• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who knows?

vulcanlogician

I believe logic sometimes does not work.

Logic is like math. When you plug good information into it, you get good information out. (Actually, you get sound conclusions out of logic. That's what logic is good for: forming conclusions.) Please tell me how logic "doesn't work."

For instance it isn't logical that a man can put clay on his eyes, wash it off and receive his sight. I feel pretty confident a blind person today would not find success in doing that.

There's nothing illogical about miraculous healings. Miracles suffer from a lack of evidence. Nothing reliable confirms their existence. We have yet to confirm a miracle scientifically. All we have are testimonies. And many, if not most, of those testimonies are pretty dubious... especially for people who haven't resolved to trust the testimony beforehand.

In any case, there is no issue with logic there.

However it is logical for a person to receive their sight if an all powerful God is doing it.

Well, if you really think that "logic does not sometimes work," why are you making an appeal to logic here?

You are correct that if an all-powerful God exists, it is logical to conclude he can perform miracles. That follows logically. Being all powerful includes the ability to do anything. Therefore, curing blindness would be possible for God, if he is indeed all-powerful.

Bird123

Your views are beliefs, you just don't want to ackowledge this fact.

I don't have to assume things not known to exist don't exist, including any of the many thousands of gods.

You are posting your beliefs, no facts that your beliefs are true. That is your problem.

This is the third time you have gotten this wrong.

In other words you have no evidence to demonstrate your beliefs are true. All your posts are fraud.

Wow, all these words and not a single fact that explains how your beliefs are true. Just incoherent ramblings.

It's about WHAT IS. It has never ever been about what you want to be true!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
Logic is like math. When you plug good information into it, you get good information out. (Actually, you get sound conclusions out of logic. That's what logic is good for: forming conclusions.) Please tell me how logic "doesn't work."

There's nothing illogical about miraculous healings. Miracles suffer from a lack of evidence. Nothing reliable confirms their existence. We have yet to confirm a miracle scientifically. All we have are testimonies. And many, if not most, of those testimonies are pretty dubious... especially for people who haven't resolved to trust the testimony beforehand.

In any case, there is no issue with logic there.

Well, if you really think that "logic does not sometimes work," why are you making an appeal to logic here?

You are correct that if an all-powerful God exists, it is logical to conclude he can perform miracles. That follows logically. Being all powerful includes the ability to do anything. Therefore, curing blindness would be possible for God, if he is indeed all-powerful.

I believe there is the old syllogism about Bible dipping:
(Judas) Then he went away and hanged himself
(Jesus to the lawyer) Go and do thou likewise
therefore you should hang yourself