• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God prevent us from helping one another?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why doesn't God allow me or anyone else who cares about these issues to prevent them?
We are enjoined to try to help others in the best way we know.

When and where? Certainly not in children diagnosed with cancers. We don't see parents pray for a cure, we see them take their kids to cancer centers. There may be prayers, but parents know it's never going to be more effective than doctors and medicine.
It's not either/or to me. The laws of the universe God created led to the evolution of human intelligence which includes medical knowledge. It would be denial of God's creation to not take full advantage of medical knowledge. And there's nothing stopping someone from praying as well.

Eli G

Our first parents allowed themselves to be guided by an opponent of God and decided to separate themselves from God by disobeying the instruction He had given them. That opponent made them believe that they did not need their Father-Creator to live and succeed, and even told them that God was taking away something that would be useful to them and bring them to a standard of living comparable to that of God Himself.

Anyone who understands everything that was put on the table in that event realizes that God does not have to fix the affairs of a humanity that decided to abandon Him. If He removed his problems, humans would not recognize the damage they did to themselves by betraying their own Father.

However, our Creator, in his great goodness, gives the opportunity now for whoever wishes to join Him and obey His righteous principles and allow themselves to be guided; Whoever does so will receive the benefits of being connected to the source of life that our first parents abandoned. The decision now is not God's, but each individual's, whether or not he wishes to be guided.

In view of the way of speaking of those who blame God for our evils and those who say they do not need Him, it is obvious that the blame for not being able to see better times lies with themselves, not with our Creator, who they are denying.

Firenze

Premium Member
Our first parents allowed themselves to be guided by an opponent of God and decided to separate themselves from God by disobeying the instruction He had given them.
Or.... this god created 2 people who expressly were denied the ability to determine right from wrong - when it forbid them from eating of the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil'. Thus they were intellectually like babies. What kind of Father punishes babies for doing something they had no way of understanding was wrong? And the punishment..... cursing not just the babies, but their descendants - for eternity. This is like punishing a baby for accidently pulling the TV cord out while you were watching George Prince ask you for money - by burning it to death - and then going to every house in your neighborhood and burning everyone else. Except.... what your god did is about 8 billion times more evil.

Eli G

The only command those adult human beings received was not to eat from a certain tree. That was it.

What about you and your relationship with our Creator? Do you really matter?

Firenze

Premium Member
The only command those adult human beings received was not to eat from a certain tree. That was it.

What about you and your relationship with our Creator? Do you really matter?
It was a command that Genesis itself admits was given to people who were denied the ability to discern right from wrong.

It's pretty simple - "Hey, don't eat from that tree!" "Why not?" "Because it would be wrong to disobey me!" "Uh... what does 'wrong' mean? What does 'disobey' mean??" "You'll learn that ...... when you eat from the tree!"

Ay caramba.....

Firenze

Premium Member
Again: what are you doing to reconcile with our Creator?
I have no need to reconcile with my parents.

What are you doing to extract yourself from the psychotic, irrational nature of your chosen god thing as illustrated above?

Eli G

You are very offensive ...

The irony is that people who acts exactly like you is complaining to a God they don't believe in about human evils.

Have a great day.

Firenze

Premium Member
You are very offensive ...

The irony is that people who acts exactly like you is complaining to a God they don't believe in about human evils.

Have a great day.
And you are being very evasive. I have never complained 'to a god'. I am complaining to a believer of a bizarre, irrational, morally bankrupt story - which I find very offensive - that you are clearly unable to justify. Your retreat is duly noted.

The slaughter of non-combatants in Ukraine, Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan, etc. is fairly well known at this point.
How can it be a slaughter if people voluntarily stays on battleground?
The news publishes more death and tragedy every day. People in countries I can't reach suffer from poor infrastructure and corrupt governments. In fact, people suffer from that just a few hours away from where I live, and arguably where I am now.
I think the main reason for that is that people are taught to be selfish and evil, and not to love others.
Natural disasters are getting worse. This is partially due to the fact that global warming is getting worse, but climate change is mostly the fault of a handful of powerful, wealthy elites that I can't do anything to stop. Does the 99% in New Orleans deserve to suffer for what the 1% in Saudi Arabia is doing?
I think it is an evil lie to say climate change is a problem and caused by humans. If New Orleans has a problem, it is more likely because of them, than Saudis.
Violent hate crime in my country is on the rise, and that's proportional to the rise in population.
I think it is proportional to the lack of good teaching. Nowadays people are basically taught that is ok to be evil. And at the same time it is taught that Christianity, which teaches people to love others, is bad. It is extremely stupid to expect something else than misery, when the moral teachings are evil. Violent hate has really nothing to do with the number of people, but about what is taught to them. Even if world would have only two evil people, it would be miserable.
Why doesn't God allow me or anyone else who cares about these issues to prevent them? Why won't God help us put an end to this stream of needless suffering? Does the free will of the perpetrators matter more than the free will of the victims, so much so that even human bystanders are prevented from effective intervention?
Evil cannot be won by becoming evil.

But don't worry, be patient, the end of all evil will come. Before that, it is good, if as many as possible can find the way back to true life.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
The slaughter of non-combatants in Ukraine, Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan, etc. is fairly well known at this point.

The news publishes more death and tragedy every day. People in countries I can't reach suffer from poor infrastructure and corrupt governments. In fact, people suffer from that just a few hours away from where I live, and arguably where I am now.

Natural disasters are getting worse. This is partially due to the fact that global warming is getting worse, but climate change is mostly the fault of a handful of powerful, wealthy elites that I can't do anything to stop. Does the 99% in New Orleans deserve to suffer for what the 1% in Saudi Arabia is doing?

Violent hate crime in my country is on the rise, and that's proportional to the rise in population.

Why doesn't God allow me or anyone else who cares about these issues to prevent them? Why won't God help us put an end to this stream of needless suffering? Does the free will of the perpetrators matter more than the free will of the victims, so much so that even human bystanders are prevented from effective intervention?
Dearest @Ella S.

Your question expresses the healthy and empathetic, valuable side of humanity that we should all cherish when experienced within.

One of life’s many profound and trying challenges is that of coming to terms with what is not within our reach and/or power to change.

In numerous ways throughout life (some, more inconceivable than others), we will be faced with chances to figure out how we may reconcile with the very real limits to our influence on and control over certain aspects, people and circumstances, without allowing hopelessness and despair to stop us from loving, caring and indeed -when and where we can- acting from our hearts to aid our fellow beings.

How do we come to terms with not always being able to ease another’s pain, without losing our precious and very real sense of belonging and purpose; our genuine sense of humanity? This is a challenge which must be accepted and devoutly worked on if one is not to allow one’s limits to stop one from easing any struggles or pains at all.

No one can truly tell you how to come to peace with the limitations you will face. Through trial, error and patience, you must yourself reach your very own balanced state of being. And when you have, you will know it, because it is from there that you’ll be able to aid others in the best ways available to you and only to you.

Wishing you perseverance, courage and clarity on your way.

Humbly,
Hermit

RestlessSoul

It's My Birthday!

God is stopping you from reaching out to your neighbours in need? How so?

RestlessSoul

It's My Birthday!
An omnipresent God is directly involved at all times. The issue is why the God doesn't act versus does act.

The assumption is that God is omnipresent and CAN act at any time. So God not acting when the intervention would result in a preferred outcome is as direct as if God DID act.

These are assumptions you have made, in order to discredit a God you don’t believe in. Can’t you see how irrational that is?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Dearest @Ella S.

Your question expresses the healthy and empathetic, valuable side of humanity that we should all cherish when experienced within.

One of life’s many profound and trying challenges is that of coming to terms with what is not within our reach and/or power to change.

In numerous ways throughout life (some, more inconceivable than others), we will be faced with chances to figure out how we may reconcile with the very real limits to our influence on and control over certain aspects, people and circumstances, without allowing hopelessness and despair to stop us from loving, caring and indeed -when and where we can- acting from our hearts to aid our fellow beings.

How do we come to terms with not always being able to ease another’s pain, without losing our precious and very real sense of belonging and purpose; our genuine sense of humanity? This is a challenge which must be accepted and devoutly worked on if one is not to allow one’s limits to stop one from easing any struggles or pains at all.

No one can truly tell you how to come to peace with the limitations you will face. Through trial, error and patience, you must yourself reach your very own balanced state of being. And when you have, you will know it, because it is from there that you’ll be able to aid others in the best ways available to you and only to you.

Wishing you perseverance, courage and clarity on your way.

Humbly,
Hermit
That was quite beautifully said Thank you!