• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was Jesus?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Apparently, no available archaeological evidence supports the idea that Nazareth existed before the 2nd century C.E.

I believe that is the null hyothesis. No evidence does not equate to non-existence. Of course if one were wise one would consider the Bible evidence that it existed.

Electus de Lumine

Magician of Light
Just in your own words, who was Jesus?

Not a lot of historical facts about him, we really only have Yahweh's side of the story.

Seems that Yahweh claimed he was his son and he was killed then Yahweh claimed that he died to satiate his blood-lust for sacrifices.

Yahweh seems to have made this religion to push the worship of him into the gentile world.

buddhist

I believe that is the null hyothesis. No evidence does not equate to non-existence. Of course if one were wise one would consider the Bible evidence that it existed.
I didn't suggest that Nazareth didn't exist before the 2nd century CE. If one were wisely rational, one would be agnostic until proven one way or another.

allfoak

Alchemist
Just in your own words, who was Jesus?
This is not my own words but i can't say it any better than this.
This answers who Jesus was and how we should respond to what he did.
The historical man Jesus overcame and prevailed over the Law within himself -- thereby achieving a condition of Anointed Oneness with the Indwelling Logos (Mind) of God.
Having prevailed, the historical man Jesus then taught his disciples to accomplish the same within themselves.
In what is known as the Epistle of Peter To James it is written that if this sacred esoteric knowledge that was imparted to the disciples of Jesus was to become lost, that "...it will remain even for those who really seek the truth, always to wander in error"!
Fortunately, the body of sacred esoteric knowledge remains preserved within the allegorical text of the scriptures -- which when used as the Key of Knowledge and turned within self, has the potential to open the "narrow strait gate" within mankind that gives entrance to the Inner Kingdom.
Holographic Divine Pattern