• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who gave Jesus all authority in Heaven and Earth?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What can I hear the Spirit of Truth say this morning?

Matthew 18:7

"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!

And these nice men are trying so hard to explain that it is me.

I should say thank you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did God change His mind about what "disciple" means?

Maybe those posts of yours will answer that question!
Look at it like a worldly person looks at fashion. Fashion trends are created by who knows who and then it spreads and then it goes away and is replaced by another trend and the same thing happens over and over again.

A disciple is someone who "puts on Christ". Ephesians 4:24; Colossians 3:10-14; Galatians 3:27

When a person puts on Christ he or she becomes a walking advertisement for Christ. If he or she continues with Him, learning from Him, he or she will be blessed. The New World Translation Bible calls blessed "happy". People are created to want to be happy. A person who endures in Christ proves that a person can be happy without succumbing to the temptations of the world.

The happy person can be imitated. Please listen. The imitations are not true disciples until they put on Christ for real. Though God never says the imitations are not worthy of blessings so they are blessed along with the Body of Christ.

The more disciples and imitators there are, the more righteousness grows like fashion grows on people's consciousnesses. But unlike fashion, the new creation in Christ stays the same. It doesn't change. The Law keeps it constant.

So a disciple IS someone who is taught by Christ and by his being taught by Christ he is also teaching Christ by his TRUE new self.

You are "teaching" me that I am confused. I think I am not confused.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

Are you refusing the definition that a disciple is someone who is taught by Christ Jesus and in turn teaches others like Jesus would if he was still a human man here with us?

Yes, I am refusing that definition.

How we are taught,

John 14:26 (ASV) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

Not everyone is meant to teach,

1 Corinthians 12:28-29 (ASV) 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, divers kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

How we are to make disciples,

Matthew 5:15-16 (ASV) Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

djhwoodwerks

What can I hear the Spirit of Truth say this morning?

Matthew 18:7

"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!

And these nice men are trying so hard to explain that it is me.

I should say thank you.

You're welcome!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I am refusing that definition.

How we are taught,

John 14:26 (ASV) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

I think what you are saying is that the comforter is not Jesus.

Luke 4:8 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.

Isaiah 12:1 In that day you will say: "I will praise you, LORD. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me.

Isaiah 42:1 Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

I think you are saying that all these are NOT about Jesus Christ and by saying so I hear you say that he is NOT resurrected.

Am I right? (Please don't ignore the real questions).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How we are to make disciples,

Matthew 5:15-16 (ASV) Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

How we are to make BE disciples,

Matthew 5:15-16 (ASV) Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it most important to make a disciple or to be a disciple?

If to be a disciple is more important, then why does Jesus Christ skip that step?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Haha. A picture comes to mind by your using Matthew 5:15-16 to prove your point that Jesus means for us to be making disciples.

The lamp describes a disciple. To make a disciple means to put someone else up on the table. Haha

Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven

Haha. Another ADDED meaning. How does it feel to be unable to correct him who added "men" there. LOL because he is dead.

The one who changed scripture from "nor light a lamp to be put under a basket"

to "neither do men light a lamp to be put under a basket" is dead.

I am sure GOD is the lamplighter. MEN are they that put God's lights under a basket.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Haha. A picture comes to mind by your using Matthew 5:15-16 to prove your point that Jesus means for us to be making disciples.

The lamp describes a disciple. To make a disciple means to put someone else up on the table. Haha

Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven

Haha. Another ADDED meaning. How does it feel to be unable to correct him who added "men" there. LOL because he is dead.

The one who changed scripture from "nor light a lamp to be put under a basket"

to "neither do men light a lamp to be put under a basket" is dead.

I am sure GOD is the lamplighter. MEN are they that put God's lights under a basket.

YOU, not me, have changed the fact that God is the light because you say men are they who light it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
299BBD4B00000578-3123462-image-a-7_1434281691738.jpg

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The light is not lit to be put under a basket.

By whom is the person lighted? @djhwoodwerks seems to think he is the lighter of lights.

And nobody else cares that the Bible AS IS agrees with him.

SOS

djhwoodwerks

I think what you are saying is that the comforter is not Jesus.

Luke 4:8 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.

Isaiah 12:1 In that day you will say: "I will praise you, LORD. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me.

Isaiah 42:1 Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

I think you are saying that all these are NOT about Jesus Christ and by saying so I hear you say that he is NOT resurrected.

Am I right? (Please don't ignore the real questions).

I don't know what any of that has to do with the Holy Spirit being our teacher. Old habits die hard, don't they? That post is a typical witness distraction! I provided a verse that says the Holy Spirit is our teacher, which was the content of what we are discussing, and you pick out the word "comforter" and start a whole new discussion about that. Let's stick to one topic at a time please, being a disciple!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Let's get back to being a disciple! Enough with the sidetracking!!
A disciple is someone who believes in Jesus, his resurrection, and his righteousness.
A disciple is one who is taught BY HIM. The reason why it is possible to be taught by him is because he is resurrected. YOU say, "no, Jesus is not the teacher. The Holy Spirit is the teacher".
Isn't that what you are saying?

djhwoodwerks

Matthew 5:15-16 Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

YOU, not me, have changed the fact that God is the light because you say men are they who light it.

You just can't let go of the witness mind set can you? You are still a witness at heart!! PLEASE tell me what I highlighted in my post, and then explain why you have said what you said.

djhwoodwerks

A disciple is someone who believes in Jesus, his resurrection, and his righteousness.
A disciple is one who is taught BY HIM. The reason why it is possible to be taught by him is because he is resurrected. YOU say, "no, Jesus is not the teacher. The Holy Spirit is the teacher".
Isn't that what you are saying?

No, that's not what I said, it's what the Bible says, I'm just quoting it!!!

John 14:26 (ESV Strong's) 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You just can't let go of the witness mind set can you? You are still a witness at heart!! PLEASE tell me what I highlighted in my post, and then explain why you have said what you said.
God gives us light and each one who receives light is being taught to let it shine. Some people have not learned to let God's light shine and so Matthew 5:15-16 was written for them.