• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

• My religion's God is the most superior.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • All the different Gods from different religions is all equally superior.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I've no answer for this question but would like to know the true answer.

• I've no answer for this question and have no interests to know the true answer.

• It's impossible to know which religion's God is the most superior.

• Other answer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No any religion's God is more superior than any other religion's God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Different religion/belief/believer will have different answer, because their standard for God vary.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Some believer may say their belief in their god's existence maybe is accepted as natural(nature as it's easy that first they have faith and then their god enlightening them their god's existence), and they think this belief is personally important to themself but also important to others non-believer,

Some do say that. It is very odd that they do, IMO.

and they may say it's because they sincerely desirable for their god's to help them that make them believe in their god first which then make their God enlighten them their god's existence, and their belief in their god's existence then become reliable.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.

Pudding

Some do say that. It is very odd that they do, IMO.
Yes, their reason is unconvincing because maybe when i can't repricate their experience they'll say it's because i'm not sincerely enough and say it's my fault.
Plus i'm not willing to do so, if every religion tell me to try to sincerely to believe in their God for then i can know their God's existence, how many time i should spend on trying all their religion? Plus it's not my obligation to must try their religion or every religion.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.
Pudding said:
...and they may say it's because they sincerely desirable for their god's to help them that make them believe in their god first which then make their God enlighten them their god's existence, and their belief in their god's existence then become reliable.
I'm not sure I understand this question, but I do know that I don't think it is ever better to rely on belief in god's existence. Such a belief is something to be accepted as natural, sometimes as personally important, never as desirable or reliable.
What do you mean "Such a belief is something... never as desirable or reliable" ?

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I mean that some people will believe in the supernatural, often including some sort of afterlife and/or deity. But we should not seek such a belief, nor trust it. It is something to be accepted with the best available peace, but never pursued.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The only one that I can possibly know is the one within me, the one I talk to, the one that I truly am, all other god's are someone else's god.

arthra

Baha'i

"the most superior" is define as:
- the most special and unique
- the most morally correct
- the most real in the existence
- the most powerful in ability to do anything
- the most benevolent
- the most perfect and have no flaw

If you have a different definition for "the most superior", you can revise it to fit your situation.
(Edit)

All the religions of God have essentially the same spiritual truths and spiritual origin:

"The gift of God to this enlightened age is the knowledge of the oneness of mankind and of the fundamental oneness of religion."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 19

psychoslice

Veteran Member
All the religions of God have essentially the same spiritual truths and spiritual origin:

"The gift of God to this enlightened age is the knowledge of the oneness of mankind and of the fundamental oneness of religion."

Yes and because of the deference they fight over who has the truth.

Pudding

I mean that some people will believe in the supernatural, often including some sort of afterlife and/or deity. But we should not seek such a belief, nor trust it. It is something to be accepted with the best available peace, but never pursued.
Thanks for explain.

The only one that I can possibly know is the one within me, the one I talk to, the one that I truly am, all other god's are someone else's god.
Of course my goddess Lilith is the most superior because women are allways better than men!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

If all religion have essentially the same spiritual truths and spiritual origin, why there're so many contradictions between them?

What is the same spiritual origin you mean? Same spiritual origin is means as God? Which religion's God? Does this God has other name other than God?

There're many contradictions between many religion, how can all religion become oneness with the many contradictions?

The one whose God is the real one.
Every religion's God is God, are they all real one?

Last edited:

thau

Every religion's God is God, are they all real one?
The point being. If one of those gods is God, then in almost all cases the others cannot be. Certainly the case for Christianity. Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Shintoists and Animists and Native Americans can all imagine they are praying to “thee God” as they perceive him or their creed defines him, but if they are receiving any merits or benefits for their efforts and piety, I maintain it is coming from the One true God only, the Judeo-Christian God. He is the only one listening to them, He is the only one extolling grace or mercy.

And until someone agrees upon the criteria needed to demonstrate the validity of God, I will comfortably accept my own. No one cares about words of wisdom, they demand more credible signs or evidence. And then if given one of perplexity, then demand another, and then more. Sorry, do not see how anyone can prevail here. Fatima is enough for me. Throw in Zeitoun, Egypt, Guadalupe, the Shroud of Turin, Lourdes, stigmatas of saints, Catholic exorcisms, scores of weeping statues and paintings, countless divine healings, and beyond ---- if that does not count for anything then I hold out no further expectations. As Jesus said, “an evil age is eager for a sign but no sign will be given them except that of Jonah.” (referring to Himself). I imagine what he was also saying there was that no matter what sign heaven may offer, an evil age will do whatever they can to say it is not one.

I am not referring to you, personally.

Last edited:

Pudding

The point being. If one of those gods is God, then in almost all cases the others cannot be. Certainly the case for Christianity. Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Shintoists and Animists and Native Americans can all imagine they are praying to “thee God” as they perceive him or their creed defines him, but if they are receiving any merits or benefits for their efforts and piety, I maintain it is coming from the One true God only, the Judeo-Christian God. He is the only one listening to them, He is the only one extolling grace or mercy.
How do you know their religions's true God is the same true God as your religions's true God?

Their religions's true God may have many contradictions with your religions's true God in the moral/law/personality, how then can their religions's true God be the same true God as your religions's true God?

And until someone agrees upon the criteria needed to demonstrate the validity of God, I will comfortably accept my own.
In our present time now, it seems impossible for everyone to agrees upon the same criteria which needed to demonstrate the validity of any religion's God. Maybe when the true God finally reveal himself to everyone then finally everyone can agree with each other. If the true God never reveal to everyone at the same time or there is no true God at all , then many religion will carry on to disagree with each other.
No one cares about words of wisdom, they demand more credible signs or evidence.
We can find many different words of wisdom from many religion which this many different words of wisdom may contradict to each other. We can see many religion disagree with other religion's words of wisdom and claim only their religion's words of wisdom is right and all other religion's words of wisdom is false. Every religion's words of wisdom is only true to themself as other religion may disagree with them.
And then if given one of perplexity, then demand another, and then more. Sorry, do not see how anyone can prevail here.
I can't understand your meaning.
(Definition for "perplexity" - inability to deal with or understand something complicated or unaccountable)
Fatima is enough for me. Throw in Zeitoun, Egypt, Guadalupe, the Shroud of Turin, Lourdes, stigmatas of saints, Catholic exorcisms, scores of weeping statues and paintings, countless divine healings, and beyond ---- if that does not count for anything then I hold out no further expectations.
Although they've some similarity, but many of them contradict to each other and claim only they're right but all others are wrong or partially wrong.

As for the supernatural evidence of any religion that have been testimony by many believer, it's subjective and personal evidence.

Many testimony told by believers cannot count for an evidence for non-believer.
Only hear cannot lead them to believe. To believe is to see, no personal evidence or experience by non-believer lead to disbelieve.
As Jesus said, “an evil age is eager for a sign but no sign will be given them except that of Jonah.” (referring to Himself). I imagine what he was also saying there was that no matter what sign heaven may offer, an evil age will do whatever they can to say it is not one.
No, it can only lead to the conclusion that non-believer disagree with the sign as being a genuine one, and both side cannot agree with each other.

Any prophet's or believer's genuine sign is only true to themself but not to non-believer.

When non-believer give their reason for disagree and the prophet/believer reject non-believer's reason and claims that non-believer is evil, and then claims that they're right about their genuine sign so they've win although non-believer still disagree with them. That is just personal opinion and self-proclaimed that they is right or win.

I am not referring to you, personally.
No problem.

Last edited:

1AOA1

In every case it is the same God that is being perceived?

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.
List of religions and spiritual traditions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean all the different God from that 4,200 religions in the world is all one same God?

You have to wonder how these things became associated with theism. It is said to be Greek religion but Greek is not a practice. It is said to have Greek Gods but the God of theism was not born or naturalized in Greece. Materialistic definitions are applied which overall makes it materialistic. The same would be said for Egyptian religion, Sumerian religion, or British Gods.

Pudding

You have to wonder how these things became associated with theism. It is said to be Greek religion but Greek is not a practice. It is said to have Greek Gods but the God of theism was not born or naturalized in Greece. Materialistic definitions are applied which overall makes it materialistic. The same would be said for Egyptian religion, Sumerian religion, or British Gods.
What is the relevance to the statement of "all the different God from that 4,200 religions in the world is all one same God" ?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine is clearly superior.

Thor! Thor!
He's our man.
If he can't zap you
No one can!
Yaaaay Thor!

3400932-1thor.png

JoStories