• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the wages of sin need a Judas in order to fulfill the promise given to Eve?

pearl

He lost all care and destroyed himself in whatever means he could think to join Satan.

I really don't believe that Judas intended to join Satan.
"Companions and Competitors," Meier notes that there are only two basic things known about Judas: Jesus chose him as one of the twelve apostles, and he handed Jesus over to the Jewish authorities.
"These two bare facts are almost all we know about the historical Judas. Beyond them lies theological speculation or novel writing, with the dividing line with the two activities not always clear-cut."

This is not too far off from your previous post
Remember that we do not have accounts that Judas was a witness when Jesus was questioned, suggesting that Judas wasn't denying that Christ was the Son of God, but instead he felt like He could manipulate the time of His power by offering the Jews a way to obtain Jesus.

One Scripture scholar, the late William Barclay, professor of divinity at Glasgow University, and author of the widely used multivolume Daily Study Bible, suggested that the most compelling explanation is that in handing Jesus over to the Romans, Judas was trying to force Jesus's hand, to get him to act in a decisive way. Perhaps, he suggests, Judas expected the arrest would prompt Jesus to reveal himself as the long-awaited Messiah by overthrowing the Roman occupiers. Barclay noted that none of the other traditional explanations (for example, greed, disillusionment, jealousy) explain why Judas would have been so shattered after the crucifixion that he committed suicide. In other words, only if Judas had expected a measure of good to come from his actions would suicide make any sense.

AdamjEdgar

Hi guys,

I have had discussions with family members about this topic and one of them came back to me today with a great answer to this question.

During the year in the daily services, the sins of the people are transferred to the sanctuary as a result of these daily sacrifices. This process defiles the sanctuary with the confessed sins of the people.

The high priest bears the sins of the people on the breastplate of judgment which is part of his uniform and he brings it into the sanctuary as result of the sprinkling of blood in various places throughout sanctuary

note, the blood washing sin away is not representative of sin disappearing into non-existence...the washing away is washing it from the body of the sinner

On the day of atonement, the cleansing of the sanctuary comes about via the high priest transferring the responsibility for sins from himself to the scapegoat.

The importance of Judas in relation to the sanctuary service is found in that he represents all of those who carry unconfessed sins and cannot be saved because they have not confessed their sin or repented of it. Judas was repentant yes, but not to God. He was only sorry that an "innocent man" had been condemned...not God. I would argue that Judas was essentially an atheist. When his only means of earthly gain was lost, his purpose was doomed. He became a worthless man and his entire aim in becoming a disciple (in which he hoped to be an elevated part of Jesus inner circle in his earthly kingship) was gone.

He then killed himself in pure dispair in a mindset not unlike that of what we know Adolf Hitler later did after WW2.

So Judas place in the sanctuary service represents unconfessed sin/sinners and the inevitable condemnation they face. It is a judgment that they bring upon themselves through unbelief.

Of course this raises another thought...what is the relationship between Judas loss of hope, condemnation and death, and the close of probation talked about in the New Testament just prior to the second coming?

Last edited:

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
What would have happened if Judas did not betray Jesus? Why did there need to be a single man who did the betraying...indeed what is even the point of such as betrayal...surely it was no secrete where Jesus went during the night for prayer.

To me it almost seems a rather silly method of betrayal...ie to betray the location of a person who made no secret of his whereabouts most of the time. Lets face it, he had only just entered Jerusalem on a donkey with people shouting and singing and laying down vegetation on his pathway, i would imagine that practically the whole of the city must have heard about his triumphal entry into the city. When the naysayer complained about the noise, the Messiah himself stated that if the people were silenced, the very stones would cry out.

So in light of the above, I look at the old testament sanctuary service, to me it represents almost the entire biblical story in terms of the plan of salvation. So if the sanctuary service is representative of this plan, what part of that service accounts for Judas betrayal? Where does Judas fit into all of this exactly...what is the purpose of a betrayal of something that is no secret?
The temple High Priest had already demanded that Jesus die for removing so many people from the temple, water baptizing them thus preventing them from believing in blood sacrifice for sin, that the temple was going broke. They were killing Christians for leaving their temple and Hebrew/Jewish beliefs. The betrayal of Jesus in part was the fear of Judas being killed by the temple, so Judas wanted back in that murderous religion to save his own skin. Although they paid him for his betrayal, they refused to allow him back into their religion and Judas was still under their threat of death like any other Christian. Judas lost his Apostleship for taking part in the murder of Jesus. Jesus told the temple if they wanted him dead that they did not love God, did not love Jesus (the Christ) and were not the people of God. No one that agrees to the death of Jeus is a person of God or disciple of Jesus. There are 12 true Apostles blessed by God and 2 false Apostles rejected by God, Judas and Paul lie when they say they love Jesus because they wanted him dead. Paul is a supreme liar saying God wanted Jesus dead. Jesus knew he was going to be killed but he told people to learn I desire mercy and not sacrifice. If people refuse to learn that and refuse to believe in water baptism for sin removal not the death of a life, then they are not saved. Jesus never said my death will save you.
Jesus said his blood is doctrine and he sheds the words of God that save. The truth should never be destroyed so a lie will be believed as truth.
Human sacrifice to a God is satanic and people that believe in it are sick in need of a doctor and water baptism repentance for being spiritually complicit in the murder of an innocent man.

Last edited:

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
It's something I've never understood. If he really were the messiah, there'd be no need for any of this nonsense.
Like wiping people's minds so they become programmed robots only able to act according to the program. God did not want robots; He gave humanity the gift of freedom of will and freedom of speech. Because of that, unfortunately lack of love for others arose out of jealousy, greed and desire for high status. People were from the beginning given the choice for that not to happen, but people loved themselves more than they loved others and murdered to prove that. When Jesus arrived, there was a long history of religious war to gain power, land and wealth. Jesus was sent to stop wars by teaching love and mercy. Jesus upheld his doctrine by refusing to kill anyone and preventing a religious war between Jews, Romans and Christians. Jesus laid down his life so his friends would not die in battle. Jesus came to prevent war, not be the cause of one.
Now we are facing a nuclear world war mainly caused by differing religious beliefs spawned by belief in one man, Abraham. Jesus said Abraham never heard the voice of God, Jesus hears the voice of God, this Abraham did not do. If people had believed Jesus converting to his beliefs then there would be no nuclear WW3 and the world would be saved.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
So, if I understand you correctly, your position, as articulated here and elsewhere, has been, and remains, that Jews, as a whole, are spiritually blind, spiritually stupid, spiritually ignorant Christ killers who follow a path, Judaism, that G-d has given the finger to and removed the legitimacy of.

Did I get that right?
If I understand correctly your Mosaic laws state Jews are to stone your people to death for adultery and you are allowed to own slaves .