• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Pope Benedict XVI resign fom the papacy on 2013-03-31?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
there have been other Popes who have resigned. He felt his health was too poor to continue and the Church needed someone younger and healthier to Shepherd it

peacecrusader888

I believe it was not because of health issue that Pope Benedict XVI resigned from the papacy but he questioned in his trilogy book in November 2012 the birth of Jesus on 12-25. In early 2013, he resigned from his post.

peacecrusader888

I believe it was not because of health issue that Pope Benedict XVI resigned from the papacy but he questioned in his trilogy book in November 2012 the birth of Jesus on 12-25. In early 2013, he resigned from his post.

In his book named "Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narrative", Pope Benedict XVI said that Jesus was not born on 12-25, but he did not give the exact date when. A few months later after the publication of his book, he resigned from the papacy.

peacecrusader888

Pope Benedict XVI resigned from the papacy because of "lack of strength of mind and body" due to advanced age. Do you believe that? Please broaden your mind.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I thought the pope remains as pope until he dies.
Official reason: health problems.
Real reason: Because he had seen how corrupt and money-hungry the Roman curia had become, and wanted to wriggle out of it.
Fortunately two brave Italian journalists, Nuzzi and Fittipaldi published two books where they exposed the corruption, the avidity and shady businesses of the Vatican: Via Crucis and Stinginess (Avarizia).
And this Argentinian Pope turned out to be a indolent person, who hid all those things and accused those journalists of getting information illegally.
The Vatican is not Catholicism. The Catholic Church is made up of brave, Christian-like, selfless bishops and priests from America, Australia, Europe.
The Vatican is a corrupted gang of Italian Cardinals which shouldn't exist.
In my last journey to Rome I dared not cross the Tiber River because I didn't want to see St Peter's Square.

Last edited: