• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will win France's election

Who will get elected?

• Benoît Hamon

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • François Fillon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marine Le Pen

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Jean-Luc Mélenchon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emmanuel Macron

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Estimation as of close of voting by le monde

Macron 23.7%
Let Pen 21.7%
Melenchon and Fillon 19.5%

Twitter

ajay0

I posted that quote on Quotes from famous freethinkers about a week ago.

Terrorism in France was not confined to Islamic terrorism alone. In the reign of terror after the french revolution, Robespierre had guillotined thousands of people including innocent supporters of the revolution under false charges. Robespierre himself got guillotined in the end.

Let's hope the right wing parties about to win French elections don't bleed France itself in their endeavor to wipe out Islamic terrorism , stop immigration and implement their divisive agenda.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Terrorism in France was not confined to Islamic terrorism alone. In the reign of terror after the french revolution, Robespierre had guillotined thousands of people including innocent supporters of the revolution under false charges. Robespierre himself got guillotined in the end.

Let's hope the right wing parties about to win French elections don't bleed France itself in their endeavor to wipe out Islamic terrorism , stop immigration and implement their divisive agenda.

Le pen is running 2nd at 2.7% behind Macron. The village i live is somewhat more sensible with le pen being voted to 4th place with 16.3%

Macron is looking good to win the 2nd round but I'm not holding my breath.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Le pen is running 2nd at 2.7% behind Macron. The village i live is somewhat more sensible with le pen being voted to 4th place with 16.3%

Macron is looking good to win the 2nd round but I'm not holding my breath.
The media told us Hillary was most likely to win. On the final day it was a different story. We shall see.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I cannot see that myself ?.

Ask a Muslim. Wear a hijab and visit your local mall or try passing
border security.

Sure in America the 'excuse' is security, the propaganda has worked wonders for masking xenophobia. When in fact you are over 3000 times more likely to be killed by a patriotic gun nut than an Islamic terrorists. I see no ban on guns.

In the UK, following the brexit vote the incidence of racist attacks rose by 60%. Official police statistic

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Ask a Muslim. Wear a hijab and visit your local mall or try passing
border security.

Sure in America the 'excuse' is security, the propaganda has worked wonders for masking xenophobia. When in fact you are over 3000 times more likely to be killed by a patriotic gun nut than an Islamic terrorists. I see no ban on guns.

In the UK, following the brexit vote the incidence of racist attacks rose by 60%. Official police statistic
Well what I see throughout the world, there are many Muslims causing havoc, I think you would have to be blind not to see this ?.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well what I see throughout the world, there are many Muslims causing havoc, I think you would have to be blind not to see this ?.

And many gun toting patriotic Americans killing people, it's all a matter of scale.

As for terrorism (note It is estimated that around 0.6% of Muslims are terrorists. No Muslim has ever tried to kill me or mine, i really wish i could say the same for Christians.

Shad

Veteran Member

Get with the times. People are not concerned about what happened two centuries ago but what is happening now....

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And many gun toting patriotic Americans killing people, it's all a matter of scale.

As for terrorism (note It is estimated that around 0.6% of Muslims are terrorists. No Muslim has ever tried to kill me or mine, i really wish i could say the same for Christians.
Where are Christian today causing death to many ?.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Where are Christian today causing death to many ?.

America, India, Africa, northern Ireland with overspill to the rest of the uk.

Ask the kkk, the ira, anti balaka, the lra, the nlft etc and any disgruntled Christian with a gun and a handy school or cinema to shoot up.

ChristineM

Premium Member

I wrote 0.6%, my apologies, a misprint, having dyslexia i misread my comment before posting it, i missed a couple of zeros, the actual number according to pew is 0.006625%

CNN estimates around 106,000 individuals are members of or identify with Islamic terrorist organizations

In comparison, in the US alone (75% christian population with about 45% of the population owning guns) there are over 300 million guns.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I thought this was very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

The EU is not subject to the us constitution so his comparison is kind of like comparing apples with elephants.

Having said that, most countries in the EU have laws against incite to violence and religion.

The EU are passing law to ensure all (not just European) companies who trade in Europe respect the law of their chosen profit making ground.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
America, India, Africa, northern Ireland with overspill to the rest of the uk.

Ask the kkk, the ira, anti balaka, the lra, the nlft etc and any disgruntled Christian with a gun and a handy school or cinema to shoot up.
Maybe in very small numbers but nowhere as much as the Muslim terrorist, that's for sure..

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I wrote 0.6%, my apologies, a misprint, having dyslexia i misread my comment before posting it, i missed a couple of zeros, the actual number according to pew is 0.006625%

CNN estimates around 106,000 individuals are members of or identify with Islamic terrorist organizations

In comparison, in the US alone (75% christian population with about 45% of the population owning guns) there are over 300 million guns.
Lets face it, I would rather see Christians with guns before I see radical Muslims with them that's for sure.