• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the real terrorists???

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe USA trying to strangle every country that disagree with them? And this result in they create tention in other countries, and they spread fear

wellwisher

Terrorism, in general, attempts to induce fear within people. Fear is connected to the fight-fight response, and to the chemical adrenaline. Adrenaline gets the body pumped and ready for action. It also causes time to slow. This is useful for animal survival. It gets the body ready for drastic action, and allows the animal to make quick decisions; in a very short time.

The animal gets a boost of adrenaline for just long enough too act, then this shuts off. It is a powerful chemical not designed to linger more than needed. Humans have willpower and choice and can reinforce the fear and adrenaline with memory, causing the body and mind affects of adrenaline to linger longer than natural.

The problem for humans is, lingering animated affects, induced by adrenaline, can lead to physical and psychological problems is if this was to persist. Also, the quick fix decisions, to appease the adrenalin, are not always thought through, and can lead to other problems down the line. The animal escaping, may require he jump off ledge. This may offer escaper but may lead to other injuries.

The term terrorism is usually associated with using graphic physical force to induce natural fear via the sensory systems. A bomb explosion will trigger fear and adrenaline and cause the fight and flight reaction. This is the easiest way to induce adrenaline. The anticipation of a future threat is designed to linger the adrenaline.

A terror/adrenaline induction can also be done via a psychological induction. The goal is still adrenaline, leading to stress and the need for quick fix solutions, that are not thought through, but which promise to shut off the adrenaline.

As an example of psychological terrorism, leading to lingering adrenaline and then quick fix solutions, all wrapped into one organized induction, is to considered when President Trump was first elected. The psychological bomb used was he was equated to the Anti-Christ, to Hitler, to Russian collusion, all with his finger on the nuclear button. This was a big psychological time bomb, that was ticking, that struck fear and induced adrenaline in many people. The quick fix was not wait until 2020, but he had to be impeached, now; psychological terrorism 1.0.

America has a lot of skilled people whose job is fake news, marketing and propaganda. Often these skills are used to induce adrenaline as a way to quick sell soap. If there is a scary event; airline crash or national disaster, where people die, the News will dwell on this for days. They will fan the fires of fear, with the quick fix solution, being to stay tuned for more information; to appease fear. In the mean time, they sell soap and other merchandise; quick fix overlap.

In American elections, part of the ritual is for each side to terrorize their own base. One side is accused of kicking kicking granny out of her house, while the side accused of 99% taxes. The quick fix solution is to vote for your own party, since they promise to fix this and make you whole.

Mud slinging is also part of the election psychological terrorism. If you use mud, real or not, the muddy person becomes a ticking time bomb. He/she needs the bomb squad to appear, so we can isolate and move them to a safe place for detonation.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Terrorist is just a word

Life has always been a struggle for survival, to preserve ones reality sometimes there are things one has to do to preserve that reality. Which side of the fence you are on defines who is the enemy, that may not be acceptable to some but just as there is much beauty in nature there is also harshness, suffering, and death. To embrace the reality of both aspects is full humanity, the ability to be moral, loving, and kind but also capable of exercising the primordial instinct to kill if necessary is to be at one with the cosmic order of things.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
"According to The New York Times, top C.I.A. and Pentagon officials argued against designating the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization, saying it will “allow hard-line Iranian officials to justify deadly operations against Americans overseas, especially Special operations units and paramilitary units working under the C.I.A.”

--VanityFair

Stanyon

WWMRD?
both of you aren't liberals and you're reported

For what?
I have sufficient privileges to post in this thread just as any other self proclaimed liberal and I have broken no rules.
For the record if you need an identifier I am a progressive liberal.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The USA certainly provokes both opposition and terrorism with its trade embargoes.ad military adventures.
It even forces its "Friends" to follow suit, by threatening to stop trading with companies unless they comply.
Most of the Venezuelan problems are down to American trade restrictions and embargoes. rather than internal problems.
If they could sell their oil they would have few problems.
America even threatens friends like the UK against trading with Chinese and other companies.
This is not how friendly countries should treat each other.

I rather doubt there is any country in the world that now trusts the USA.
Many people and countries that can make alternative arrangements to avoid trading with the USA are now actively doing so.
In most fields there is little advantage in buying products and services from the USA anyway.
Many American food products are banned because they fail international or local health standards.
Many of the most successful American products are either assembled or the components obtained in the east and far east.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
"According to The New York Times, top C.I.A. and Pentagon officials argued against designating the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization, saying it will “allow hard-line Iranian officials to justify deadly operations against Americans overseas, especially Special operations units and paramilitary units working under the C.I.A.”

--VanityFair

Any nation is within it's equal right to fight against subversion to protect it's citizens and interests. If the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence were actively working against the U.S. within U.S. borders I would fully expect and want retaliation.

This is the same Iran that threatened repeatedly to nuke Israel off the map correct?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Terrorist is just a word

Life has always been a struggle for survival, to preserve ones reality sometimes there are things one has to do to preserve that reality. Which side of the fence you are on defines who is the enemy, that may not be acceptable to some but just as there is much beauty in nature there is also harshness, suffering, and death. To embrace the reality of both aspects is full humanity, the ability to be moral, loving, and kind but also capable of exercising the primordial instinct to kill if necessary is to be at one with the cosmic order of things.
"3000 died on 9/11" is just a string of words. How does this relate to the OP?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Any nation is within it's equal right to fight against subversion to protect it's citizens and interests. If the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence were actively working against the U.S. within U.S. borders I would fully expect and want retaliation.

This is the same Iran that threatened repeatedly to nuke Israel off the map correct?
I hear you. It's a good question. I don't know if it is the same Iran. But I will research it; thank you for bringing it to my attention.

My reason for posting the quote is this:

I want to know:
  1. Was President Trump acting in the best interests of the Country?
  2. Was the decision to designate the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization fact-based or politics based?
  3. What are the reasons that CIA and Pentagon officials argued against it?
  4. What are the reasons members of President Trump's administration and advisers argued in favor or it?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
"3000 died on 9/11" is just a string of words. How does this relate to the OP?

I said terrorist is just a word and I explained why I believe that. It seems it depends on which side of the fences one is on as to who is right and who is wrong, the American revolutionaries were most likely considered terrorists by the British for example. I never said there couldn't or shouldn't be retaliation if it seems to protect the citizens or interests, it's just the natural cycle.

As far as 9/11 is concerned since I live in the U.S. I consider it a terrorist act, in the M.E. there were many who saw it as a legitimate form of warfare and celebrated the death and destruction.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Terrorism, in general, attempts to induce fear within people.

That's the basis of it. And it's illustrated by Trump's continual use of verbal terrorist tactics including enabling violence.

In American elections, part of the ritual is for each side to terrorize their own base.

One of the reasons Lincoln was such a great President is that he appealed otherwise:

“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”

One of the reasons Barack Obama is a great man though hemmed in by "no" mongers is illustrated by this speach:

"Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.

"Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a conservative America; there's the United States of America.

"There's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America.

"The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue States: red states for Republicans, blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states.

"We coach little league in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states.

"There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq, and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq.

"We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America."

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Obama made some bad decisions on foreign policy. I would say that, not as bad as Bush, but bad nonetheless.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
When I brought up America as a state sponsor of terrorism, I wasn't just referring to Trump.