• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Jesus Leave

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why did Jesus leave; if he's only coming back for a thousand years and simply leave again?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
He had to leave. They had no choice but to put it that way.

How else are people going to convince their imaginary friend was real.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why did Jesus leave; if he's only coming back for a thousand years and simply leave again?

Does anybody honestly think Earth is the only fallen world in the galaxy?; No; of course not! Jesus Christ has other fallen worlds to save from mutual assured destruction. .Earth's inhabitants are now under surveillance for the right moment when Jesus shall return .

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
last I heard.....the next solar system is fifteen years away.....at the speed of light

if He really is taking a walk in the 'outback'.....
it will be awhile before He returns

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
last I heard.....the next solar system is fifteen years away.....at the speed of light

The nearest solar system is 4.2 light years away, but nobody presently bound to Earth knows the distance in light-years to the nearest solar system with highly evolved apes created in God's image much like ourselves worthy of salvation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The nearest solar system is 4.2 light years away, but nobody presently bound to Earth knows the distance in light-years to the nearest solar system with highly evolved apes created in God's image much like ourselves worthy of salvation.
so the next possibility could be sooooo much further away

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Wouldn't anyone leave if they could? I mean, take a look at humanity and tell me you'd choose to stay.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

All of a sudden, the guy who walks on water is bound by a universal speed limit... ?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
All of a sudden, the guy who walks on water is bound by a universal speed limit... ?
good point....

maybe physical reality does not apply to Spirit

but I have posted in other threads....God drew the lines of reality
and is likely to not cross the lines He drew

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because the narrative required it. The early Christians obviously didn't have Jesus around, so they had to work this fact into their theology.

I think here is the answer:

In my Father's house are many mansions. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also. Where I go, you know, and you know the way."

John 14:2-4

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
***We know time-travel is possible, according to our current understanding of physics.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think here is the answer:

In my Father's house are many mansions. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also. Where I go, you know, and you know the way."

John 14:2-4

the 1000 years has begun

to know is to know for self, i am that i am, the All in all

At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

i am a watcher

Last edited: