• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was the goddess of lust ?

Absolute Zero

fon memories
Who was the Goddess of lust ? Did she/he marry or not ? What was the story surronding him/her ? Did she sleep around with other people/Gods/Goddesses ?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
That would most likely be Freyja, who was accused of sleeping with almost all the gods at some point (by drunk Loki, so it might have just been exaggeration).

She was married to Od(r), but he was gone most of the time on trips (and also may have been Odin in disguise).

She also may have been the catalyst for the Aesir-Vanir war.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
My (extremely limited understanding) was that Freyja was Goddess of sex, among other things. I don't think there was one for lust, specifically, but it would definitely be within her purview.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
That would most likely be Freyja, who was accused of sleeping with almost all the gods at some point (by drunk Loki, so it might have just been exaggeration).

She was married to Od(r), but he was gone most of the time on trips (and also may have been Odin in disguise).

She also may have been the catalyst for the Aesir-Vanir war.

Lady Freyja is considered a Goddess of fertility, not lust at all. To my knowledge the Gods believe in monogamy,
marriage and most of them are married. Even though there is drama in the myths involving adultery it was one
of the All Fathers rules, sins or laws, he had these codes of honor tattooed on him, (on his fingers?). Odin has a code of
honor and sins tattooed on him (his fingers?) and in another story I have read he
systematically breaks them himself.

Loki's accusations began his tribulations along with his antics. He also called the
Goddess Idunn a "****" in front of everyone infuriating her husband. Loki's drama
also involves some debauchery, yet he also represents in monogamy with a wife.