• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Derrick Henry showed up at the Ravens press conference after signing in a purple Suit

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
The answer will surprise you.

The Touching Story Behind Derrick Henry's Purple Suit

It was less than two days between when Derrick Henry agreed to become a Raven and when he showed up for his first day on the new job.
So how did he show up at the Under Armour Performance Center with a perfectly tailored purple suit?

The answer is more sentimental than you would expect, and yet another reason why the Henry-Ravens pairing seems to have been destiny.
"This is actually the suit I wore to my grandmother's funeral, who raised me. She died in 2016, and purple is her favorite color," Henry said.

"We're actually moving these next [few] weeks, so I was scrambling through boxes, pulling everything out, trying to find this suit and be able to put it together. I definitely wanted to wear this color to honor her and show all the fans around Flock Nation that I'm ready, and I'm on board." (The Ravens primary color is purple)

I am impressed with Derrick Henry's character for what I saw at the press conference, and also the "lounge" podcast that baltimoreravens.com have regularly. He was raised well by his grandmother it was apparent.

I am a big Raven fan. It dwarfs my Orioles fandom.