• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can humans not see Allah? (God)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
God does not want us to know he exist 100%. Because this life on earth is a test from God. This is the reason we do not see God.
I agree with that. Do you also agree that God transcends being seen? Here's a prayer I really like by Baha'u'llah:

Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope! Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved, and by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire! Through the power of Thy transcendent might lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being, and by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who art my God! Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquility on me, O my Companion, and let the riches of Thine ancient countenance deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master, and let the tidings of the revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden!
Bahá’u’lláh, "Prayers and Meditations", 155.1

For me "the most manifest of the manifest and most hidden of the hidden" means God is seen manifested in the qualities of this universe, attributes as we usually call them, and He at the same time transcends this universe and cannot be defined by those same attributes. I hope I'm not imposing my thoughts on you when they're not wanted.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden!
Most important passage - Thine revelation - which is through "me". You may be the most manifest of the manifest, but in the current age "I" am your manifestation. I understand Bahaollah extremely well. It is embarrassing to know someone that well.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I agree with that. Do you also agree that God transcends being seen? Here's a prayer I really like by Baha'u'llah:

Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope! Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved, and by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire! Through the power of Thy transcendent might lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being, and by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who art my God! Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquility on me, O my Companion, and let the riches of Thine ancient countenance deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master, and let the tidings of the revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden!
Bahá’u’lláh, "Prayers and Meditations", 155.1

For me "the most manifest of the manifest and most hidden of the hidden" means God is seen manifested in the qualities of this universe, attributes as we usually call them, and He at the same time transcends this universe and cannot be defined by those same attributes. I hope I'm not imposing my thoughts on you when they're not wanted.
Yes I agree with you

Beautiful prayer by the way

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God does not want us to know he exist 100%. Because this life on earth is a test from God. This is the reason we do not see God.
Baha'u'llah explained why God does not provide proof if His existence to everyone in the passage below.

Baha’u’llah wrote that God could have made all men one people. In the context of the passage below, it means that God could have made all people believers. The passage goes on to say why God didn’t do that... In short, God wants us to seek Him and find Him.

“He Who is the Day Spring of Truth is, no doubt, fully capable of rescuing from such remoteness wayward souls and of causing them to draw nigh unto His court and attain His Presence. “If God had pleased He had surely made all men one people.” His purpose, however, is to enable the pure in spirit and the detached in heart to ascend, by virtue of their own innate powers, unto the shores of the Most Great Ocean, that thereby they who seek the Beauty of the All-Glorious may be distinguished and separated from the wayward and perverse. Thus hath it been ordained by the all-glorious and resplendent Pen…”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 71

According to this passage, is that God wants everyone to search for Him and determine if He exists by using their own innate intelligence and applying their free will. God wants those who are sincere and truly search for Him to believe in Him. God wants to distinguish those people from the others who are not sincere, those who are unwilling to put forth any effort.

This is related to free will. Everyone has free will so it is a level playing field. Everyone can look at Baha’u’llah if they choose to do so... However, that requires willingness and effort, just like anything in life... God wants us to make a sincere effort, and thereby prove our sincerity to ourselves; not to Him, because God already knows who is sincere and not.

“The incomparable Creator hath created all men from one same substance, and hath exalted their reality above the rest of His creatures. Success or failure, gain or loss, must, therefore, depend upon man’s own exertions. The more he striveth, the greater will be his progress.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 81-82

This is related to free will. If God convinced everyone that He exists we would all just be automatons believing in God simply because God foisted Himself upon us. God does not want it to be that easy, God wants us to make a sincere effort to determine if He exists, and thereby prove our desire to believe in Him and prove our sincerity... This is the test from God.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I learnt how radiation fallout the fall of man affected my human brothers psyche. What he believes by spirit imaged heaven feedback seen in clouds above mountains.

All things he says pre existed his own human presence.

Hence he is not personally all things.

So gave it a man's titled inference. Allah. All things I am not.

I am just a man. A human. Yet I am all man as men. Amen he said all man.

Alpha status self given by A.

Yet he is not the state Alpha he is just a man owning equal human life.

So the claim man and wo man equal. As I said so...the man.

You cannot argue with your owned commentary by man Hu man X two equal.

Father mother first.
Everyone else baby first. Human teaching we inherited human life.

God in heavens not seen. Highest spirit cold and it is clear.

A man's science teaching for men. Not seen Allah God highest science teaching observed.

In mind O ovary is my mother's sisters body human who now owns my conscious heritage. The ovary a female cell.

My father a one of self is deceased is now only a one of man spirit memory of voice recorded and spirit body. In heavens. Science proven heavens records transmits voice and image.

My god as father is now a memory.

As my birthright is the human female cell the ovary. Without the female cell I own no life continuance.

The biblical science holy book medical science teaching genesis human.

Humans as parents having sex a medical holy book teaching. Life continuance.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Baha'u'llah explained why God does not provide proof if His existence to everyone in the passage below.

Baha’u’llah wrote that God could have made all men one people. In the context of the passage below, it means that God could have made all people believers. The passage goes on to say why God didn’t do that... In short, God wants us to seek Him and find Him.

“He Who is the Day Spring of Truth is, no doubt, fully capable of rescuing from such remoteness wayward souls and of causing them to draw nigh unto His court and attain His Presence. “If God had pleased He had surely made all men one people.” His purpose, however, is to enable the pure in spirit and the detached in heart to ascend, by virtue of their own innate powers, unto the shores of the Most Great Ocean, that thereby they who seek the Beauty of the All-Glorious may be distinguished and separated from the wayward and perverse. Thus hath it been ordained by the all-glorious and resplendent Pen…”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 71

According to this passage, is that God wants everyone to search for Him and determine if He exists by using their own innate intelligence and applying their free will. God wants those who are sincere and truly search for Him to believe in Him. God wants to distinguish those people from the others who are not sincere, those who are unwilling to put forth any effort.

This is related to free will. Everyone has free will so it is a level playing field. Everyone can look at Baha’u’llah if they choose to do so... However, that requires willingness and effort, just like anything in life... God wants us to make a sincere effort, and thereby prove our sincerity to ourselves; not to Him, because God already knows who is sincere and not.

“The incomparable Creator hath created all men from one same substance, and hath exalted their reality above the rest of His creatures. Success or failure, gain or loss, must, therefore, depend upon man’s own exertions. The more he striveth, the greater will be his progress.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 81-82

This is related to free will. If God convinced everyone that He exists we would all just be automatons believing in God simply because God foisted Himself upon us. God does not want it to be that easy, God wants us to make a sincere effort to determine if He exists, and thereby prove our desire to believe in Him and prove our sincerity... This is the test from God.
Very Wise and true words of Baha'u'llah