• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is wrong: Peter or the Watchtower

djhwoodwerks

In the NWT of the WT, they have translated James 5:14 as follows,

James 5:14 (NWT) 14 Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders+ of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him+ in the name of Jehovah.* 15 And the prayer of faith will make the sick one* well.

They replaced the word Lord with Jehovah.

If I understand what they are implying here, is that, praying and applying oil in the name of Jehovah will heal the sick.

Peter made it clear that healing was in the name of Jesus, not Jehovah.

Act 3:5-6 (NWT) 5 So he fixed his attention on them, expecting to get something from them. 6 However, Peter said: “Silver and gold I do not possess, but what I do have is what I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, walk!

Act 4:8-10 (NWT) 8 Then Peter, filled with holy spirit,+ said to them: “Rulers of the people and elders, 9 if we are being examined today about a good deed to a crippled man,+ and you want to know who made this man well, 10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ,+ whom you executed on a stake+ but whom God raised up from the dead,+ by means of him this man stands here healthy in front of you.

Act 9:33-34 (NWT) 33 There he found a man named Ae·neʹas, who had been lying flat on his bed for eight years, for he was paralyzed. 34 Peter said to him: “Ae·neʹas, Jesus Christ heals you.+ Rise and make up your bed.”+ And he got up immediately.

Who is wrong here?