• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are men denied sexual pleasures by religions?

haribol

Why religions proscribe sexual pleasures? Is it not one of the reasons why there are rapists all over the world? Are there rapists in the animal kingdom?

People rape to satiate their suppressed urges and rapists are not always accountable for their acts and the society he belongs to must equally take the responsibility to short his natural instincts for sex

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Why religions proscribe sexual pleasures?
To control unwanted children, most likely. It depends what you mean by 'sexual pleasures'. Do you mean, for example, masturbation? If so, then I don't know. Probably some belief about it 'wasting seed', or it being dangerous, or whatever. Something no longer applicable.

Is it not one of the reasons why there are rapists all over the world?
No.
Are there rapists in the animal kingdom?
Yes.
People rape to satiate their suppressed urges
Power, not urges.
and rapists are not always accountable for their acts
They are.

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
haribol, that is a terrible thing to say. A man desires all things, all experiences both good and bad. A man desires without even an object to desire. He thinks he desires this and that; but desire is its own thing on the inside of him. Men that are tortured often love their tormentors. Captives love their captors. Why do you think this happens? It is because Desire is what a man is, and the rest of him revolves around that core. Sitting in a chair is different from jumping out of a plane with a parachute, but men are attracted to doing both. Sometimes they think they want to sit. Sometimes they think they want to jump; but while they are jumping or sitting they often think about how much they desire to do something else. Nothing satisfies.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Why religions proscribe sexual pleasures? Is it not one of the reasons why there are rapists all over the world? Are there rapists in the animal kingdom?

Religions place controls on sexual pleasures in an attempt to keep blood lineages established. Bloodlines mostly throughout the world and throughout much of of history have been patrilineal, as well, which explains why there tends to be more rules and regulations placed on women than men for the purpose of keeping and maintaining that order.

Rape has little if anything to do with pleasure. Power and control are the means and the end, and both tend to be justified by the rapist. There is such a thing as marital rape, but it never has been for pleasure.

And rape exists in the animal kingdom, yes.

People rape to satiate their suppressed urges and rapists are not always accountable for their acts and the society he belongs to must equally take the responsibility to short his natural instincts for sex

Please take the time to educate yourself more about rape, the prevalence of rape, and the criminology of rape. Suppression of urges tend not to result in exerting power and control over a victim, but results in the tendency to victimize and self-harm themselves.

Rapists who victimize other people - whether it's men, women, or children - should always be held accountable for their actions. It is the fault of society that doesn't hold the rapist accountable.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Religion never proscribed sexual pleasure but only adultery is proscribed and even punishable.

it goes like this,

if one love a girl,then instead of panting after her for a sexual purpose,he should talk with her parents to request her for marriage and they should ask her if she wish to marry him by letting them to talk under family supervision.

if you mean that religion should accept sex for pleasure and only for pleasure,i don't accept that to happen to`my daughters or sisters,i will fight any person if even he'll try to touch ones hair if not being her brother,uncle or husband.

Of course unfortunately that isn't the case all around the world where men are allowed to have sexual relationship with one girl then leave her and find a new one and so on and so forth.

There is no relation between rape as crime and sexual pleasure proscription ,as the rapist is a criminal taking what he needs by force similar to the criminal who may kill for money.

We shouldn't compare everything to animals,animals have their own world.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

Rapists are always accountable for their acts. There will never be justification for rape. It matters not how suppressive or opressive a society may be. Religion isn't mandatory.

Lawful behavior, behavior, however, at minimum, is mandatory.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The fact remains that men (and women, as well) are NOT denied anything. Following a religion is a choice, not something anyone is forced to do. Even if a man follows a religion that says no sex before marriage, many of them still have sex before marriage- and women likewise.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Religion was made lng time ago when it wasnt a good idea to have your daughter have a child with and absent parent

Wait!....it's still not a good idea! But now we have condoms, so sex=/= children the me way it did on the past.

Of,course,religions are very slow to keep up.

Me Myself

Back to my username
The fact remains that men (and women, as well) are NOT denied anything. Following a religion is a choice, not something anyone is forced to do. Even if a man follows a religion that says no sex before marriage, many of them still have sex before marriage- and women likewise.

Depends on the country

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I should also add: Society makes it all right for a person to have sex outside of marriage, but that same society makes those same people responsible for any child they produce. They are also responsible for protecting themselves by finding a way to stop spreading diseases- with condoms or whatever.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Religion never proscribed sexual pleasure but only adultery is proscribed and even punishable.

it goes like this,

if one love a girl,then instead of panting after her for a sexual purpose,he should talk with her parents to request her for marriage and they should ask her if she wish to marry him by letting them to talk under family supervision.

if you mean that religion should accept sex for pleasure and only for pleasure,i don't accept that to happen to`my daughters or sisters,i will fight any person if even he'll try to touch ones hair if not being her brother,uncle or husband.

Of course unfortunately that isn't the case all around the world where men are allowed to have sexual relationship with one girl then leave her and find a new one and so on and so forth.

There is no relation between rape as crime and sexual pleasure proscription ,as the rapist is a criminal taking what he needs by force similar to the criminal who may kill for money.

We shouldn't compare everything to animals,animals have their own world.

So it doesnt matter whether yiuur sisters or adult daughters WANT to have sex and are not interested in a long term relationship with the guy either, you will "fight" to prohibit that?

Me Myself

Back to my username
At best, they (Countries that are not religiously free) can only force "lip service" to a religion. As for sex, it is the society of the country that makes the rules, not the religion itself.

Religion itself does nothing and is nothing in a strict postulation. Still, a following of such religion by the law ends up making sex for pleasure legally banned.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

There are enough real problems with religion that you don't have to make up ridiculous arguments about fake problems.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Religion itself does nothing and is nothing in a strict postulation. Still, a following of such religion by the law ends up making sex for pleasure legally banned.
Not in any free country and not in any country I ever lived in. Is it illegal for you in South America?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why are men denied sexual pleasures by religions?

They are not and never have been.
Many religions have tried to impose rules to control the sexual lives of their adherents.
But when it came to choice ...men and women have followed their own desires.
Even the "Catholic" faith has had to accept that people "Do what they do" whatever rules are set.
Last week a Cardinal suggested that the time had come when priests should be able to marry again.

Recent cases have shown that even people in Holy Orders disobey their rules on sexual relations.

However there is a strong counter flow, that sexual misdemeanours and crimes by people in both high and low stations in life are no longer accepted. And that their actions, going back to more permissive times, should now be investigated and prosecuted.

I am less convinced, than some, that it is just or even right to impose todays standards and laws, on what went before. It could be said some are prosecuted only because they have had the misfortune to live a longer than average life.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Not in any free country and not in any country I ever lived in. Is it illegal for you in South America?

1- "free" is relative. All countries restrict freedoms.

2-In Ecuador no, not at all. Isn't it that way somewhere in the middle east though? :D

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So it doesnt matter whether yiuur sisters or adult daughters WANT to have sex and are not interested in a long term relationship with the guy either, you will "fight" to prohibit that?

No that isn't happening actually,girls in our society are well taught to protect themselves from dirty men whom just looking for girls for their sex desires and even that also taught in schools plus there are morality police around schools to protect school girls from such dirty men.

So in our society praise to god we don't have such cases,but what if your daughter at age of 10 years and wanted by her own desire to have sex with a young boy,what you will do in this case ?
You may stop her to do so at that age and you may even call the police to claim that such and such are trying to fool your baby,but what if she is at age 15 or 18.

She isn't any more a child and any one is allowed to have sex with her if she wanted to.

But for us we treat them as children till the day that they are married.

i know that it is normal maybe in your society to have such relationship between young boys and girls but that isn't the case in muslim societies.

i think that is taught by religion because we have also christians in our society whom are less strict on such matters and even if we go back to pre-islamic arabia (Jahiliyyah) we find out a society where everything was allowed,killing,stealing,rapes,hard drinks,adultery,women slaves and that all have been changed as a miracle by prophet Mohammed PBUH.

The society variations can be well noticed by reading the history of the Arabs before Islam and the same Arabs after Islam ,from ignorance to a great empire.

Me Myself

Back to my username
No that isn't happening actually,girls in our society are well taught to protect themselves from dirty men whom just looking for girls for their sex desires and even that also taught in schools plus there are morality police around schools to protect school girls from such dirty men.

So in our society praise to god we don't have such cases,but what if your daughter at age of 10 years and wanted by her own desire to have sex with a young boy,what you will do in this case ?
You may stop her to do so at that age and you may even call the police to claim that such and such are trying to fool your baby,but what if she is at age 15 or 18.

She isn't any more a child and any one is allowed to have sex with her if she wanted to.

But for us we treat them as children till the day that they are married.

i know that it is normal maybe in your society to have such relationship between young boys and girls but that isn't the case in muslim societies.

i think that is taught by religion because we have also christians in our society whom are less strict on such matters and even if we go back to pre-islamic arabia (Jahiliyyah) we find out a society where everything was allowed,killing,stealing,rapes,hard drinks,adultery,women slaves and that all have been changed as a miracle by prophet Mohammed PBUH.

The society variations can be well noticed by reading the history of the Arabs before Islam and the same Arabs after Islam ,from ignorance to a great empire.

So in the hypothetical that they were 18 and wanted to have a one night stand, you would still "fight" against that? What would is "fight" consist of?