• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Americans hate freedom?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
This is further evidence that you have a warped view of America based on misunderstandings.

I know it's only for the Primary. But even by republican's admittedly low standards this guy is extreme. So the fact he's leading for the primary speaks volumes.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I know it's only for the Primary. But even by republican's admittedly low standards this guy is extreme. So the fact he's leading for the primary speaks volumes.
He is liked by roughly 19% of the US voting public. The other 81% despise the guy. So, I fail to see how that is a reflection on America in any real way.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If this thread was about conservative Americans, I might agree with you. But, you stated as if America in general can be judged by the opinions of conservatives, which is absurd. Most Americans are not conservatives.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
the data is now almost two years old, but...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166763/record-high-americans-identify-independents.aspx

Even if we were to assume that 40 percent identify as Republican, 38 percent of that is about 15 percent of adult Americans. If the 25 percent cited in the article is the case, it's less than 10 percent of voters. And in the past, many who were ahead in the polls early tanked later. It's a bit early to call Trump the nominee.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
[QUOTE="Mycroft, post: 4538984, member: 5055]It seems most Americans hate freedom.[/QUOTE]
LISSEN UP LIMEY BOY!
Us 'muricans can trash talk each other, and stomp on the Constitution, all we want.
But unless you want to get King Georged, again, you should go find a quiet corner of the international community and cry in your teacup.
Don't make Hillary Clinton come over there and take away your nukes.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems most Americans hate freedom. I read a lot about how they wish to curtail the freedoms of certain individuals for varying reasons.

Even on these boards I see a lot of anti-freedom rhetoric: keep the refugees out, stop the gays, etc.

Americans, why do you hate freedom so much? Let's talk about this. I'm here for you.

What makes you say it's most Americans?

A large majority support gay rights and. embrace immigration through the proper channels.