• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did i have the need to defend my self in the past?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I do no longer seeing it as a weakness to admit one's own faults or weaknesses in life. it might even be an eye-opener for one's self.

Bird123

This question asked in the headline is a question I asked myself this weekend. Why did I always have to say?
Yes, but.......:confused: and then come with an excuse or explanation to everything I stand for?

Why was I unable to just say, This is what I stand for, take it or leave it......:confused:
So what if people disagree with me. let them do it....

The current answer to my own questions is: Because I was seeking validation, seeking to be seen or heard, and was afraid of letting people down. I did not trust myself, not even my own spiritual belief :oops: I did not believe I was worthy of understanding the wisdom I had gained :oops:

So I defended myself so hard that I started to see my own flaw.
To admit that I fooled myself for so long, was the hardest thing for me to do from within my heart. To say it to myself "you are weak"
But it did wake me up. and that is to me the lesson I take with me. It is ok others disagree with me, and I don't have to be correct all the time.

Life is meant to be lived, not feared because others see you as different. It is ok to be different.:)

Ah, the question remains: Are you really so different than so many out there? I think not!! I see so many fighting to never be wrong even when they are. They can tap dance their way into justifying anything regardless of what is actually true. On the other hand, you are right, more is learned and Discovered by being wrong than almost anything else. Perhaps one should not fight being wrong so much.

I can't wait for my next great screw up. It's going to be Glorious!!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This question asked in the headline is a question I asked myself this weekend. Why did I always have to say?
Yes, but.......:confused: and then come with an excuse or explanation to everything I stand for?

Why was I unable to just say, This is what I stand for, take it or leave it......:confused:
So what if people disagree with me. let them do it....

The current answer to my own questions is: Because I was seeking validation, seeking to be seen or heard, and was afraid of letting people down. I did not trust myself, not even my own spiritual belief :oops: I did not believe I was worthy of understanding the wisdom I had gained :oops:

So I defended myself so hard that I started to see my own flaw.
To admit that I fooled myself for so long, was the hardest thing for me to do from within my heart. To say it to myself "you are weak"
But it did wake me up. and that is to me the lesson I take with me. It is ok others disagree with me, and I don't have to be correct all the time.

Life is meant to be lived, not feared because others see you as different. It is ok to be different.:)

I like the saying... "it's not wrong... just different".