• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are your favorite US Presidents?

Who are your favorite Presidents?

• Thomas Jefferson

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • James Knox Polk

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Herbert Clark Hoover

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt

• Ronald Wilson Reagan

• William Jefferson Clinton

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • George Washington

• Total voters

DreamQuickBook

Maize said:
NOT G.W. Bush or Andrew Jackson... the others I have no strong opinion about either way. :)

The only Presidents I really hated were Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, FDR & Carter.

G.W. Bush is questionable. As much as I dislike him and his presidency, he saved me from Gore and Kerry.

turk179

I smell something....
Hard to pick between Reagan and Clinton:banghead3 . Had to pick one of them so I picked Clinton. Although it is a toss up for me.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Jocose said:
The only Presidents I really hated were Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, FDR & Carter.
Wow, hate is a pretty strong word. Besides, how could you hate somone when you never even lived in their time, let alone knew personally? (i.e. FDR, Lincoln and Jackson)
And how could you not like Lincoln? The man who held a country together during its most difficult time and the man who took the first steps nationally to end slavery?

DreamQuickBook

EEWRED said:
Wow, hate is a pretty strong word. Besides, how could you hate somone when you never even lived in their time, let alone knew personally? (i.e. FDR, Lincoln and Jackson)
And how could you not like Lincoln? The man who held a country together during its most difficult time and the man who took the first steps nationally to end slavery?

"Hate" as in strongly dislike, etc. etc. I don't have any opinion about these men as individuals. Chances are I would have liked them as people. I'm talking about their presidencies and administrations. Lincoln and FDR are responsible for destroying domestic liberty through unprecedented increases in federal power. I think Carter and Jackson speak for themselves. These guys were just incompetent.

Faminedynasty

EEWRED said:
I vote for the man who did the most to end communism.....President Ronald Wilson Reagan!!!!
Actually, I think Osama Bin Laden had more to do with the end of the USSR than Reagan, but then, the afghan fighters were armed and funded by us.

Faminedynasty

You know, when it comes down to it, the presidency is an office of so much power that they all seem to have drastic failures at one point or another.
But that said, as far as Presidents go, I'm reasonably fond of Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Clinton.

DreamQuickBook

Natas said:
Yes, FDR, JFK, and Clinton are my personal favorites.

That is interesting. JFK and Clinton are so much different than FDR. Hard to imagine what they all have in common (I totally agree with JFK and Clinton. I think they were both great; just can't understand FDR).

Lintu

I'm a big fan of William Henry Harrison, myself.

Just kidding...I guess I don't really know any presidents that I liked so much I could call myself a big fan or anything, but I'd have to say I really liked Clinton. A friend of mine ran into him at a barber shop a few weeks ago!

I can't really think of a president who was hands-off enough to get my thumbs up...

Natas

Jocose said:
That is interesting. JFK and Clinton are so much different than FDR. Hard to imagine what they all have in common (I totally agree with JFK and Clinton. I think they were both great; just can't understand FDR).
Well, FDR was far from perfect, but I like him because he came into the White house during our country's great depression and gave hope to the people again. He told them, "[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans serif]The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". [/font][/font]He fought against a crippling disease (Polio), and ended up serving 4 terms as president. Along the way he started Social security, the United Nations, and a lot of other good things. So yes, I do admire the guy, and I think he fits right in with Clinton and JFK, or I should say, they fit right in with him.[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans serif]
[/font]
[/font]

DreamQuickBook

Natas said:
Well, FDR was far from perfect, but I like him because he came into the White house during our country's great depression and gave hope to the people again. He told them, "[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans serif]The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". [/font][/font]He fought against a crippling disease (Polio), and ended up serving 4 terms as president. Along the way he started Social security, the United Nations, and a lot of other good things. So yes, I do admire the guy, and I think he fits right in with Clinton and JFK, or I should say, they fit right in with him.[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans serif]
[/font]
[/font]

I don't know about that. JFK was a fiscal conservative that believed in Tax-Cuts. e said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Now democrats are sitting around saying, "Show me the money!" President Clinton balanced the Budget and got millions off of welfare. FDR created the foundations of the welfare state, applied his own Marxist agenda and served more terms than he should have; FDR crippled economic freedom the way lincoln crippled State Liberties. We owe almost all of our taxes to FDR. I don't know. One of the worst presidents I can remember. Lincoln and FDR represent Government over people, while JFK and Clinton represent people over government.

Natas

Jocose said:
I don't know about that. JFK was a fiscal conservative that believed in Tax-Cuts. e said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Now democrats are sitting around saying, "Show me the money!" President Clinton balanced the Budget and got millions off of welfare. FDR created the foundations of the welfare state, applied his own Marxist agenda and served more terms than he should have; FDR crippled economic freedom the way lincoln crippled State Liberties. We owe almost all of our taxes to FDR. I don't know. One of the worst presidents I can remember. Lincoln and FDR represent Government over people, while JFK and Clinton represent people over government.
Well, I was just answering the question, but if you want to take exception to my personal picks, that's your right. However; I want to point out I did preface my last post with, "FDR was far from perfect". By the way, you state, "...and served more terms than he should have...". FDR was elected to those four terms, not selected by the Supreme court or any other method. Is your implication then that he somehow served illegally, or was that merely a personal proclamation?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
You missed the ONLY president with %100 honor in our lifetime: Gerald Ford. He would get my vote as being the best.

William Henry Harrison.
In his 31 days in office, he hadn't the opportunity to do much damage. :)

I put my vote in for Jefferson, despite his personal flaws and ignorant Native American policies. His emphasis on liberty, social justice and economic opportunity should be more a model of the modern presidency rather than the jackson-democrat model so popular these days.

I'm also keenly interested in his views on Jesus and in his pursuit of understanding Jesus as the "eminent ethicist."