• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
I don't know of any characteristics about me that I like. I try to avoid finding things I like about myself so I don't become arrogant, though it doesn't always work. Overall, I am disgusted with myself.
This is such a typical answer from you that it busted me up, girl! Sheeesh. Ok, how about I list five great traits of yours then ok? No arguing either. If you aint gonna put out, then shut up! :p Feel free to add your own. These are just my personal favorites.

1. You're funny as hell (and I just know some how, some way you are related to Don Rickles)
2. You're Smart
3. You have an artistic nature whether you believe it or not!
4. You're compassionate
5. You are politically aware

And you were absolutely right about not being able to describe anything with two or five words so I changed the OP. Hopefully it's worded better now.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
In five words, describe separate characteristics about yourself that you like best and how you manifest those attributes in everyday life.
Compassion
Empathy
Kindness
Imagination
Tigress (to be explained later)

Awww Feathers. You shouldn't be afraid of that little Tigress cub within! If you don't let her come out and show herself off every once in awhile she will withdraw and make all those other great attributes not want to shine as beautifully as they do.

As a woman, it's a difficult feat for sweet natured people to show that they have decisive want and needs and to allow yourself to let others know that firmly. You are used to having all those sweet traits noticed so often that you are afraid to let out an emotion that is different for fear you won't be liked for showing it. Kind natured people fear terribly the notion of being thought a "B" or difficult to get along with. But, for your OWN well being I think you know you have to let her out sometimes. And the more you practice letting her out of her cage, the better you will get at diplomatically letting the Tigress voice explain the way things are. It is truly possible to be firm where you need to be and still be the sweetest person on earth that you are. You owe it to yourself.

PS.....sorry if this sounds in any way condescending. I am not meaning it to be in the least. :)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
Chris...

I am really surprised that you view yourself as unapproachable. Do you really? I think of you as exceptionally friendly, even when you aren't well acquainted with someone. Is it much easier online for you to be friendly than in person? Sorry, don't mean to sound like a psych here...but you are probably seeing yourself in a much harsher light than others would AND as you get older you will find it gets MUCH easier to just be yourself around strangers.
No I've been told outright at every job I've worked, women find me unnapproachable.

I think it's cos I'm physically pretty large and don't smile or talk a whole hell of a lot in real life. Not too trusting of my own tongue ;)

standing_alone

Buttercup said:
If you aint gonna put out, then shut up! :p

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should add this to the (ever-growing) list of characteristics I hate about myself. :p

Buttercup said:
(and I just know some how, some way you are related to Don Rickles)

I really need to look this Don Rickles guy up. I still have no idea who he is.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Part One:

List five separate characteristics about yourself that you like best and how you manifest those attributes in everyday life.

1. Friendlyness (I don't know how to spell it). I try to be friendly to everyone I meet.
2 . Gratitude. This place a huge part in my life, I say thank you for every little thing, even if someone just gave me frubals. I try to thank everyone for their contributions to the world in general and to my life.
3. Happiness - I try to be happy in all that I do.
4. Openess - I try to be open, because I've noticed it helps others to be more open and relaxed.
5. Silliness - I like being silly, it helps others to not be so uptight!

Is it easy for you to show these characteristics to others?
sometimes

Why do you like these characteristics about yourself?
Because it makes me, me.

Did you have to work hard to develop these characteristics?

Um, I don't know.

Do you receive compliments on these characteristics often? Is that why you favor them or is it for their inherent goodness in general that you favor them? Or both reasons?

Sometimes. I like them, because I am who I am because of them, and I like myself (most of the time)

Part Two:

List two separate characteristics about yourself that you like least and how you manifest those attributes in daily life or sometimes in life.

Impatience - I think this is pretty self-explanatory
My ability to not be able to talk coherently - I screw up words, have weird similies and phrases

Do you have to work hard to suppress these attributes?

No

Are you actively working to change these characteristics or are you trying to forget you have them?

No

Why do you dislike these characteristics about yourself?

Because I feel like people look down on me because of it