• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Has the Best Hell?

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Vulpinism has the best Hell.

Our NCDE (non-copyrighted Devil equivalent) is a massive piebald draught horse who unceremoniously removes people's hair and replaces it with wheat grass. Sounds terrifying? IT IS!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
The Latter Day Saints have by far the best Hell......only a very few of the truly wicked end up there such as Jar Jar Binks and Michael Jackson.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Buttercup said:
The Latter Day Saints have by far the best Hell......only a very few of the truly wicked end up there such as Jar Jar Binks and Michael Jackson.

Yeah, I rather like the LDS notion of hell. Bless them! May there never be holes in their trampolines!

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:

:biglaugh:

Jar Jar Binks? He is annoying, do you really think he deserves outer darkness? :p

Kay

Towards the Sun
Sunstone said:
Which religion has the best hell? Why?

I'm particulary fond of Dante's version of Hell. No one size fits all fire roasting for him, nope. Each deadly sin gets it's own punishment, especially taylored to fit the crime. :rolleyes:

Ozzie

Sunstone said:

Not sure if it is the "best" but Buddhist hell (craving and aversion) is the most immediate, and the only one that is tangible IMO. Some of the cravings are the nicest hells imaginable if you can avoid addiction (sex, beer etc).

Random

Sunstone said:

The Buddhist Hell is the most acurately described, I feel: it is a place where the tendenceies of Strength, Jealousy, Agression, Combat and Rationality are paramount but having established that ALL states of being except Nirvana are transitory and impermanent, the Hell that is suffered is likewise not forever. Karma binds one there and having expunged that negative energy one is freed from Hell.

Given the encyclical nature of all things, it makes the most sense.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
What is the critera for the "best"? Which one I would prefer to go to, or which one has the coolest punishments, or which one is the most "just"?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
MaddLlama said:
What is the critera for the "best"? Which one I would prefer to go to, or which one has the coolest punishments, or which one is the most "just"?

I was leaving the meaning of "best" up to the reader to decide in the hope that I would get a variety of "bests".

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sunstone said:
Mormonism has the worst Hell because everybody there will be so lonely. Everybody else will be in Heaven.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Dante's makes for the best reading. ;)

I rather like some of the Zoroastrian descriptions, though, even if some of them are told from a complely MALE point of view.

One is, you cross a bridge into the next life, and there's a female figure on the other side to welcome you. As you get closer, you get to find out what your fate for Eternity is. If you've been a good little boy, you get a greeter who's the Heavenly equivalent of Angelina Jolie. If not, as you get closer you find out you get a toothless hag with a bad case of Cooper's droop. :eek:

I'm not sure what the women get. Maybe it doesn't matter, since we don't have souls anyway. :sarcastic

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Whoohooo! *dances happily* I have no soul!

I'm thinking that, if I believed in a hell, it would be a place where you could go on a daypass from heaven and play paintball. (I, as befitting the blessing that MaddLlama recently gave me, will be equipped with lasers.)

adilrockstar

Sunstone said:

The Mormon people, since they don't believe any of us will go to Hell. With this type of belief system you can pretty much live your life however you would like, even murder and rape, and you will go to heaven, just not have as many blessings there.

I however do not agree.

God Bless

Adil

Bishka

Veteran Member
adilrockstar said:
The Mormon people, since they don't believe any of us will go to Hell. With this type of belief system you can pretty much live your life however you would like, even murder and rape, and you will go to heaven, just not have as many blessings there.

I however do not agree.

God Bless

Adil
Another completley false twist of our doctrine.

No, we cannot murder, rape, etc., that is against the commandments. We believe in the atonement, repentence and forgiveness, just as every other Christian denomination does. We believe that there are punishements for those crimes, and that each individual person will be dealt with, according to God's justice, we, at this time cannot know how He will treat everyone.