• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Jesus?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
THAT may be the only smart thing they every did . . . what a bloody, evil, mess that OT is! :eek:
Sooo, what you're saying is that Jesus said: Keep the OT, then Christians said: Darn, it's too hard, we have no idea how those Jews do it and we don't want to ask them, so we won't do it. Is that it?

rrobs

Sure.

In this hypothetical, I think it would depend which sort of Christian I was.

There are denominations that proclaim Jesus as God and some that proclaim that he definitely is not God. Presumably, I would have chosen my denomination based on whether I accept its belief system.
Sounds logical. Thanks!

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Sooo, what you're saying is that Jesus said: Keep the OT, then Christians said: Darn, it's too hard, we have no idea how those Jews do it and we don't want to ask them, so we won't do it. Is that it?
More along the lines of; 'wow, that murderous, vile, jealous, god of the OT cannot possibly be our warm and fluffy god of the NT . . . so kids, don't look at the OT stuff, it'll give you nightmares.

rrobs

No. The NT defines Christianity. Jews are aligned only with what Christians call the OT.
I understand. Still, Trinitarians claim that both the NT & OT say Jesus is God. My understanding is that Jews (for the most part) would never say that. True?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
More along the lines of; 'wow, that murderous, vile, jealous, god of the OT cannot possibly be our warm and fluffy god of the NT . . . so kids, don't look at the OT stuff, it'll give you nightmares.
So for what purpose did you previously write this:
However, Jesus is stated in the NT that all of the OT must be followed and not one word changed.
?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand. Still, Trinitarians claim that both the NT & OT say Jesus is God. My understanding is that Jews (for the most part) would never say that. True?
Yes. The only Jews who would say that are converts to Christianity and maybe some sects of Messianic Judaism.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You'll have to put it in context to whose post I was replying to. Just because I post something doesn't necessarily mean I condone or condemn it.
You were replying to my post...on this thread...just a few minutes ago..!

rrobs

Yes. The only Jews who would say that are converts to Christianity and maybe some sects of Messianic Judaism.
It seems that the Jews who first accepted Jesus did not think he was God. That idea didn't enter the picture until the Gentiles were converted and brought their Platonic ideas with them. At least that's the conclusion I've come to after studying the matter.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems that the Jews who first accepted Jesus did not think he was God. That idea didn't enter the picture until the Gentiles were converted and brought their Platonic ideas with them. At least that's the conclusion I've come to after studying the matter.
Yeah, seems so. All of that Council of Nicea stuff.