• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Bible literalist ignore the multiple verses that declare God is going to ultimately save al

dan p

Why does Bible literalist ignore the multiple verses that declare God is going to ultimately save all mankind? At the same time attempted to defend the doctrine of eternal torture?

Here is one of my favorites:

1 Corinthians 15:22-24

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Hi , and this is what I see in 1 Cor 15:22 !

No where does it says that all will be saved .

In 1 Cor 15:22 it says that in Adam all DIE , where die is in the Greek Present Tense Active Voice and in the Indicative Mood of Fact .

#1 , The Present tense means that all in Adam will die , as the Present tense means it is Death will be Continuous Results .

#2 , Be made alive is in the Greek Future Tense , Active Voice and also in the Indicative Mood of Fact .

#3 , The Future Tense than means that in the Resurrection our bodies are saved and not until than .

#4 , The Active Voice means God is producing the action and not man .

dan p :sorry1:

we-live-now

Hi. Benoni asked me to tell you guys he hasn't been able to login. He may be banned or locked out. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

we-live-now

Hi , and this is what I see in 1 Cor 15:22 !

No where does it says that all will be saved .

In 1 Cor 15:22 it says that in Adam all DIE , where die is in the Greek Present Tense Active Voice and in the Indicative Mood of Fact .

#1 , The Present tense means that all in Adam will die , as the Present tense means it is Death will be Continuous Results .

#2 , Be made alive is in the Greek Future Tense , Active Voice and also in the Indicative Mood of Fact .

#3 , The Future Tense than means that in the Resurrection our bodies are saved and not until than .

#4 , The Active Voice means God is producing the action and not man .

dan p :sorry1:

I disagree with you. The all in Adam is the Greek word pas and means all. The same word all is used in John 3:16/17 and interpreted as whosoever; but the word pas is used hundreds of times as all, and about 20 times as pas. The word whosoever excludes the word all does not exclude?

Yes the present tense all are dying in Adam, that is a given. Yes the future tense akk will be made alive that is right to the point.

Back to 1 Corin 15 this verse has a context all to its own, it speaks of all dying in Adam, and in the same verse it is declares all will be made in Christ. The word "in" Christ, it he Greek word "en" and also can be interpreted "in, with or by" Christ. it even gives us a time frame. Abut every man in his own order.

dan p

I disagree with you. The all in Adam is the Greek word pas and means all. The same word all is used in John 3:16/17 and interpreted as whosoever; but the word pas is used hundreds of times as all, and about 20 times as pas. The word whosoever excludes the word all does not exclude?

Yes the present tense all are dying in Adam, that is a given. Yes the future tense akk will be made alive that is right to the point.

Back to 1 Corin 15 this verse has a context all to its own, it speaks of all dying in Adam, and in the same verse it is declares all will be made in Christ. The word "in" Christ, it he Greek word "en" and also can be interpreted "in, with or by" Christ. it even gives us a time frame. Abut every man in his own order.

Hi , and yes the word translated can be " by " or " in Christ " .

Paul is the only one that real develops the phrase :" in Christ " and " in whom " or " in Him " and a coiple of others >

If we are " in Christ " that means we are saved , which means OSAS , and I BELIEVE THAT 1 Cor 15:22-24 does not teach Universal Reconciliation or Universal Salvation of all , and Rev 20:15 defeats that idea !!

dan p:sorry1:

Last edited: