universe said:

No it wouldn't. No disrespect, Super Universe, but a lack of understanding of human nature makes you say that. Man would reject God if He were to show up in Person. Mankind would feel robbed of its own destiny and self-determination in the immediate presence of a divine, omniscient entity. We would be as impotent as He is omnipotent. His benevolence would be doubted no matter what great miracle He performed for us, and ultimately we would want away from Him, to disconnect. If He did not limit Himself in ways to suit us, we would end up showing Him our hatred.

This would be the end, a real, total and utter seperation from Him. That's not what He wants, not what most people want either. So, He seems ever distant and remote.

But I believe that very seperation is an illusion and God is here, now, everywhere. There is only God, whichever way you look, wherever you are. I figure if you come to know this and feel it deeply, then He reveals Himself through a sense of requited love that changes everything, can change anything.

The end we all desire, the assurance and calm you speak of, is available in you one single lifetime. The Kingdom is all inside. With patience, trust, humility and faith all questions will be answered in time. You just gotta believe it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Godlike said:
No it wouldn't. No disrespect, Super Universe, but a lack of understanding of human nature makes you say that. Man would reject God if He were to show up in Person. Mankind would feel robbed of its own destiny and self-determination in the immediate presence of a divine, omniscient entity. We would be as impotent as He is omnipotent. His benevolence would be doubted no matter what great miracle He performed for us, and ultimately we would want away from Him, to disconnect. If He did not limit Himself in ways to suit us, we would end up showing Him our hatred.

This would be the end, a real, total and utter seperation from Him. That's not what He wants, not what most people want either. So, He seems ever distant and remote.

But I believe that very seperation is an illusion and God is here, now, everywhere. There is only God, whichever way you look, wherever you are. I figure if you come to know this and feel it deeply, then He reveals Himself through a sense of requited love that changes everything, can change anything.

The end we all desire, the assurance and calm you speak of, is available in you one single lifetime. The Kingdom is all inside. With patience, trust, humility and faith all questions will be answered in time. You just gotta believe it.

I disagree and I'm somewhat offended that you think I have not studied human nature.

You claim that man would reject God but over 1 billion men and women today accept His Son without any proof other than some old writings. Billions more, most of the planet accepts God with the only proof being more old writings.

How did you miss this obviously widespread aspect of human nature?

I didn't say that God would take anything away from us, you assumed that on your own. What I said was that He would answer our questions, the answer may very well be that He gives us free will to do good or bad and that even though He loves us all He will not interfere in our decisions.

How does this rob our self-determination? How does this make us hate Him?

I agree with your closing statements.

shema

Super Universe said:

He did, and we called him, Yeshua/Jesus..

HopefulNikki

Super Universe said:
And why didn't our teachers give us an A on every assignment in school? I believe God wants us to figure things out, even make a few mistakes in the process, on our own.

Bishka

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
And why didn't our teachers give us an A on every assignment in school? I believe God wants us to figure things out, even make a few mistakes in the process, on our own.

:clap:

:clap:

You said what I couldn't.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Super Universe writes: Why is God not active on the earth?

I believe in some aspects, one cannot help but bump into GOD. It is when people start expecting from GOD that people become disappointed or misplace their faith.

Super Universe writes: If God wanted believers then why does he not come and simply answer all of our questions and calm us? It would instantly make everything better.

I’m not sure that someone will find a shortage of believers in GOD. Anyone can get in their vehicle and drive down any Main Street and observe all of the many places that offer beliefs in GOD and provide all the answers about who GOD is and what GOD wills from us. Why, I just saw a place today that had a large sign that proclaimed that not only does GOD LOVE YOU but He enjoys watching us play BINGO Friday evening at 7:30 pm.

Super Universe writes: My belief is that we (our spirits) seek out this place like a child who grows up and moves out of the house. We are here to see what we are capable of when we have forgotten that we are God's children and that He is ever watching.
There is definitely a maturing process to spirituality and I would add that this includes getting to K(NOW) GOD. GOD never abandons us but also gives us room to discover Him on our own. GOD is like a visitor who stands outside your doorway until you are ready to invite Him in. GOD will also not compete with our faith or interfere with our beliefs or our lives. If you ask for answers and you are ready to understand, many can find GOD to be quite outspoken. I‘m not sure if K(NOW)ing GOD will calm us or make everything better and to some, these may seem like high expectations but an accurate K(NOW)ledge of GOD will insure not only what kind of REALationship we would want to encourage with this BEing but whether we want to have any association with Him at all.

cardero

Citizen Mod
HopefulNikki said:
Yes, GOD has watched alot of comedies.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Super Universe said:

My belief is that we (our spirits) seek out this place like a child who grows up and moves out of the house. We are here to see what we are capable of when we have forgotten that we are God's children and that He is ever watching.
He is active. You've just been unlearned about how to see him.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Willamena said:
He is active. You've just been unlearned about how to see him.

Dear miss, I am well taken back by your statement. I assure you that I am very learned about how to see God. He is in everything and He is with me always.

This post was to see other views about the subject from people's own religious perspective.