• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are cops

freethinker44

Its entirely revelent.

Using a world model by which we can compare to other countries enforcement system provides an extremely accurate and reliable gauge to judge exactly where we stand on this matter.
I guess as long as your only goal in life is to be better than Russia, sure. I'm willing to bet that's not your goal though, and if I can be a bit presumptuous right now I'll just go ahead and tell you what you think and why you think it. The reason you are using this fallacy is not because you truly believe that being better than Russia and China is a great measurement of your own country's fitness, it's because, for some reason, you have too much reverence for police, or what we in the know call being a "copsucker", or perhaps you are part of their in-group or you include them in your in-group and feel an attack against them is an attack against your group and you must protect your group by protecting police even at the expense the ideological ideals of your group. Probably it's both though.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I guess as long as your only goal in life is to be better than Russia, sure. I'm willing to bet that's not your goal though, and if I can be a bit presumptuous right now I'll just go ahead and tell you what you think and why you think it. The reason you are using this fallacy is not because you truly believe that being better than Russia and China is a great measurement of your own country's fitness, it's because, for some reason, you have too much reverence for police, or what we in the know call being a "copsucker", or perhaps you are part of their in-group or you include them in your in-group and feel an attack against them is an attack against your group and you must protect your group by protecting police even at the expense the ideological ideals of your group. Probably it's both though.

You're not very good at talking out of your ***, persistent though.

freethinker44

You're not very good at talking out of your ***, persistent though.
You're more than welcome to prove me wrong. If you can't or won't, I'll take that too, though. That's the beauty of only caring about the truth: Prove me wrong or not, either way, I win.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok. So how do you gauge on how good or bad the police are?

freethinker44

Ok. So how do you gauge on how good or bad the police are?
You're killing me, man.

Post #18
No, comparing our police with a (perceived) much worse police force is a false comparison fallacy. If you want to see where we stand in the world you compare it with the best and see how much room we have for improvement. It doesn't matter how much worse it could be, if it could be improved it should be improved. Just because it's worse somewhere else doesn't mean we shouldn't worry about how bad it is here. So your argument is completely irrelevant here.

rocala

Besides being an example of a "faulty comparison fallacy", what does China and Russia have to do with America's police problem?
"Such right wing thugs? They used to be gentlemen now they are thugs itching for a fight."
Who mentioned America?????