• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
No argument, but why did the bible writers make such a poor job of showing a God that would live up to his title?

Why did they make God look like such a vile God and why do Christians adore that vile God?

Regards
DL

For most they obviously did not do a poor job, did they? the Bible is the most influential, widely read and loved book in the history of humanity, resonating across millennia, cultures, races, transforming the world into the modern society we have in much of the world today, though there are still countries like North Korea, where owning a Bible is still a serious crime that people are suffering for as we speak. But the return of free thought in Russia and China is allowing Christianity to flourish again where atheism was formerly mandated.

Greatest I am

For most they obviously did not do a poor job, did they? the Bible is the most influential, widely read and loved book in the history of humanity, resonating across millennia, cultures, races, transforming the world into the modern society we have in much of the world today, though there are still countries like North Korea, where owning a Bible is still a serious crime that people are suffering for as we speak. But the return of free thought in Russia and China is allowing Christianity to flourish again where atheism was formerly mandated.

Thanks for the distortions of reality that did not even speak to my questions.

Reading comprehension is not your forte.

As to our modern society, it has advanced in spite of Christianity trying to keep us in the Dark Ages of free thought.

Regards
DL

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Thanks for the distortions of reality that did not even speak to my questions.

Reading comprehension is not your forte.

As to our modern society, it has advanced in spite of Christianity trying to keep us in the Dark Ages of free thought.

Regards
DL

personal insults are the most graceless form of conceding defeat as they say, there are some here able to debate without them, see ya.

Greatest I am

personal insults are the most graceless form of conceding defeat as they say, .

It would be for sure and would show a mind who does not like to learn.
I do but you have taught me nothing as would be the case if I lost a debate or argument.

Only children think they win when they lose.

Regards
DL