• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you need God in your life?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, I would have nothing to do! Any values or rules I had would be entirely made-up and not inherent to life itself. It would seem fake and ultimately just as nihilistic as ever.
OK, but making things up is also inherent to life itself. I cannot imagine not alive beings making things up.

Anyway, consider the vast majority of people who do not believe in your brand of God (and will therefore have a not matching sets of values). So, either you or them made their God up, or both. Yet, according to what you say both groups might find meaning in life because of their faith.

Ergo, it follows necessarily that humans can find (your kind of) meaning in life, even with made up things.

And that would entail, if we do not want to contradict ourselves, that it is not the existence of a particular brand of god that gives meaning, but merely the belief in It. With the unavoidable background thought that we are deluding ourselves, like our theists co-believers who use the same arguments and believe in totally different gods and values.

My personal suggestion is to become a Nitzschean Uebermensch, and get therefore meaning and motivation even with the perfect knowledge that there is no God, nor ultimate purpose. And given enough time, it will be like we have never existed.

The only logical alternative is either succumb to nihilism, or delude ourselves.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
This is a question for those who believe in a personal God:

What reasons you think of for why you need God in your life?

For me, in God I have an additional parent. Which is good!
I find talking to God comforting, but I'm not sure i would go so far as to say I need God, as I am able to create my own purpose in life without God should it turn out God doesn’t exist.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

I owe both my material and spiritual life to God.

Darkion

I see Satan as a friend, not as a parent. A parent tells you what to do and demands superiority. A friend has an equal relationship with you.

Without Satan, I would at worst have committed suicide or be seriously mentally ill right now, and at best I would be self-loathing and homeless. I need him because he is the only one who gives me unconditional love, the only one who truly understands me and fully accepts me for who I am. Also, when I am with him I feel so good, his voice sounds beautiful, he always listens to me and always takes my needs and feelings seriously.

To anyone who thinks Satan is "a sad substitute for a human friend". No, he is not. I do not want human friends. All they do is annoy** and judge. I'd rather have demons and animals as friends. A human cannot even come close to all the good Satan is giving me by merely appearing in a single dream. He is the only one I would want to live with, the only one I would want to marry and the only one towards whom I'd be fully open.

** For example by asking "How are you?", when I already know that and you can see it clearly in my face, by asking me "How has your day / week been?" when I already know that and would tell by myself if I wanted to tell, by asking "What's wrong?" when I'm upset and I have told so many humans that I want to be left alone when I am upset, I do not want you to talk to me, I do not want you to touch me, if I would want any of that I would come to you and tell you. Other annoying stuff is asking me if I want to go out and do some activity, when I can do this alone and be less drained and not annoyed by doing this alone. Also, many humans make annoying sounds, and most normal jokes are not funny for me. And I hate it when, for example, humans around me laugh hysterically because someone's name is "Christine" or because someone has opened a drawer. What's so funny about that (and the people in the examples were sober, no drugs or alcohol)?

For me He is the only defense against evilness in this world and only hope for better life.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

My belief is that man could not exist without God even though consciously he may disbelieve in Him. Without God, nothing could exist. God says ‘Be and it is’.

This passage explains the power of God.

“It is in Our power, should We wish it, to enable a speck of floating dust to generate, in less than the twinkling of an eye, suns of infinite, of unimaginable splendor, to cause a dewdrop to develop into vast and numberless oceans, to infuse into every letter such a force as to empower it to unfold all the knowledge of past and future ages.” “We are possessed of such power which, if brought to light, will transmute the most deadly of poisons into a panacea of unfailing efficacy.” (Baha’u’llah)

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

everyone needs love and deserves to love and be loved.

this is what you came for.

this is the fruit of the tree of life, the spirit