• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do bad things happen when God exists?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Actually enabling moral choice that can result in evil makes god create evil by association.

So then you're responsible for the evil any of your children commit? Are children guilty of their parent's transgressions? How far back? And how many generations of evil descendants are you responsible for?

From the point of view that Almighty God created mankind who is capable of evil, yes..
However, this does not make Almighty God evil Himself .. He is the Holiest King of all

I didn't know Islamic and Christian evangelicals sounded so much alike.

look3467

Premium Member
Wait a minute, I thought we were supposed to fear the Lord.

Fear? Absolutely not! But respect? Absolutely yes!
When I was a child I feared my dad because of his discipline actions on me. But as I grew older, fear turned into respect for him because I loved him.
If, you love the Lord, respect for Him is your law. The Lord does not require it, meaning, you must produce it yourself.......willingly.

Therefore, there is no fear when you approach the Lord to call Him Abba.....Father.

Blessings, AJ

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Fear? Absolutely not!

Deu. 6:13--"Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name."

Deu. 6:15--"(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth."[/QUOTE]

That's a lot more severe than discipline.

look3467

Premium Member
Observe the times these words were intended for.
Where they before Christ?
Was the severity of the law, Ten Cammandments, given before Christ?
How is it then that After Christ grace is given?
The severity of the could no man comply except it be God Himself as a man.
The whole purpose of severity was to justify God's grace upon all of us so that we could rest from fear and to gladly come to Him, freely and unafraid, with gladness, joy, and in perfect love.
Fear is for those who live for themselves creating undue circumstances for themselves, hearts without peace, vexation of spirit and basically.... living in fear.
God does not want your sacrifices of work, money or your righteous deeds, but rather your love, respect and appreciation for the grace bestowed on you, freely as a free gift.
That being the case....what is there to fear....but your own self-condemnation?
Blessings, AJ

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Observe the times these words were intended for.
Where they before Christ?
Was the severity of the law, Ten Cammandments, given before Christ?
How is it then that After Christ grace is given?
The severity of the could no man comply except it be God Himself as a man.
The whole purpose of severity was to justify God's grace upon all of us so that we could rest from fear and to gladly come to Him, freely and unafraid, with gladness, joy, and in perfect love.
Fear is for those who live for themselves creating undue circumstances for themselves, hearts without peace, vexation of spirit and basically.... living in fear.
God does not want your sacrifices of work, money or your righteous deeds, but rather your love, respect and appreciation for the grace bestowed on you, freely as a free gift.
That being the case....what is there to fear....but your own self-condemnation?
Blessings, AJ

IOW, you can be as immoral as you want as long as you believe. At least Paul agrees with you, if not Jesus or John the Baptist.

"But didn’t he earn his right to heaven by all the good things he did? No, for being saved is a gift; if a person could earn it by being good, then it wouldn’t be free—but it is! It is given to those who do not work for it. For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God’s wrath."

--- Romans 4:4

look3467

Premium Member
Yes, one can be as immoral as one wants but.......would you if you knew and understood the love of God towards you? Would you willingly want to not please Him?
Case in point. I always, out of respect for my parents, tried to live a good life as to not bring any discredit to them.

The same would go for my Lord God.

No one except God in the flesh earned the right to salvation via the cross.Hence the free gift?

Blessings, AJ

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Yes, one can be as immoral as one wants but.......would you if you knew and understood the love of God towards you? Would you willingly want to not please Him?

We don't even know if God exists, but I live a moral life because it's best for my own self-respect, my respect for the EQUAL rights for ALL, and best for society in general as well--if others do likewise.

Case in point. I always, out of respect for my parents, tried to live a good life as to not bring any discredit to them.

Parents can be hypocrites or outright criminals. Yes, I honor them as much as possible, but I live for and am responsible for myself. I am not damned for the transgressions of my ancestors to the 3rd or 4th (talk about wishy-washy) generation no matter what "scripture" says.

The same would go for my Lord God.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."--Thomas Jefferson

We can honor God the best by equating It with Truth, wherever that leads. And that can be very fear inducing in and of itself.

No one except God in the flesh earned the right to salvation via the cross.Hence the free gift?

Salvific human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism (symbolic or otherwise) are pure paganism--incorporated, for the most part, by Paul from his hometown brand, Mithraism.

look3467

Premium Member
We don't even know if God exists, but I live a moral life because it's best for my own self-respect, my respect for the EQUAL rights for ALL, and best for society in general as well--if others do likewise.>>>ThePainefulTruth

No need to know if God exists or not.....the question of the conscience is to each individual. As yourself...your conscience is your guide.
We are a law unto ourselves.

A belief in God supports our conscience to deepen, strengthen and support our faith in Him.

I can testify of my own life's experiences in my association with faith in God to a more secure, hopeful and enriched life. I am a rich man outside the material world.

Parents can be hypocrites or outright criminals. Yes, I honor them as much as possible, but I live for and am responsible for myself. I am not damned for the transgressions of my ancestors to the 3rd or 4th (talk about wishy-washy) generation no matter what "scripture" says.>>>ThePainefulTruth

TRUE. But God is not a hypocrite for He is not of the flesh as we. And true, we are responsible to ourselves. Quote: Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."--Thomas Jefferson

We can honor God the best by equating It with Truth, wherever that leads. And that can be very fear inducing in and of itself.>>>ThePainefulTruth

Yes! Question with boldness and without fear! For He has enabled us to do so without reservations.

There is no "truth" without the existence of God. Mere existence of the flesh is subject to the flesh only.

Where truth......is not of this world....but spirit.

Blessings, AJ

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
.....the question of the conscience is to each individual. As yourself...your conscience is your guide.
We are a law unto ourselves.

The source of that conscience is the same for us all, our full self-awareness. The only difference is whether we heed it or not,

A belief in God supports our conscience to deepen, strengthen and support our faith in Him.

Why? The only sentient beings we deal with are other sentients. God, if It exists, only watches--at least their no evidence to the contrary.

I can testify of my own life's experiences in my association with faith in God to a more secure, hopeful and enriched life. I am a rich man outside the material world.

It's a self-fulling and shallow "enrichment". It's like patting yourself on the back.

TRUE. But God is not a hypocrite for He is not of the flesh as we. And true, we are responsible to ourselves. Quote: Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

?
Yes! Question with boldness and without fear! For He has enabled us to do so without reservations.

Only because God doesn't make Itself apparent.

There is no "truth" without the existence of God. Mere existence of the flesh is subject to the flesh only.

Asserting something to be Truth without corroborating evidence doesn't make it so--in fact, it's a likely indication of the opposite.