• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Believe Jesus Never Had Sex?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Why? Does it help to get that self discipline?

Ciao

- viole
Of course it does. Promiscuity is the root cause of all manner of evil. Just think how beneficial it would be to have the discipline to only have sex within the confines of marriage. I thought all this is self evident. Just think of how much more rare abortion it's self would be in that case. Again it is hard to imagine anything more obvious.

Bob the Unbeliever

No. You called all Creationist liars.

Again, you project. I said people who create creationist websites are liars, because all creationist websites promote false information.

Or am I misinterpreting you, as you do the Bible?

Oh, pardon me! I did not realize you were god now, and only your "interpretation" is the "correct" one?

Funny--- the bible does not mention... you at all.

Bob the Unbeliever

No. I did verify my statement with evidence, which you have not disproved..

How many times do you need to be told, you cannot use your CLAIM as your PROOF.

This IS basic logic.... perhaps that's why it appears to confuse you.... ?

You can't inject your interpretation of scripture, to prove scripture wrong..

Just as YOU cannot inject YOURS to prove it RIGHT.

Your interpretation is not a reliable source.

Neither are YOU.

Bob the Unbeliever

What you think, is not established truth or law. .

Same to you, bub. Same to you. What YOU think isn't established anything EITHER.
Have you appointed yourself supreme law giver and judge?.

Right back atcha, bub. Who appointed YOU supreme law-giver?

It's only a delusion - which doesn't change or affect anything.

So, to be clear-- you are speaking of the delusion called "the bible", right?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Again, you project. I said people who create creationist websites are liars, because all creationist websites promote false information.

Oh, pardon me! I did not realize you were god now, and only your "interpretation" is the "correct" one?

Funny--- the bible does not mention... you at all.
??? o_O

Bob the Unbeliever

Millions of people care. :smile:
I'm not forgetting anything..

So? Argument From Popularity is a Logical Fallacy. An even LARGER fraction of the earth's humans think you are 100% WRONG..... so what?

How does your reasoning and opinions affect the lives of millions of people, as did Jesus, and the Bible. :)

Dude! The majority of the planet does not believe your jesus was even real....! And have not been affected in any way by the ugly bible's fallacies.

Bob the Unbeliever

Again, a skewed view. But I understand why you view it that way.

:hugehug:
So, if we both understand each others viewpoint... where's the beef?

It's kinda sad that you don't even attempt to explain why your ugly bible's god committed such atrocities...

But I understand why-- you are so invested with this thing, that you simply turn a blind eye to the bible's evil.

Bob the Unbeliever

Yes... you must be born-again for the words are spiritual words and must be understood by a spiritual being that is made in His image. Otherwise you are interpreting things through a western humanistic belief system. Two different languages..

Really? So -- it's 100% impossible? Because you'd have to be mentally programmed from birth or something, or else the "words" don't contain the "correct" meaning?

In that someone NOT mentally programmed, cannot "understand" it at all?

Wow....! That's kind of reverse bootstrapping ...

No WONDER adults only "convert" after they suffer some sort of extreme emotional or physical trauma...

Bob the Unbeliever

Ya know, I have for so many years, even when I was a very devoted Baptists, where all these other people came from, such as where did Cain get his wife? Seth porking Eve would explain this, especially considering Lot's daughters jumped daddy's bones.

Indeed. It's kind of an ugly story, if you take it as written. But if you treat it as allegorical? Where do you stop with the allegories?

Was the entire Jesus narrative allegorical too? Was anything in the bible NOT allegorical?

I got sent into the hall, for Sunday School, for asking these and similar questions... *sigh*

nPeace

Veteran Member
So? What's the point of you posting that? It's so not supportive of creationism in any way, shape or form.
That's my point.
The information was posted on a link you claimed was a Creationists website.
The information is accurate.
Therefore your claim that Creationist websites do not post the truth is absolutely false, and in fact a baseless claim - again.

Bob the Unbeliever

That's my point.
The information was posted on a link you claimed was a Creationists website..

I only looked at the first couple of your creationist links-- and concluded that's all you have-- ALL creationists websites promote lies, therefore NONE can be valid sources of information.

The information is accurate..

Only if it is NOT from a creationist website. .[/QUOTE]

Therefore your claim that Creationist websites do not post the truth is absolutely false, and in fact a baseless claim - again.

See above. The ONLY time a creationist website is NOT lying? Is by sheer random chance-- for their intent was to lie.

It's what they do. It's ALL they do.

nPeace

Veteran Member
So? Argument From Popularity is a Logical Fallacy. An even LARGER fraction of the earth's humans think you are 100% WRONG..... so what?

Dude! The majority of the planet does not believe your jesus was even real....! And have not been affected in any way by the ugly bible's fallacies.
:nomouth:

nPeace

Veteran Member
I only looked at the first couple of your creationist links-- and concluded that's all you have-- ALL creationists websites promote lies, therefore NONE can be valid sources of information.

Only if it is NOT from a creationist website. .

See above. The ONLY time a creationist website is NOT lying? Is by sheer random chance-- for their intent was to lie.

It's what they do. It's ALL they do.
:nomouth:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yes... you must be born-again for the words are spiritual words and must be understood by a spiritual being that is made in His image. Otherwise you are interpreting things through a western humanistic belief system. Two different languages.
Oh, goodie! That means I have the magic juju to not just read, but understand the words of the Bible.
First, regarding Exodus....surely you can figure this out, why Jehovah God stepped in? His people were forced into slavery!!
Why did god even allow it in the first place? And what's even worse with this story, is it demonstrates that Jehovah is pro-post third trimester abortion. Even with animals that didn't have crap to do with any of it.