• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who dies?

Viswa

You know 'what exists' through science - 'physical energy'.

'what exists' through?? :D

S
Pleasures are part of life, if they do not go against 'dharma'.
'Dharma' as society understands it. Cannot manufacture my own special 'dharma'.
Though I am 80, I have to care for my wife. She was feeling a little low today. I can't leave her in her old age after being together for >55 years.
Taking care of grandchildren if required by children is a 'dharma'.
We should be practical in Vyavaharika. :)

Oh..... Everyone has a secured ideal for what one does, but God knows whether the ideal is 'right' and 'rightly understood'. Irresponsibility of Parents to Children's (Father earning more more more money, and sending their wife to earn more more more instead of taking care of homely affairs) is never a dharma of the Grandparents, I feel. More money does not equals to responsibility, however security it might give.

If wife does not feel well, leaving her to take care by son would be better I feel (Dharma might not offend this I feel). Maybe time knows??

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Differ with you on both points. BhagawadGita says:
"jñeyaḥ sa nitya-sannyāsī, yo na dveṣṭi na kāṅkṣati;
nirdvandvo hi mahā-bāho, sukhaṁ bandhāt pramucyate."

Know him (her) as ever renounced, one who neither hates nor desires, O mighty-armed Arjuna, free from all dualities, such a person overcomes material bondage and is liberated easily.
Bg. 5.3

Good night.

Viswa

Differ with you on both points. BhagawadGita says:
"jñeyaḥ sa nitya-sannyāsī, yo na dveṣṭi na kāṅkṣati;
nirdvandvo hi mahā-bāho, sukhaṁ bandhāt pramucyate."

Know him (her) as ever renounced, one who neither hates nor desires, O mighty-armed Arjuna, free from all dualities, such a person overcomes material bondage and is liberated easily.
Bg. 5.3

Good night.

It's very hard to draw the line to separate 'desires' from 'dharma'. Isn't it sir??
Or very easy but hard to practice, so safe to include everything within 'dharma'??.... I don't know.

Sweet dreams, sir.... :hugehug:

Viswa

:) Yeah, life is 'dharma', from birth to death.

'Dharma' does not exclude Ascetic, I feel. ;)
Even Vedanta/Upanishads, speaks more about Ascetic and it's manners/importance....

Maybe Vedas are given importance by negating Vedanta (it is normal for a person who is much inclined to desires, but an Advaitin/Vedantin being that way, maybe pleasure for intellectual vedantic knowledge but not wholly into it - just for fun)??