• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are You A Virgin?

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
@dave_

when i was a young wipper snapper hanging out in bars with groups, the group was split into two sides .... Virgins and non virgins

i thought it was stupid how all the virgins used to get picked on and made to believe that they are going to live life always a virgin ......... They actually accepted this as the truth!!

I DIDNT ...... I stepped in-between the two groups and corrected there beliefs of being a virgin forever.

they're all now married with kids and have great sex lifes....... No thanks to the non virgins .

bit this was teenage years ....... Were all now adults and if your happy with your personal sexy time , then so am i :)

but its something i recommend ...... Long live the shnoo shnoo :)

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
To put it another way, are there animals that abstain from sex?
complicated question......... Some animals have sex hourly , some yearly

the word innocence comes in mind ........ They don't know words or thoughts like virgin or abstain ..... They do what they love with no complications of the human society mind .

a young mouse is born , does mousey things like eating cheese and chewing wood, .... Then there interest go to sex ..... They have baby mouses and they interest focuses on their young .

lol^^ iv forgotten my point sorry :)

hi my names mainliner and iv a complicated memory. :). Sorry

gsa

complicated question......... Some animals have sex hourly , some yearly

the word innocence comes in mind ........ They don't know words or thoughts like virgin or abstain ..... They do what they love with no complications of the human society mind .

a young mouse is born , does mousey things like eating cheese and chewing wood, .... Then there interest go to sex ..... They have baby mouses and they interest focuses on their young .

lol^^ iv forgotten my point sorry :)

hi my names mainliner and iv a complicated memory. :). Sorry

I guess my point is that virginity, and the closely related concept of chastity , seems uniquely human with no parallel in the broader animal world.

Kirran

Premium Member
I guess my point is that virginity, and the closely related concept of chastity , seems uniquely human with no parallel in the broader animal world.

That's true. But so many other concepts are too. Sexual orientation, God (probably), meditation, politics, democracy...

gsa

That's true. But so many other concepts are too. Sexual orientation, God (probably), meditation, politics, democracy...

Fair enough. But certain forms of sexuality (i.e., heterosexual, bisexual and homosexual) can be observed in nature. Can the same be said for abstinence/chastity/virginity?

Kirran

Premium Member
Fair enough. But certain forms of sexuality (i.e., heterosexual, bisexual and homosexual) can be observed in nature. Can the same be said for abstinence/chastity/virginity?

Well, an animal can have sex with others regardless of their sex, but can it have an orientation? Obviously, the actual behaviour occurs, as do preferences. A neighbour of ours when I was younger had difficulty when it turned out one of their rams would only mount other rams...

gsa

Well, an animal can have sex with others regardless of their sex, but can it have an orientation? Obviously, the actual behaviour occurs, as do preferences. A neighbour of ours when I was younger had difficulty when it turned out one of their rams would only mount other rams...

Right. My point is that we observe these behaviors, at a minimum, in other species. Do we observe chastity/virginity/abstinence in the same way?

A purely empirical question. I don't think it says much about whether the behavior is desirable, just whether it appears outside of humans.

Kirran

Premium Member
Right. My point is that we observe these behaviors, at a minimum, in other species. Do we observe chastity/virginity/abstinence in the same way?

A purely empirical question. I don't think it says much about whether the behavior is desirable, just whether it appears outside of humans.

No, no, I understand your intent. I suppose we do in many asexual species, but aside from that I'm not aware of any purposeful lack of sexual activity in animals.

Wirey

Fartist
I am an 30 year old extra virgin , meaning i never hold hands , kissed , even dated with someone.I don't think i am special or anything because of this nor i am seeking approval.I just don't feel a need for sexuality and general human relationships.

How about you , why are you a virgin?Or why do you think people prefer virginity?

You're talking to the wrong guy. The greatest moment in life is when a girl gets that curious+pain+concentration look on her face and you know her entire existence is focused on what you're doing, for at least the next 30 seconds. I really like when you make them come and they get all greedy for it later. It's endearing. Plus, it greatly increasesthechance of auto-sammich preparation.

Sex is the single greatest physical action not relatd to hugging your kids, and you don't get that one without the first one.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I am an 30 year old extra virgin , meaning i never hold hands , kissed , even dated with someone.I don't think i am special or anything because of this nor i am seeking approval.I just don't feel a need for sexuality and general human relationships.

How about you , why are you a virgin?Or why do you think people prefer virginity?

Ha, I win. I'm 32 year old extra double cheese virgin :D

I can't even talk to women straight. They are scary!

I believe virginity is important to be kept and never lost until the a serious devoted relationship is found. I believe that will indirectly make that relationship real and long lasting. I don't want my other half to know that I had other sexual relationships with others. I want to be her's and her's alone.

Kirran

Premium Member
The greatest moment in life is when a girl gets that curious+pain+concentration look on her face and you know her entire existence is focused on what you're doing, for at least the next 30 seconds.

Huh?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

That's because it's more of an instinctual thing with animals. They go into heat, have mating periods, etc. Humans don't.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not completely a virgin. I've made out, had oral, handjobs, etc. with a woman. But not vaginal or anal. It didn't get that far to be able to do it. (She got off a bunch of times, but I didn't.)

That was when I was 22. I did my first everything with that woman. What holds me back is my transsexualism, depression and social isolation. I'm 25. I have a high sex drive and am a horny person. So it's not for lack of interest. I really want a girlfriend. I'll probably get one when I start to have a social life since my depression is improving and I'm able to get out more.

Skwim

Veteran Member

In his research, Kinsey found that individuals with "no socio-sexual contacts or reactions" amounted to 1.5% of the male population. In Sexual Behavior in the Human Female, he reported

"this breakdown of individuals who are [asexual]: unmarried females = 14–19%, married females = 1–3%, previously married females = 5–8%, unmarried males = 3–4%, married males = 0%, and previously married males = 1–2%.
(source:Wikipedia)
So, for some it's not a choice at all, just as heterosexuality and homosexuality aren't choices. As for why some heterosexuals and homosexuals remain virgins there appears to be several reasons, but primarily it's an inability to find an amenable partner, and religious beliefs.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Evolution. The #1 reason people are virgins is probably fear of rejection at some stage in a relationship, and that fear of rejection is part of the evolutionary process. Call it 'Genetic introspection'. Sex is only part of a relationship. Does a man forget everything except for sex in the moment? Well, I don't think that's so easy for men. You know why? Because we evolved to judge ourselves. If we sense that we are having personal problems, then we become less interested in sex and don't expect ourselves to be accepted.

That's a guess. Ask an anthropologist!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most animals are interested in sex only at certain, fertile periods in the female's cycle, and many restrict breeding only to a small, "alpha" segment of the population. Humans are unusual in being interested 24/7.

Human sexual drive varies. I suspect Dave just has a very low drive. I'd take him at his word -- he's just not interested.
There are plenty of other interesting things in life.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My two cents: Well, I never had intercourse. Was in bed with a guy. Looked at him, said "this is so over rated." Broke his heart (we're still friends, though). Met a girl, dated, found out what sex was really about. That was almost 14 years ago. Keep thinking I want a good relationship, but don't have the energy for it... and I'm only, what, 33 turning 34 next month. (Time flies:oops:)

edit: Oh! was I supposed to comment on virginity? I lost it to my girlfriend in 2003... normally people loose it much younger than 20. So, I can understand the OP to some extent.