• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who is the founder of christianity Jesus or Paul ?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What kind of education can you possibly possess if you comprehensive skills are so poor you cannot tell the difference between,

Most scholars today conclude that Peter was not the author of the two epistles that are attributed to him and that they were written by two different authors

and

some scholars argue that there is not enough evidence to conclude that Peter did not write 1 Peter

Are you that desperate that you cannot tell the difference between Most scholars today and some scholars?

You have a master is what? dodging facts and lack of comprehension? And apologetic quote mining?

A minority of scholars have disagreed with this position and forwarded reasons in support of genuine Petrine authorship.

Do you have the intellect to tell the difference between majority and minority?????????????????????
Perhaps he does not know what "consensus" means?

godnotgod

Thou art That
You never will no matter how credible. YOU refuse facts, so there is no limit to what you will or will not accept.

Speaking of refusing facts, or not actually having any at all, are you yet ready to present factual evidence for your claim of a 1st Century Nazareth, or not?

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Perhaps he does not know what "consensus" means?

He said he is working on his doctorate in theology. I suspected someone with a masters would have a better vocabulary then mine.

I did not think it is honest to confuse "most and some" and "majority and minority" as equals.

outhouse

Atheistically
Ya, sorta like a 1st Century Nazareth, eh?

Sorry credible educated people find historicity in Nazareth.

Just because you follow a uneducated tinfoil hat wearing blogger down the trial means nothing.

Do you need lessons in majority and minority????????????

godnotgod

Thou art That
Sorry credible educated people find historicity in Nazareth.

Just because you follow a uneducated tinfoil hat wearing blogger down the trial means nothing.

Do you need lessons in majority and minority????????????

Do you need lessons in the simple presentation of real evidence? So far, zilch. Put up or....!

...so where is the evidence of these 'credible educated people'? Where are the ruins of the town of 1st Century Nazareth?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What kind of education can you possibly possess if you comprehensive skills are so poor you cannot tell the difference between,

Most scholars today conclude that Peter was not the author of the two epistles that are attributed to him and that they were written by two different authors

and

some scholars argue that there is not enough evidence to conclude that Peter did not write 1 Peter

Are you that desperate that you cannot tell the difference between Most scholars today and some scholars?

You have a master is what? dodging facts and lack of comprehension? And apologetic quote mining?

A minority of scholars have disagreed with this position and forwarded reasons in support of genuine Petrine authorship.

Do you have the intellect to tell the difference between majority and minority?????????????????????

ROFL... you have just proved my point. YOU are the fundamentalist!

You say it is I that throws out supported documentation and that I don't document anything. So I quoted your material that is documented and what did you do? Throw it out!

What part of " there is not enough evidence to conclude that Peter did not write 1 Peter." do you not understand?

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you need lessons in the simple presentation of real evidence? So far, zilch. Put up or....!

...so where is the evidence of these 'credible educated people'? Where are the ruins of the town of 1st Century Nazareth?
great post

Location | Nazareth Village

It doesn't matter... there is no convincing of fundamentalists no matter what evidence you show.

This is the method of the moving goal post.

First he is in the category of "King David was a myth" but then "OOPS" archaeology found support of the King David in a signet. So you move the goalpost

Then its "He wasn't as important as they say" but then archaeology discovers a reference to the "House of David" in the far reaches of the section of Dan. So... move the goalpost.

"HUMPH! WELL... there is no evidence of a nomadic Abraham" Of course, forget that Abraham, as a nomadic group, never built a city, never created a monument and forget that they believe that there is a tomb of Abraham. Creating your own impossibility is the only recourse and Abraham is his best bet.

However, he must first throw out any reference in historical documentation and existing tombs.

Tombs of the Patriarchs « See The Holy Land

So, so as not to move the goal post... just attack the posters. MofO.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
ROFL... you have just proved my point. YOU are the fundamentalist!

You say it is I that throws out supported documentation and that I don't document anything. So I quoted your material that is documented and what did you do? Throw it out!

What part of " there is not enough evidence to conclude that Peter did not write 1 Peter." do you not understand?

and

outhouse

Atheistically
This is the method of the moving goal post.

That is what your excellent at.

But your biggest problem is complete lack of comprehensive skills.

Abraham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the beginning of the 21st century, archaeologists had "given up hope of recovering any context that would make Abraham, Isaac or Jacob credible 'historical figures'".

Thompson's argument, based on archaeology and ancient texts, was that no compelling evidence pointed to the patriarchs living in the 2nd millennium and that the biblical texts reflected first millennium conditions and concerns; Van Seters, basing himself on an examination of the patriarchal stories, agreed with Thompson that their names, social milieu and messages strongly suggested that they were Iron Age creations

At some stage the oral traditions became part of the written tradition of the Pentateuch; a majority of scholars believes this stage belongs to the Persian period, roughly 520–320 BCE

The conclusion to be inferred from this and similar evidence (e.g., Ezra-Nehemiah), is that the figure of Abraham must have been preeminent among the great landowners of Judah at the time of the Exile and after, serving to support their claims to the land in opposition to those of the returning exiles.[17]

jonathan180iq

Here I am, just waiting for a response my post...

1378785502933.gif

atpollard

outhouse

Atheistically
It is great for many things, but unbiased theological truth is not one of them.

Why is it biased?

It is the Atheist equivalent of a Christian quoting a Young Earth website as authoritative proof.

Why is it not credible?

Each statement is sourced to a credible professor or historian.

I also happen to know one of the chief editors/contributors, and happen to now he is a genius who is the most well read person I have ever met, that can recall all the information on the tip of his tongue.

atpollard

What's the earliest physical evidence of Judaism?
I don't want you to cite the time period the Bible suggests certain events happened in. I'm asking for the absolute earliest credible and substantial evidence of Israel or of Judaism in antiquity.
If there is no evidence for something having existed before a certain period, then it is not fair to hold someone's feet to the fire who says absolutely that it was so?
I'll even give you a couple hundred years of leniency even, seeing as how things to evolve and adapt over time and the mention of something somewhat implies that it existed before mention.
Using those guidelines, again, what's the earliest reference to Israel outside of the Bible?
I have no idea, but didn't want to leave you hanging.
Could you help me understand what you are expecting by answering a similar question?

What's the earliest physical evidence of the Hittites?
I was told (which could be right or wrong) that there is no mention of the Hittite Empire outside of the Bible.
They were believed a myth before archaeology discovered their ancient iron rimmed chariot wheels.

Taking the Abraham story at face value (not the details, just the basic 'some guy left Mesopotamia and became a nomad') ... what sort of evidence might we find?
Up until King David's time (taking your hundred year give or take), the most important public building was reported to be a tent.
I believe that there are coins and inscriptions of King David ... I have no idea on the dates (or how one dates a coin or stone).

Like I said, I am not an expert.
I am probably not even an interested amateur archaeologist.
I might qualify as a disinterested hack. :)

... but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you believe all mythology???

The Exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Exodus (from Greek ἔξοδος exodos, "going out") is founding myth of Israel;
You really make me smile. I'm not sure what exactly it is that causes you to be so offensive in your presentation. Perhaps something about your past experience? Or maybe just plain fear. Whatever it is, it makes communication impossible. :rolleyes:

And the answer to your question about mythology is "Do you not believe in any history???"