• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are we so quiet?

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Namaste!

Everyone is so quiet! How is your sadhana going?

I read a book yesterday that perpetuates the myth that you must be born Hindu. That was frustrating! Thankfully it's from 1999 so it's almost 20 years out of date but it was still frustrating!

Shantanu

I share your concern that we have been very quiet over the past 10 days. No new topics have been posted. I keep looking in and apart from the occasional post from Aupmanyav there has been nothing of signficance. But I am still here ready to engage in discussions.

Of course as Hindus we are aware that we have differences of opinions. We need to be willing to appreciate our diversity.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We're not am argumentative discussing type of faith for the most part. As for this DIR, I think it may be 'all talked out'.

Islington

Well, I'm currently trying to build up a little website for my local temple, using Wordpress (the one used now is very basic) that I would like to offer them.

It's not so much of a religious debate or discussion but, should you want to help me with the thinking process of what a hindu temple website needs to have, I'd be happy to create a topic for that. :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste!

Everyone is so quiet! How is your sadhana going?

I read a book yesterday that perpetuates the myth that you must be born Hindu. That was frustrating! Thankfully it's from 1999 so it's almost 20 years out of date but it was still frustrating!
We are a peaceful people. :)
Meditation and yoga going nicely. Was reading yoga sutra, stopped midway. Will pick up again this weekend.

Shantanu

Well, I'm currently trying to build up a little website for my local temple, using Wordpress (the one used now is very basic) that I would like to offer them.

It's not so much of a religious debate or discussion but, should you want to help me with the thinking process of what a hindu temple website needs to have, I'd be happy to create a topic for that. :)
I think that is a good idea to develop a website for a temple and I would like to see a topic devoted to that.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member

Must have pictures of the deities! And update them regularly! Everyone deserves darshan, whether digital or in real life!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is unfortunate for a Hindu to have this kind of thought. I will be glad to meet a Hindu from Kauai's Hindu Monastery than such people any day. Or for that matter people from Hare-Krishnas who were not born as Hindus.

In Gumukh, I came across an Italian Hare-Krishna. We discussed BhagawadGita till late in the night. While returning, it was 'Nirjala Ekadashi'. It was hot to trek. I needed to quench my thirst every fifteen minutes (because of smoking - Aup has all bad habits). My companion stuck to his rule. How can one deny Krishna to such people?

Shantanu

God permeates the entire universe and is in the mind and body of all human beings, whether born a Hindu or not. It is ignorance to say that one must be born a Hindu to be a Hindu from that respect.