• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are there still Monkeys?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Congratulations on flip flopping around what I've said.

:clap

Now that that's out of the way....

What does what the planet looked like 3.7 billion years ago have to do with humans?

It is relevant because that is when our ancestors emerged. The first life formed in the oceans 3.7 billion years ago and we descend from those first life forms.
I want a REAL source or piece of evidence that says we came from water.

I'll wait.

What was wrong with the citation I gave? It is a standard textbook used all over the world.

ScuzManiac

It is relevant because that is when our ancestors emerged. The first life formed in the oceans 3.7 billion years ago and we descend from those first life forms.

What was wrong with the citation I gave? It is a standard textbook used all over the world.

The Bible is used all over the world as well.

:eek:

We evolved from water, its not up for debate.

Life started in shallow oceans

What does that have to do with that quote?

He said he couldn't understand the other person's argument.

And I'm not disputing the fact that life (life, not apes that got out and lost their fur) started in some form of water (I stated this earlier)...

I just said that it has NOTHING to do with the salt content in our bodies.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The Bible is used all over the world as well.

:eek:

So what? You're not making sense buddy.
What does that have to do with that quote?

He said he couldn't understand the other person's argument.

And I'm not disputing the fact that life (life, not apes that got out and lost their fur) started in some form of water (I stated this earlier)...

I just said that it has NOTHING to do with the salt content in our bodies.

Then what are you disputing? I was talking about life, not some primate magically transforming from a sea creature into a monkey.

ScuzManiac

So what? You're not making sense buddy.

Then what are you disputing? I was talking about life, not some primate magically transforming from a sea creature into a monkey.

1. Or maybe you are just failing to comprehend what I said.

You posted a book as a source. I said it wasn't a good source.

You said "but but but it's used all over the world."

The Bible is used all over the world as well (and as a teaching tool).

Should we just refer to The Bible when we want to know something?

2. My argument was and still is...

WHY are we so focused on the salt content in our bodies.

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that life as we know it came from water.

I don't see why that is such a tough question to answer.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
1. Or maybe you are just failing to comprehend what I said.

You posted a book as a source. I said it wasn't a good source.

You said "but but but it's used all over the world."

The Bible is used all over the world as well (and as a teaching tool).

Should we just refer to The Bible when we want to know something?

I referred you to a solid and reliable textbook on the topic in hand - in response you start bablbing about the bible.
2. My argument was and still is...

WHY are we so focused on the salt content in our bodies.

Who is 'we'? I don't think anyone is 'focussed on salt content', what are you even talking about?
It has NOTHING to do with the fact that life as we know it came from water.

Of course it does - the salt content of our bodies is a direct result of the fact that our ancestors evolved in the oceans.

I don't see why that is such a tough question to answer.[/QUOTE]

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I referred you to a solid and reliable textbook on the topic in hand - in response you start bablbing about the bible.

Who is 'we'? I don't think anyone is 'focussed on salt content', what are you even talking about?

Of course it does - the salt content of our bodies is a direct result of the fact that our ancestors evolved in the oceans.

I don't see why that is such a tough question to answer.
[/QUOTE]

So now we change the title of this thread to.....'why are there fish in salt water?'

ScuzManiac

Talk about illegible...

:facepalm:

The reason I mentioned The Bible? Because popularity does NOT equal validity...

Who is we? The 3-4 people in this thread that have only mentioned salt content and none of the other minerals that match humans/ocean water.

The salt content of our bodies is NOT a direct result of that fact. Again, source?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Dear Quatermass, Why wouldn't there be? You don't think that Munkees Magically evolved into Humans. Do you? Come on. Get real. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

No, you are the one trying to bring magic into the discussion...